• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Perfect imposter ditto

So I finally found an imposter ditto and since the only iv that matters on this one is hp, i want to get a perfect one. I just wanted to know what the best way to do this was

I don't really want to have to catch it 1000 times and bring it to Mr stat judge each time. could i possibly tell its hp iv while in battle with it? Thanks for any info.
Unfortunately, IVs cant be determined when you're battling a Pokemon.You will have to catch the Pokemon and check it's IVs with the stats judge or determine it using an online IV calculator. You can also upload it to Pokecheck to check it's IVs I believe.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I have a question about EV training, if anyone has any suggestions.
I just received my shiny Dratini after defeating the White Treehollow, and I want to train it to the best of it's potential. He has a relaxed nature, proud of its power, and level 1 currently.
Which stats should I train it in? Which numbers do you suggest?
Please and thanks!

I'd recommend putting as much as you possibly can in Speed and Attack. So 252 in Attack and 252 in Speed. The extra 4 EV's can be put into its HP. It's up to you of course, but this is my preference for a Dragonite.

To get Attack EV's battle Patrat and for Speed EV's battle Basculin. For HP you can battle Audino. To speed the process up you should equip the Dratini with a Macho Brace or a Power Bracer (for more Attack EV's) and a Power Anklet (for extra Speed EV's).

Re: Perfect imposter ditto

How does one breed a Feebas with Dragon Pulse and Hypnosis?

Breed your Female Feebas with a Male Pokemon from the Poliwag-line (Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Politoed) that knows Hypnosis. Take the offspring (which will then know Hypnosis) and teach it Dragon Pulse via Move Tutor.

I have a question about EV training, if anyone has any suggestions.
I just received my shiny Dratini after defeating the White Treehollow, and I want to train it to the best of it's potential. He has a relaxed nature, proud of its power, and level 1 currently.
Which stats should I train it in? Which numbers do you suggest?
Please and thanks!

The way you train a Pokemon depends upon the purpose you plan on using it for. Do you want to use this Dratini in-game or competitively? It's important to know because there a multiple different ways you can train a Dragonite for it be used at its highest potential.

So I finally found an imposter ditto and since the only iv that matters on this one is hp, i want to get a perfect one. I just wanted to know what the best way to do this was

I don't really want to have to catch it 1000 times and bring it to Mr stat judge each time. could i possibly tell its hp iv while in battle with it? Thanks for any info.

Unfortunately there is no way to tell a Pokemon's IV stat while in battle. And the odds of catching an Impostor Ditto with a perfect HP IV is slim. If it's a Pokemon you're in dire need of then you could try asking for one in the Bulbagarden Global Trade Station.

Mystery gift question...

I have a question. Can you use mystery gift as many times as you want??

So almost everywhere I've read about it says that dittos hp iv is the only IV that matters but I recently found a page that says the opposite. Ditto (B/W) - Smogon University I'm really set on getting catching my imposter ditto Either in shiny form or with 31 hp ivs since well 31 hp iv ditto means perfect ditto when to make anything else perfect you would have to have 31 everything. Am I wasting my time trying to get a 31 HP IV ditto?

So I've been catching Mr imposter ditto over and over again in hopes of catching one that is either shiny or has 31 hp IVs. My question is that does its outside of battle sprite represent wether its shiny or not? Is shinyness determined upon starting battle or will i have to enter/exit the tree many times to see shiny?

Last edited by a moderator:

So almost everywhere I've read about it says that dittos hp iv is the only IV that matters but I recently found a page that says the opposite. Ditto (B/W) - Smogon University I'm really set on getting catching my imposter ditto Either in shiny form or with 31 hp ivs since well 31 hp iv ditto means perfect ditto when to make anything else perfect you would have to have 31 everything. Am I wasting my time trying to get a 31 HP IV ditto?
No you're not wasting your time, but it can be extemely hard to find. You likely will have to catch a lot of Ditto to find one with Flawless HP. Also unfortunately, Hidden Grotto Pokemon are set to never be shiny, meaning you wont be able to get a shiny one at all.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right thread but here's my question anyway:

As far as I know the DS Lite is not region-locked, but the DSi is. Since Pokemon Black and White are "DSi enchanced" games will I be able to play an American Pokemon White on an European DSi? I suppose there will be no problem but I'm not sure.

P.S.: What DSi features do Black and White use?

Last edited:
Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I´m back! As I was battling the fourth gym leader I realized that soon I will be getting the HM fly (according to what people in that town said) and I guess I'm giving it to my Staravia, so far Bibarel has the HM's Cut, Strenght and Rock Slide, however I don't want to spread all the HM´s that I will receive in the future. What's the best combination to have for HM's? I´m guessing Bibarel (since it can learn up to four) and some other pokemon, but any combination of pokemon available to the point of the game that I´m in will be appreciated, again I´m on Pokemon DIamond. Thanks!

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I´m back! As I was battling the fourth gym leader I realized that soon I will be getting the HM fly (according to what people in that town said) and I guess I'm giving it to my Staravia, so far Bibarel has the HM's Cut, Strenght and Rock Slide, however I don't want to spread all the HM´s that I will receive in the future. What's the best combination to have for HM's? I´m guessing Bibarel (since it can learn up to four) and some other pokemon, but any combination of pokemon available to the point of the game that I´m in will be appreciated, again I´m on Pokemon DIamond. Thanks!

I think the HM moves that are required to advance through the story in DPPt are Surf, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Strength, and Waterfall.

I always put Rock Smash, Rock Climb, and Strength on an Onix, Surf and Waterfall on the water-type member of my team, and Fly on the flying-type member of my team. The only downside was that I had to switch out one of my main team for Onix in some of the later parts of the game, such as Victory Road.

Does anyone know if the Gamestop Meloetta can be downloaded to B/W? I just tried it today on my White cartridge and it wasn't picking it up at all (via wireless). Serebii's event database says it's for B/W as well as B2/W2, but according to Bulbapedia, it's only for B2/W2.

Or maybe there's something wrong my my 3DS's wifi settings?

I posted this in the Meloetta topic but I figured maybe I'm more likely to get an answer here.

So, about those Challenge Medals... if I take on the E4 with a level 100 Reuniclus, will I get the Challenge Medal for using one party Pokemon, as well as the Challenge Medal for using only Psychic types?

So, about those Challenge Medals... if I take on the E4 with a level 100 Reuniclus, will I get the Challenge Medal for using one party Pokemon, as well as the Challenge Medal for using only Psychic types?

Should work. My Lv. 100 Feraligatr got me both the solo medal and the Water-type team medals.

(And nice choice with Reuniclus, too!) :D

Migrating in Black and White 1

I did not post in the simple thread because I need help with the migrating process from White Forest into my Black City. I need to migrate everyone from my White Forest but the problem is no one want to migrate when I talk to the dudes in the Grey side. I have 10 dudes in Black City but when I engage a conversation they want to battle instead and they will not migrate. Right now I have 9 dudes showing in the grey side in White Forest and in Black City Britney is the only one visible. I don't know what their values are set at. I have been checking without saving but I don't know if points are still added when I do this. I have been trying to migrate for nearly 2 weeks and still no one has moved. I have done about 70 missions and a few feelings checks last week but I am not sure if those have any impact on their values though. I am not sure how high the values can be or if checking without saving still adds points anyway. If someone knows how to do this please post here or PM/VM me. Thanks XD. Oh Aron and Shinx are the only Pokemon in White Forest right now XD.:)

EV training question

Game: Pokémon Platinum
Situation: Had two Azumarill lay an egg. In comes Marill, raised it to level 18, Attack stat seemed low (13)
Solution: Wanted to try out some EV training, so I went to battle a boatload of Shinx in a row. Leveled up, only +1 in attack, when I calculated it should have been +5
Question: what happened? How to fix, plox.

Re: EV training question

Shinx gives 1 EV atk.

You wont see much difference between 252 EV and 0 EV Attack on a lvl 18 Marill.

attack of 13 is between 16-21 IV
Add in 252 atp EV training you'd have around 23 atk

So unless you have killed hundreds of Shinx you wouldnt see much difference.

Re: EV training question

What Codface said. If you really want to boost up your EV training, I recommend getting a Power Bracer. That way, you're guaranteed to get at least 4EV in your attack stat per battle, regardless of what you fight.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Hey everybody!
I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I have tried searching for the answer to my question but am unable to find it.

I know that I can post in the GTS on the forum for Pokemon I am looking for, however my question is GTS game related.

How do I populate information to request certain Pokemon over the GTS?

For instance, I'd love to deposit a Pokemon and request a Squirtle. How do I do that??

Do I have to have its information in my Pokedex first?

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Hey everybody!
I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I have tried searching for the answer to my question but am unable to find it.

I know that I can post in the GTS on the forum for Pokemon I am looking for, however my question is GTS game related.

How do I populate information to request certain Pokemon over the GTS?

For instance, I'd love to deposit a Pokemon and request a Squirtle. How do I do that??

Do I have to have its information in my Pokedex first?

Yes, undortunately. You can not request a Pokemon through the GTS if you have not first seen the Pokemon in-game; battles with friends over Wi-Fi don't record Pokemon in your Pokedex.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom