• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

What happens if I use the Pledge moves in a triple battle all at the same turn?

Like, I've got Emboar on the right, Serperior in the middle, and Samurott on the left

and all of them use the corresponding Pledge moves at the same turn...? How do the effects take place?

I think that only the first two moves would make a combo and the third one would be just used with no secondary effects.

What happens if I use the Pledge moves in a triple battle all at the same turn?

Like, I've got Emboar on the right, Serperior in the middle, and Samurott on the left

and all of them use the corresponding Pledge moves at the same turn...? How do the effects take place?

I think that only the first two moves would make a combo and the third one would be just used with no secondary effects.
So the fastest two would only Pledge together, and the third would just be an attack?

If I were to focus a Samurott on physical attack rather than special attack, how much potential attacking power am I sacrificing? Is it a huge difference? Samurott's base Attack stat is 100, and it's base Special Attack stat is 108 - it doesn't seem like a vast loss if I decided not to focus on special attack. Am I wrong?

Also, I'm desperate to start Black 2 and have my team all planned out - but one thing is bothering me massively: IVs. For example, one of my team members is going to be a Ferrothorn with a Brave nature. His moveset is going to be Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Leech Seed and Ingrain (or Toxic). The idea of having his speed IV be 0 is tantalising to me, so he can get the most out of Gyro Ball. All the Ferroseed I have bred thus far have had speed IVs of around 14 or 15 - how negative an effect would this have compared to trying for a 0 in Speed?

Last edited:

If I were to focus a Samurott on physical attack rather than special attack, how much potential attacking power am I sacrificing? Is it a huge difference? Samurott's base Attack stat is 100, and it's base Special Attack stat is 108 - it doesn't seem like a vast loss if I decided not to focus on special attack. Am I wrong?

Also, I'm desperate to start Black 2 and have my team all planned out - but one thing is bothering me massively: IVs. For example, one of my team members is going to be a Ferrothorn with a Brave nature. His moveset is going to be Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Leech Seed and Ingrain (or Toxic). The idea of having his speed IV be 0 is tantalising to me, so he can get the most out of Gyro Ball. All the Ferroseed I have bred thus far have had speed IVs of around 14 or 15 - how negative an effect would this have compared to trying for a 0 in Speed?

For Samurott, since base stats contribute two points to a stat, assuming equal IVs, EVs, and relatively neutral nature, its Special Attack at Lv. 100 would be 16 points higher than its Attack. It's a bit different, but not really different enough to worry over (and keep in mind that different EVs, IVs, and natures can easily cause Samurott to have a higher Attack).

For Ferrothorn, IVs contribute one point to a stat at Lv. 100, so the Ferrothorn you have would only about 14-15 points faster than ones with 0 EVs. Again, this probably won't be too big of an issue, especially since any Pokémon you do end up outspeeding probably weren't the best targets for Gyro Ball anyway. In some rare cases, it might mean you're doing a bit less damage, but its also not much to worry about overall.

Would anyone know of a Breeding Chain to get Seismic Toss onto a Chansey without having to Trade from a 3rd Gen game?

Would anyone know of a Breeding Chain to get Seismic Toss onto a Chansey without having to Trade from a 3rd Gen game?

Unfortunately, Seismic Toss is no longer anywhere in Chansey's moveset. The only way to teach it Seismic Toss is through Gen III move tutors.

Unfortunately, Seismic Toss is no longer anywhere in Chansey's moveset. The only way to teach it Seismic Toss is through Gen III move tutors.

Yeah, that's what I was figuring but was hoping someone knew of something that wasn't listed in the Wiki.

Has this ever happened to you?

I traded for a Magmar on the GTS with a Magmarizer equiped.
As soon as I got it, it evolved... but now, my game crashes if I try to look at it in game.
I think I got suckered into trading for a Gliched Pokemon.

So, now I have a Gliched Magmorter in my Party that I can't touch.
I've afraid to even attempt to release it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 25 Braviary on Route 4

Is it worth training? Since it was caught as a Braviary (not a rufflet) at a fairly high level, will it be really weak at level 100?

Re: Level 25 Braviary on Route 4

Waaaaait, 25 o.o

Doesn't rufflet evolve at like level 40 something?

Waaaaait, 25 o.o

Doesn't rufflet evolve at like level 40 something?

It's an event encounter.
But anyway, I think it might be good idea. I was playing Black 2, So I got Mandibuzz. I replaced it, but it wasn't that it was bad, I just wanted other Pokes on my team.

I have one, and it's totally worth training. Great stats, awesome design and no-grinding required to get it fighting ready. I highly recommend it. I don't think it's weaker than a wild one, but then again, I don't have the patience to train a Rufflet. Mine is Lonely natured, and he hits like a truck.

I would definitely raise it. I raised the one I caught in my W2 and it was awesome, and it has a really cool ability (Defiant) which raises attack if it has a stat lowered by the opponent.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

On Platinum, I'm having a hard time choosing between a Froslass or a Glaceon for my team (in-game, not competitive). I really love the looks of both. I've used a Froslass before and loved it, but I've never tried Glaceon. Glaceon has 50 points better Special Attack, which is amazing. Both of them can also learn shadow ball, but I don't know if Glaceon's would beat a STAB one, even with its high special attack. Also, will Glaceon's speed end up being a problem, since Froslass is super fast. Glaceon would also give me a 3rd pokemon that is weak to fighting on my team, while Froslass would resist it completely. (Although Porygon-Z is probably fast and strong enough to take them without being killed).

The rest of my team, just for reference:
Empoleon: Surf, Drill Peck, Earthquake, Flash Cannon
Roserade: Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Return
Rapidash: Flamethrower, Flare Blitz, Poison Jab, Strength
Togekiss: Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Psychic, Fly
Porygon-Z: Tri Attack, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Dark Pulse

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Take the Glaceon, you've never used it before and it'd be more fun that using Froslass again, at least I think so.

Is it worth training? Since it was caught as a Braviary (not a Rufflet) at a fairly high level, will it be really weak at level 100?

There is no inherent disadvantage to catching and training a higher-level or already-evolved Pokémon. That Braviary can grow to be just as strong as any other one.

I was just wondering - that guy in Humilau City that was playing tag with his girlfriend looks really lonely just standing there alone on the beach. Does he ever get a girlfriend again??

New to Pokemon Black 2

Alright. So I used to play pokemon a lot as a kid. But I haven't played since Pokemon Silver, easily over 10 years ago.

I just picked up Pokemon Black 2. So all these awesome new features are brand spanking new to me. Such as GTC and pokemon-gl.com.

Anyway, so I'm sure ill learn more as I play.

As for my first question, at what point in the game do I gain access to the GBC within poke centers to participate in random or rated battles? I just won my 2nd badge, so idk if I just haven't moved far enough into the game? I can access the GTC for trades, but haven't actually made any trades. Which leads me to my next question...

When looking for trades, why can I only look up pokemon that I have seen? How is it I look for trades for pokemon that I HAVEN'T seen. For example, pikachu, charmander, squirtle, and bulbasaur I have not seen. How do I get my hands on them within the trading feature?

Also, I'm looking to add friends to my pal... Log... Thing... (I can't remember what it's called, lol). So that way I have some people to interact with for battles, trading and such.

One last question, which is pretty random, are you able to breed pokemon in this version and hatch eggs?

I'm not sure of most of the new features, so if anyone could post some of the new stuff that I wouldn't be aware of that have come out between now and silver, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance Pokemon Trainers! :)

Re: New to Pokemon Black 2

-From the first gym on the entire GTS is available. You should be able to trade and battle.
-You need to either find someone to battle with who can show them to you and then trade, or perhaps do random matchups, with the trainer card message specifying that you want so and so Pokemon.
-Breeding is post league, and still in route 3.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom