• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Can you capture the Kami trio therian forme in the Dream radar more than one? I re-caught Landorus but it just gave me an item..

Seeing as I'm the last post, I figured out my last question on my own and want to ask something else I'll guess i'll just edit my last.

In flat battles [Lv. 50 lock] are the EVs/Stats scaled down from the Pokemon's current level? or is it recorded when it levels to 50?

Yes, they are scaled down from the stats/EVs your Pokemon has currently.

Can you capture the Kami trio therian forme in the Dream radar more than one? I re-caught Landorus but it just gave me an item..

Each of the Kami trio can only be obtained from the Dream Radar once.

why does red disappear if you beat him in the champions tournament?

like he doesn't sit with the other champions after you beat them

why does red disappear if you beat him in the champions tournament?

like he doesn't sit with the other champions after you beat them

I think that's just Red staying true to his character. Since his whole schtick is being a silent protagonist, of course he's not going hang around afterwards to chat with the other Champions. Plus, it's sort of a call-back to him disappearing after you defeat him at Mt. Silver in GSC/HGSS.

My Black Version was set up to use Wi-Fi on my DS lite, but it doesn't connect in my home. I always had to go to the library and use the internet there. Now, I have a 3DS, and it is able to connect at home. To switch my game over to use the GTS and other Wi-Fi things on my 3DS, it says,
"Update Wi-Fi User Information
saved in the save data?
When you update your Wi-Fi User Information, you will
lose all data that was used to
connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection."

What exactly will this affect? It's not going to change the save file on my game, is it?
thanks

My Black Version was set up to use Wi-Fi on my DS lite, but it doesn't connect in my home. I always had to go to the library and use the internet there. Now, I have a 3DS, and it is able to connect at home. To switch my game over to use the GTS and other Wi-Fi things on my 3DS, it says,
"Update Wi-Fi User Information
saved in the save data?
When you update your Wi-Fi User Information, you will
lose all data that was used to
connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection."

What exactly will this affect? It's not going to change the save file on my game, is it?
thanks
No it dosent affect your save file, but your Friend Code will change and all the Friend Codes in your Pal Pad will be deleted and need to be re registered I think.

Hey guys, I have a question. When I hit a Pokémon using Substitute, I almost always break the substitute, but some other times I have to hit it again to break it. Why is this? Is it determined randomly? Thanks!

Hey guys, I have a question. When I hit a Pokémon using Substitute, I almost always break the substitute, but some other times I have to hit it again to break it. Why is this? Is it determined randomly? Thanks!

It's down to the Pokémon with the substitutes defense. The higher the defense, the harder the substitute is to break.

It's down to the Pokémon with the substitutes defense. The higher the defense, the harder the substitute is to break.

This. But there's more to it.

A Pokemon's Defense and HP are interrelated. A Substitute literally has the HP equivalent of that offered to make the Substitute in the first place. If my Pikachu has 100 HP and uses Substitute then 1/4 of it's HP is placed in the Substitute. In this case, my Pikachu's Substitute would have 25 HP. If your Pidgey used Wing Attack and it deals 20 damage to my Pikachu, its Substitute would receive 20 damage, and 5 HP would remain. My Pikachu's Substitute would not break. However, if your Diglett used Earthquake and it deals 50 damage to my Pikachu, its Substitute would receive 50 damage, which exceeds the 25 HP input, breaking the Substitute in one hit unlike your Pidgey's Wing Attack.

It's the damage done that determines the longevity of a Substitute. The Pokemon's defenses do matter, but they don't determine the strength of a Pokemon's Substitute. The Pokemon's defenses will not increase or decrease while a Substitute.

A Pokemon's Defense and HP are interrelated. A Substitute literally has the HP equivalent of that offered to make the Substitute in the first place. If my Pikachu has 100 HP and uses Substitute then 1/4 of it's HP is placed in the Substitute. In this case, my Pikachu's Substitute would have 25 HP. If your Pidgey used Wing Attack and it deals 20 damage to my Pikachu, its Substitute would receive 20 damage, and 5 HP would remain. My Pikachu's Substitute would not break. However, if your Diglett used Earthquake and it deals 50 damage to my Pikachu, its Substitute would receive 50 damage, which exceeds the 25 HP input, breaking the Substitute in one hit unlike your Pidgey's Wing Attack.

It's the damage done that determines the longevity of a Substitute. The Pokemon's defenses do matter, but they don't determine the strength of a Pokemon's Substitute. The Pokemon's defenses will not increase or decrease while a Substitute.

Oh so that's why those damn pink blobs' substitute just wouldn't break because they have so much HP in the first place... ;_;

Question: What does United Tower actually do? I visited it, and it just takes me to some floors where there's people I traded with before...? No battles, no shops?

Oh so that's why those damn pink blobs' substitute just wouldn't break because they have so much HP in the first place... ;_;

Question: What does United Tower actually do? I visited it, and it just takes me to some floors where there's people I traded with before...? No battles, no shops?
United Tower's purpose seems to be to represent the people you have traded with worldwide. That's about it. You can talk to the people inside, but you can't do anything else there it seems.

This may be an out of left field question but
How many Legendaries are legitimately catchable in B&W2?

Reshiram/Zekrom
Kyurem
Mesprit
Uxie
Azelf
Cresselia
Heatran
Latios/Latias
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Regigigas
17 total

Reshiram/Zekrom
Kyurem
Mesprit
Uxie
Azelf
Cresselia
Heatran
Latios/Latias
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Regigigas
17 total

k-sigh.....
So, assuming I don't transfer the pre-Unova Legendaries from Diamond,
I'll need 17 Master Balls to make this easy......
Great......

Reshiram/Zekrom
Kyurem
Mesprit
Uxie
Azelf
Cresselia
Heatran
Latios/Latias
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Regigigas
17 total

k-sigh.....
Great......
Some of those are version exclusive. Latios/Latias, Reshi/Zek, and Regice/Registeel are version exclusive

This is an excellent explanation. Thank you very much!!

Reshiram/Zekrom
Kyurem
Mesprit
Uxie
Azelf
Cresselia
Heatran
Latios/Latias
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Regigigas
17 total

k-sigh.....
Great......
Some of those are version exclusive. Latios/Latias, Reshi/Zek, and Regice/Registeel are version exclusive

Well, sort of. Latios/Latias and Reshiram/Zekrom are indeed completely version-exclusive. However, Regice and Registeel are based on the Unova keys. So while you'll still need both versions to get the keys, the every member of the Regi trio (and therefore Regigigas) is available for capture within both games once the keys are transferred.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom