• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: lvl 1?

a fairly simple quastion .
how can i get level 1 pikachu?

in gen 4 or 5.

It is impossible to have a level 1 pikachu as bred pikachu/raichu will bear pichu offspring. Now, you COULD raise said pichu's friendship/happiness while its level 1 high enough for it to evolve into pikachu (save and rare candy the pichu to test if it's happiness is high enough, if not turn off/on the game and just keep raising it's happiness) essentially giving you a level 2 pikachu.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I'm thinking about putting a Trick Room Team together and I was wondering something: Does Trick Room affect Gyro Ball's power?

I'm thinking about putting a Trick Room Team together and I was wondering something: Does Trick Room affect Gyro Ball's power?

I would say no. Gyro Ball's power is based on comparing the two speed values.
So it's subject to math.

Trick room just reverses the Priority Order of attacks.
(it's like saying "sure, you're faster then me but I'm still going to attack first anyway.")

Of course I could be wrong but that's how I read the dynamics.

So I'm pretty new to the forums. I'm just looking for an explanation for all the acronyms I'm seeing on this forum. For example, "DWF". What does that mean and what are some other acronyms on here?

Also, what are these "teams" I'm reading about? Such as a sunny day team and a trick room team?

So I'm pretty new to the forums. I'm just looking for an explanation for all the acronyms I'm seeing on this forum. For example, "DWF". What does that mean and what are some other acronyms on here?

Also, what are these "teams" I'm reading about? Such as a sunny day team and a trick room team?

DWF = Dream World female
JA = Join Avenue
LF = looking for

I can't think of any other widely used acronyms atm :T

Sunny Day/Trick Room/Rain Teams are pokemon teams whose main gimmick is that their moves/abilities/types are focused around the summoning of sun/rain or the use of the move Trick Room to gain an advantage over the opponent and benefit from boosts provided by such things*. Sun teams are built around Sunny Day/Drought, Rain teams follow Rain Dance/Drizzle, while trick teams go obviously for Trick Room.

*such boost include but aren't limited to speed boosts via chlorophyll or swift swim, no charge required solarbeams, boost to water moves while weakened fire type moves, etc.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

In Pokemon Ranger- Guardian Signs, is it possible to get the special missions from the Ranger Net anymore?

I heard that pokemon left too long at the GTS without picking up will result in the pokemon running away? Could you tell me how long is "long"?

Is there an in-game trade with an NPC in Black 2 that'll give me a Petilil/Rufflet?

Is there an in-game trade with an NPC in Black 2 that'll give me a Petilil/Rufflet?

Petilil yes, Rufflet no. A trainer on Route 4 will trade you a Petilil for a Cottonee. However, to get a Rufflet or Braviary, you'll have to trade with someone who has it on another game.

I heard that pokemon left too long at the GTS without picking up will result in the pokemon running away? Could you tell me how long is "long"?

That is bull.

But
Global Terminal - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
bulbapedia said:
It is recommended to check up on a deposited Pokémon every so often, as the Pokémon may flee if it is kept in the GTS for an extended period of time.

So... how long is this "extended period of time" ??

That is bull.

But
Global Terminal - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
bulbapedia said:
It is recommended to check up on a deposited Pokémon every so often, as the Pokémon may flee if it is kept in the GTS for an extended period of time.

So... how long is this "extended period of time" ??

Wha? Well, a Snivy of mine apparently doesn't want to run, since she was deposited a year ago and is still there.

How do you become dream pal with yourself?
I've seen people do it. Going on the dream world there's people who are dream pals with someone with the exact same name but a different island (different game I presume. One island having obviously a different house and Pokèmon from the other so I know its not just a glitch with the same island appearing twice) sometimes more than two people with the exact same PGL-name are dream pals with each other.
I have White and Black 2 and I've been trying a few different methods to at least see if my other game comes up as a "Game Pal" at least.
I've added the friend codes for both games.
I tried a GTS trade between both games (Black 2 doesn't seem to be registering these at all... Despite White having several Trade Pals I've only randomly encountered on the GTS.)
Nothing seems to help.

I know it seems like a silly pointless thing to do but I'd like to at least try so I can get the berries I need between the games. Like I have berries on my B2 island I would like on the white island.
Is there even any way or did the people above just get lucky?

How do you become dream pal with yourself?
I've seen people do it. Going on the dream world there's people who are dream pals with someone with the exact same name but a different island (different game I presume. One island having obviously a different house and Pokèmon from the other so I know its not just a glitch with the same island appearing twice) sometimes more than two people with the exact same PGL-name are dream pals with each other.
I have White and Black 2 and I've been trying a few different methods to at least see if my other game comes up as a "Game Pal" at least.
I've added the friend codes for both games.
I tried a GTS trade between both games (Black 2 doesn't seem to be registering these at all... Despite White having several Trade Pals I've only randomly encountered on the GTS.)
Nothing seems to help.

I know it seems like a silly pointless thing to do but I'd like to at least try so I can get the berries I need between the games. Like I have berries on my B2 island I would like on the white island.
Is there even any way or did the people above just get lucky?

Have you tried this method? It's a bit archaic compared with how it's done through game pals/pal pads nowadays, but it should still work if you're having trouble with the game pals way.

The only problem though is that this method requires you to have both islands in the same world/server, whereas the game pal method does not.

/What is soft-reset? What do you have to press for soft-resetting? I pretty much got all in-game giveaways, so the only pokemon left I hadn't picked up is the Eevee with the Hidden Ability in Castelia. I want to try for a shiny, or maybe just getting a female...?

/What is soft-reset? What do you have to press for soft-resetting? I pretty much got all in-game giveaways, so the only pokemon left I hadn't picked up is the Eevee with the Hidden Ability in Castelia. I want to try for a shiny, or maybe just getting a female...?

When you "soft reset", the game returns to the title screen without turning the system off and then back on (that would be a "hard reset"). Soft resetting is considered better than hard resetting because it consumes less time and battery.

In order to soft reset on the DS you have to press and hold "L", "R", "Start" and "Select".

There's also a small article on Bulbapedia about this.

How do you get the strange ending for the very first Brycen-man movie? I looked up some guides, but all they said was to survive the 2 scenes. However, I only get either a good ending (killing all of Brycen-man's pokemons) or bad ending (not killing Brycen-man's pokemons). Any tips?

I was playing Black 2 and I wanted to evolve my lv. 1 Riolu. I'd been increasing its friendship and so I checked it with Bianca. She said "What great friends you are! It's so nice how you trust each other! It makes me kinda jealous!", which is what Bulbapedia says that she says when the friendship is maxed. So I went to Route 19 and spread the experience around my whole party so that Riolu would evolve right at lv. 2. After 2 battles, it leveled up, but it didn't evolve. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

I was playing Black 2 and I wanted to evolve my lv. 1 Riolu. I'd been increasing its friendship and so I checked it with Bianca. She said "What great friends you are! It's so nice how you trust each other! It makes me kinda jealous!", which is what Bulbapedia says that she says when the friendship is maxed. So I went to Route 19 and spread the experience around my whole party so that Riolu would evolve right at lv. 2. After 2 battles, it leveled up, but it didn't evolve. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

Are you doing this during the day? Remember it has to be daytime for Riolu to evolve. The morning hours depend on the season you are in, so I suggest checking this to see the hours. I hope I helped!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom