• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Okay, this is potentially a stupid question, but I googled it and I found different responses. In LG, what rod do you need to use to catch Staryu?

I found out that the internal battery has run dry on my Emerald cartridge, and I want to get a Miltotic for my playthrough. Because this affects berries, would it still be possible to get a Milotic, or would it be very difficult even with a good nature? Also, if it is too hard to evolve Feebas, what would a good replacement water pokemon be (not Sharpedo, Swampert, or either Clampearl evolutions.)?

Yes, but it would be very difficult. I did it on my Emerald with a mix of Indigo and blue Pokéblocks. The best berries are Kelpsy and Pamtree berries, but you can also use Chesto berries too. There should be enough berries in game to get a Milotic, but if not, you could trade some of the berries from Ruby or Sapphire.

However, if you can't be bothered with all of this, I would recommend Wailord, Walrein and Starmie.

Okay, this is potentially a stupid question, but I googled it and I found different responses. In LG, what rod do you need to use to catch Staryu?

Bulbapedia says Super Rod, and you can catch one at Pallet Town, Cinnabar Island, Vermilion City, One Island, Five Island or Icefall Cave.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

If you plant berrys dream world and couldn't water them for 5 days, would they wither away?

Last edited by a moderator:

Its just for fun, it dosent affect Pokemon stats or anything, Pokemon Natures do.

Thank you for asking my question. :)

The Nature you choose does show up on your Trainer Card when other people view it (i.e. through the Union Room or other connection activities), but that's all it does.

If I teach a Golurk in Black 2 Ice Punch and then breed it with a Ditto, with the resulting Golett know Ice Punch as well?

If I teach a Golurk in Black 2 Ice Punch and then breed it with a Ditto, with the resulting Golett know Ice Punch as well?

Since Ice Punch is a tutored move for Golett/Golurk, no, I don't think it will work. I believe only TM's, HM's and breeding moves can be passed on to eggs. (Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong though.)

Since Ice Punch is a tutored move for Golett/Golurk, no, I don't think it will work. I believe only TM's, HM's and breeding moves can be passed on to eggs. (Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong though.)

That is correct, Move Tutor moves cannot be bred.

How do you exactly match a Tyrogue's stats to make it evolve into Hitmontop/lee/chan? Do you have to EV train it carefully so it evolves into the right one, or could they be decided with their born stats?

I also have another question. Let's say I have Unown A. If I breed Unown A with a Ditto, are there any chances I could get the full alphabet (including ! and ? unown) through breeding?

Last edited:

How do you exactly match a Tyrogue's stats to make it evolve into Hitmontop/lee/chan? Do you have to EV train it carefully so it evolves into the right one, or could they be decided with their born stats?

Yes, EVing training is how you do it. Using Vitamins and EV barrys is the easiest way to get the right spread.

I also have another question. Let's say I have Unown A. If I breed Unown A with a Ditto, are there any chances I could get the full alphabet (including ! and ? unown) through breeding?

I believe so, since Unown's shape is determined by it's Internal Values, which are generated at egg creation. I've never done it but it should work.

Although, you'd might have just as much luck (and a lot faster as well) to just try to catch them all normally since unown's have a "10455 minimum steps" egg timer.

EDIT: Nvm. Unown can't breed with Ditto.

Okay...

Is there a trainer in Black 2 that uses Unown...? Because I don't have any other games and the GTS will only allow me ask for seen pokemon... ;_;

Okay...

Is there a trainer in Black 2 that uses Unown...? Because I don't have any other games and the GTS will only allow me ask for seen pokemon... ;_;

No, I don't think a trainer in B2 uses one, unfortunately. You could migrate from HeartGold/SoulSilver, but since you don't have those games you will probably have to trade with someone who has an Unown. You should try asking for one in here. I'm sure someone can help you out with getting one :)

Is it required to have the exact trainer name that goes with a friend code, or can you put any name down for it?

Is it required to have the exact trainer name that goes with a friend code, or can you put any name down for it?

Nah, you can write any name when you're registering someone in the Pal Pad. It's the friend code that matters.

Nah, you can write any name when you're registering someone in the Pal Pad. It's the friend code that matters.

Thanks for the info. Wish I knew this a while ago, been asking for names too. Coulda sped up the process a lot of times if I knew this.

If you breed a blue Shellos with a Ditto, is there any chance of getting a pink Shellos?

If you breed a blue Shellos with a Ditto, is there any chance of getting a pink Shellos?

I believe that whatever color the mother is is what determines the color of the shellos hatched. So according to this theory, blue will only produce blue, pink produces pink.

What happens if I use the Pledge moves in a triple battle all at the same turn?

Like, I've got Emboar on the right, Serperior in the middle, and Samurott on the left

and all of them use the corresponding Pledge moves at the same turn...? How do the effects take place?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom