• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: New to Pokemon Black 2

-From the first gym on the entire GTS is available. You should be able to trade and battle.
-You need to either find someone to battle with who can show them to you and then trade, or perhaps do random matchups, with the trainer card message specifying that you want so and so Pokemon.
-Breeding is post league, and still in route 3.

I dont think I understand. When i enter the pokecenters, i go upstairs and talk to the lady on the far right correct? Cause when i speak to her, she only gives me the option to go into trade. Nothing about battling.

How do i enter into Random Battles or Rated battles? when i go into the Pokemon centers i see NOTHING regarding battles :( please help.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

@Bloodrain28;If you want to battle online(not Random Match) go to the middle at the top floor of the Pokemon Center to enter the wi-fi plaza. You'll need to have the other person's friend code registered in your Pal Pad and they need to have yours registered.

For Random Match, you need to have obtained the Vs Recorder. You receive that in Nimbasa City.

Last edited:

@Bloodrain28;If you want to battle online(not Random Match) go to the middle at the top floor of the Pokemon Center to enter the wi-fi plaza. You'll need to have the other person's friend code registered in your Pal Pad and they need to have yours registered.

For Random Match, you need to have obtained the Vs Recorder. You receive that in Nimbasa City.

Thank you SOOOO much Ninfia, You're amazing!! :D <333

I have a question about the White Treehollow. Can you save while you are doing it? Like can I save before fighting one of the boss trainers and reset in case I lose?

I didn't want to make a new thread on it, but I need help making a team in White. Compared to most people, i've only ever played single player, so forgive the possible cluelessness

-Team-
Servine - Leaf Blade, Giga Drain, Aerial Ace, Return [Bit of a predicament over the Held Item]
Simipour - Surf, Ice Beam, Shadow Claw, Return
Klingklang - Flash Cannon, Shift Gear, Charge/Discharge
Haxorus - Dragon Claw, Outrage, Swords/Dragon Dance
Volcarona - Quiver Dance, Heatwave, Bug Buzz, Overheat. [Lost Quiver Dance because all pkmn fainted when it leveled to 59 :\]
Musharna - Hypnosis, Nightmare, Psychic, Synchronoise

I don't mind changing everything except Servine... nobody touches Servine. However, I sold my Eviolite because I thought it only worked on Eevee... how wrong was I? I'm thinking I need to trade for a Pokemon holding one over N_WFC, but I need a 3ds to connect to a WPA2 network.

I didn't want to make a new thread on it, but I need help making a team in White. Compared to most people, i've only ever played single player, so forgive the possible cluelessness

-Team-
Servine - Leaf Blade, Giga Drain, Aerial Ace, Return [Bit of a predicament over the Held Item]
Simipour - Surf, Ice Beam, Shadow Claw, Return
Klingklang - Flash Cannon, Shift Gear, Charge/Discharge
Haxorus - Dragon Claw, Outrage, Swords/Dragon Dance
Volcarona - Quiver Dance, Heatwave, Bug Buzz, Overheat. [Lost Quiver Dance because all pkmn fainted when it leveled to 59 :\]
Musharna - Hypnosis, Nightmare, Psychic, Synchronoise

I don't mind changing everything except Servine... nobody touches Servine. However, I sold my Eviolite because I thought it only worked on Eevee... how wrong was I? I'm thinking I need to trade for a Pokemon holding one over N_WFC, but I need a 3ds to connect to a WPA2 network.

First things first, you might get better advice if you take your team over to the Battle Center forum to be rated.

That being said, your team looks fairly balanced overall. The one thing I would highly suggest is getting Volcarona to the Move Relearner to learn Quiver Dance. It's a great stat-boosting move, especially for a special sweeper like Volcarona.

I have a question about the White Treehollow. Can you save while you are doing it? Like can I save before fighting one of the boss trainers and reset in case I lose?

Yes, you can save in the White Treehollow/Black Tower.

Hey guys! I need help. I'm training a Yanmega and I can't decide one of its moves. See, I went for the offensive moveset, which is:

252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Defense

-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-AncientPower
-Protect

The thing is I want to change AncientPower because it isn't that strong. I have it there just in case I bump into a Charizard or a Volcarona, and because of the slim chances of getting all my stats increased. What suggestions do you have? What can I replace AncientPower with? I'm not very fond of Hidden Power, and I'm not sure if Psychic or Shadow Ball would be good. I can't have Giga Drain because I'm playing in Black, not in Black 2.

Also, which item do you think I can give my Yanmega? I was thinking of Leftovers, or maybe a Life Orb... Help please!

Why won't my magikarp evolve?

Hey guys, great site. I have a level 42 magikarp in platinum but everyone seems to say it should have evolved at lv20 or between lv20 and 30. Is there something I'm not doing? Thanks.

Re: Why won't my magikarp evolve?

Hey guys, great site. I have a level 42 magikarp in platinum but everyone seems to say it should have evolved at lv20 or between lv20 and 30. Is there something I'm not doing? Thanks.

Have you actually leveled it up yourself? Also make sure it's not holding an Everstone, as it prevents evolution.

Hey guys! I need help. I'm training a Yanmega and I can't decide one of its moves. See, I went for the offensive moveset, which is:

-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-AncientPower
-Protect

The thing is I want to change AncientPower because it isn't that strong. I have it there just in case I bump into a Charizard or a Volcarona, and because of the slim chances of getting all my stats increased. What suggestions do you have? What can I replace AncientPower with? I'm not very fond of Hidden Power, and I'm not sure if Psychic or Shadow Ball would be good. I can't have Giga Drain because I'm playing in Black, not in Black 2.

Also, which item do you think I can give my Yanmega? I was thinking of Leftovers, or maybe a Life Orb... Help please!

U-Turn would be a good move since it allows you to switch out easily if you feel like Yanmega isn't an appropriate counter for the opposing Pokemon. Toxic is another option because it works well with Protect. As for the item, since Yanmega isn't the best Pokemon defence-wise, Leftovers wouldn't help it much. Life Orb would be a better choise, since Yanmega could use the extra power boost.

White 2 Wild Pokemon glitch?

I encountered this glitch on my game starting this morning.

Wild pokemon glitch - white 2 - YouTube

I have absolutely no idea what's causing it, but wild Pokemon brought down to the red area of health will glitch and disappear, ending the battle.

The only thing I've done in the game since the glitch started is trade with my copy of Black. Neither of which I have cheated on or have had any previous problems with glitches.
The only other thing I can think of was introducing PokeRus on my White 2, which seems highly unlikely to have caused the problem, given that I can't find anything on this glitch, and plenty of people have the 'Rus.

Does anybody have any ideas/suggestions? Because I've hit a wall.

Re: White 2 Wild Pokemon glitch?

No just the move you were using. The first two times you attacked you used Aqua Tail. The third time you used Dragon Tail. Dragon Tail. Its supposed to do it. Next time I'd said try the simple question/answer thread next time

-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-AncientPower
-Protect

U-Turn would be a good move since it allows you to switch out easily if you feel like Yanmega isn't an appropriate counter for the opposing Pokemon. Toxic is another option because it works well with Protect. As for the item, since Yanmega isn't the best Pokemon defence-wise, Leftovers wouldn't help it much. Life Orb would be a better choise, since Yanmega could use the extra power boost.

I decided to go for the Life Orb. I'm still, however, deciding the fourth move. I don't like U-Turn that much, and I'm still thinking about Toxic. All I want is more coverage. Sadly, my Yanmega's Hidden Power is Bug, and I already have Bug Buzz. Thanks for your help!

All I want is more coverage...

What about trading it over to me so I can teach it Giga Drain? I've plenty of shards to spare and it'll give you at least a little coverage over Rock-types and Ground-types that may be carrying Rock-type moves; it could also give you back what you lose by switching Leftovers for Life Orb. Have your cake and eating it, as it were.

Now for my own question: Would Super Luck or Big Pecks be best for an in-game Unfezant? I have one with Super Luck holding a Scope Lens, and it seems to be doing pretty well, critical hit-wise; but would Big Pecks be better overall?

Last edited:

What about trading it over to me so I can teach it Giga Drain? I've plenty of shards to spare and it'll give you at least a little coverage over Rock-types and Ground-types that may be carrying Rock-type moves; it could also give you back what you lose by switching Leftovers for Life Orb. Have your cake and eating it, as it were.

Really?! Would you do that for me?! HOW DO I KNOW YOU'RE NOT GOING TO STEAL MY YANMEGA???? (I'm obviously kidding here).

Tell me when you can do the trade. Also, is there anything you'd like in return? I don't know, an item? A Pokémon? Tell me what you want/need and I'll tell you if I'm able to help you or not.

Uh, by the way, I have a similar situation with my Volcarona. This is my Volcarona's set:

252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Special Defense

-Bug Buzz
-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Quiver Dance

I was thinking that maybe I could switch Psychic for Giga Drain to harm Rock and Water Pokémon and to regain some health. Then again, Psychic is stronger and helps me deal with those freaking Fighting types that ALWAYS have Stone Edge or Rock Slide. Also, if I have Giga Drain over Psychic, I'm done for if I have to fight another Fire Pokémon. What do you think I should do?

Really?! Would you do that for me?! HOW DO I KNOW YOU'RE NOT GOING TO STEAL MY YANMEGA???? (I'm obviously kidding here).

Tell me when you can do the trade. Also, is there anything you'd like in return? I don't know, an item? A Pokémon? Tell me what you want/need and I'll tell you if I'm able to help you or not.

Uh, by the way, I have a similar situation with my Volcarona. This is my Volcarona's set:

252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Special Defense

-Bug Buzz
-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Quiver Dance

I was thinking that maybe I could switch Psychic for Giga Drain to harm Rock and Water Pokémon and to regain some health. Then again, Psychic is stronger and helps me deal with those freaking Fighting types that ALWAYS have Stone Edge or Rock Slide. Also, if I have Giga Drain over Psychic, I'm done for if I have to fight another Fire Pokémon. What do you think I should do?

I've got 11 Yellow Shards here sitting doing nothing, 10 of them should be going towards teaching your Yanmega Giga Drain! I don't need or want anything in return. Leave me a VM when you're available to trade and we'll do it. :)

The only way around the Volcarona would be not to have Quiver Dance and go for both Psychic and Giga Drain; but Quiver Dance is such a fantastic move. My Volcarona has Bug Buzz, Flamethrower, Psychic and Quiver Dance and I never had any real problems with him.

lvl 1?

a fairly simple quastion .
how can i get level 1 pikachu?

in gen 4 or 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Now for my own question: Would Super Luck or Big Pecks be best for an in-game Unfezant? I have one with Super Luck holding a Scope Lens, and it seems to be doing pretty well, critical hit-wise; but would Big Pecks be better overall?

Unless you have a issue with a lot of in-game NPCs trying to lower your defense, I'd say Super Luck is plenty fine. Though really, anything can really swing when doing in-game things (unless you're doing battle subway etc.)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom