• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Pros and Cons of stopping evolution.

Yeah I know that part XD. I don't know what each trainers values are though. I heard that if you change the clock at any time you can actually lock the areas and the only way to unlock them is to wait several days to let the areas reset. How do we know what their maximum values can be? If we can find out what they can be then I will know exactly how long to wait XD.:)

Unfortunately, I don't believe there's a way to know a trainer's current value, so you just need to keep checking back every once in a while to see if they've left. As for the maximum value, I am not aware of one myself, but I'd assume it couldn't be any higher than 255 for the sake of coding. They may have even set it to a lower number like 100, but I am not sure.

What are the pros and cons of not letting your Pokemon evolve? I heard at one point that they level faster at a lower evolutionary stage. What have you heard? Specifically in reference to Pokemon White

The main advantage to not evolving Pokémon is that lower evolutionary stages learn some moves faster than their evolutions (for example, Snivy learns Leaf Storm at Lv. 43, while Servine learns it at Lv. 52 and Serperior doesn't learn it until Lv. 62). There are also some moves that only the lower evolutions will learn by level up (this is especially true in evolutions involving evolutionary stones, or evolutions which change a Pokemon's types).

A few other Pokémon are viewed as useful competitively in a lower evolutionary stage, especially in tandem with the item Eviolite (Porygon2, for example, is a much better tank than PorygonZ).

Other than those two things, though, I don't believe there are any other big advantages to evolving a Pokémon later. Evolution doesn't affect experience rates or EV training.

So if it is 100 I need to wait 20 days or so before I even enter those areas? If it is 255 then I need to wait around 50 days before I enter? So around 20 to 50 days before I can migrate? My first day was Sunday XD so around April 10 10 May 25 or something like that? I will check in 3 ish weeks if the values are that high XD.:)

Did anyone see my post? Does this mean I have to wait this many days before I can migrate? Thanks XD.:)

So if it is 100 I need to wait 20 days or so before I even enter those areas? If it is 255 then I need to wait around 50 days before I enter? So around 20 to 50 days before I can migrate? My first day was Sunday XD so around April 10 10 May 25 or something like that? I will check in 3 ish weeks if the values are that high XD.:)

If I remember correctly, the value the trainers need to be at when they leave is either 30 or 70, depending on the trainer, so they should leave a bit earlier than that.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

All right, so I've been trying to get the Rail Enthusiast Medal for over a month now, and I've yet to see every train in Anville Town. Looking at the wiki page for Anville Town, I notice the one I'm missing is Train 11, the one that runs in the future. I've literally been at this for over a month, and I've seen every other train there at least 2 or 3 times but never Train 11. Is there some other condition that causes this one to appear, or am I just unlucky?

All right, so I've been trying to get the Rail Enthusiast Medal for over a month now, and I've yet to see every train in Anville Town. Looking at the wiki page for Anville Town, I notice the one I'm missing is Train 11, the one that runs in the future. I've literally been at this for over a month, and I've seen every other train there at least 2 or 3 times but never Train 11. Is there some other condition that causes this one to appear, or am I just unlucky?

I think, so far, you've just been unlucky. This helped me get the medal. Any use to you at all?

I think, so far, you've just been unlucky. This helped me get the medal. Any use to you at all?

So it's based on set dates then? That kind of sucks, I wish I knew how it was determined. I guess the only solution, then, is to switch the clock and go back for it.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

If I battle Cal in the Trainer House in Viridian City in HG/SS, will I get 'seen' dex entries for Typhlosion and Feraligatr?

If I remember correctly, the value the trainers need to be at when they leave is either 30 or 70, depending on the trainer, so they should leave a bit earlier than that.

So I need to wait a full 2 weeks without entering at all then? That will be minus 70 points XD. What do I do if nothing has changed?:)

When EV Training does it go something like this?

I have my Servine i've had through the story, I've pokechecked it and want to change its EVs, when I use the EV reduction berries and boost them to the correct EV counts, will the stats update in real time or in the next level up?

The point is, does changing EVs change stats, or does the next level stack on to what the previous EV set gave you?

To the best of my knowledge, the stats only change in 'real time' if your Servine is at Lv. 100; other than that it'll just reduce the EV points invested and you'll have to level up for the new stats to take effect.

Nope!, the stats get updated at real time, you don't even need a battle to recalculate the EVs.

Oh! So like, if I EV trained a level 100 pokemon, would the EV training take effect and change the stats after a day or two? Cuz the only way I heard for the EV training effects to show on a level 100 pokemon was to put it in the PC box and pull it out again.

When EV Training does it go something like this?

I have my Servine i've had through the story, I've pokechecked it and want to change its EVs, when I use the EV reduction berries and boost them to the correct EV counts, will the stats update in real time or in the next level up?

The point is, does changing EVs change stats, or does the next level stack on to what the previous EV set gave you?

To the best of my knowledge, the stats only change in 'real time' if your Servine is at Lv. 100; other than that it'll just reduce the EV points invested and you'll have to level up for the new stats to take effect.

Nope!, the stats get updated at real time, you don't even need a battle to recalculate the EVs.

Oh! So like, if I EV trained a level 100 pokemon, would the EV training take effect and change the stats after a day or two? Cuz the only way I heard for the EV training effects to show on a level 100 pokemon was to put it in the PC box and pull it out again.

It happens instantaneously. That old PC trick only applied for Gen 4 and below.

So I need to wait a full 2 weeks without entering at all then? That will be minus 70 points XD. What do I do if nothing has changed?:)

Sounds about right. If nothing has changed, I don't really know what to say. You could wait another few weeks and try again, maybe. But at least something should have changed after that.

Ok I will try around the 4th of April. Does playing the games for the daily events delay the wait time even though I haven't entered the areas since last Wednesday? That was the last time I checked.:) Thanks XD.:)

Ok I will try around the 4th of April. Does playing the games for the daily events delay the wait time even though I haven't entered the areas since last Wednesday? That was the last time I checked.:) Thanks XD.:)

You can play the game as much as you want, and as long as you don't enter Black City/White Forest itself, the counter will still go down 5 each day.

I have a good friend in Scotland who, after I defeated in link battles twice, wants to team up together on the Battle Subway using his White version and my Black 2 version.

A.) Is such a thing possible, and B.) If A is yes, then which train would we have to use?

I have a good friend in Scotland who, after I defeated in link battles twice, wants to team up together on the Battle Subway using his White version and my Black 2 version.

A.) Is such a thing possible, and B.) If A is yes, then which train would we have to use?
Yes, you may use the Battle Subway with wi-fi. You need to use the Wi-Fi train( the blue line, I believe)

Ah ok. Cool. Thanks XD I will check around April 4th or so. Thanks XD.:)

I read that it only works via wireless, rather than Wi-Fi, but I'm hoping it can be done over the internet so I can tag battle with my fiancé while she's in the US. Did it work?

Wi-fi doesn't allow tag battles iirc. I tried it with @Mintaka; once, and we discovered the wi-fi train only submits your pokemon team to a certain wagon number, not tag team.... or we did something wrong?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom