• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I just played through PMD: Gates to Infinity and was just wondering if there's a post-game story like last time. My favorite part of the PMD series is the story itself and I'd much rather play through more story than just gaming.

I just played through PMD: Gates to Infinity and was just wondering if there's a post-game story like last time. My favorite part of the PMD series is the story itself and I'd much rather play through more story than just gaming.

I know there's at least some post-game activities, since there are some important ones that let you recruit some special Pokémon. I don't know how extensive it is, though.

do you need a tornadus or a landorus with your ot to catch landrous

Last edited:

Does anyone know where I can find the TM for Flash Cannon in Black 2? Is it in a place I can only access in Winter?

Does anyone know where I can find the TM for Flash Cannon in Black 2? Is it in a place I can only access in Winter?
Bulbapedia says Twist Mountain. It states that it is in the lowest cave there, east of Ice Rock.

Ehh... in Black 2 the page says it's west of Nurse Carol, but I'll give it a look around. Thanks, Ninfia.

According to Bulbapedia, it's in the middle of Twist Mountain, west of the nurse.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, since it's about the new PMD game, but I couldn't find a proper thread other than the GD thread about it, so... yeah.

My Wife & I both Gates to Infinity so that we can 'rescue' each other in case we get whacked in a dungeon,since next to nobody around here plays Pokemon (let alone a side-game). Thanks to a miscalculation in an early dungeon, I made the mistake of not letting a sleeping Klang lie and got Gear-Ground to death. I was revived by Street Pass (from my Wife's game), and sought it out for a rematch, since I honestly thought the first time was a fluke (since it kept saying that my attack didn't do any DMG to the Klang), and that beating it would net some kind of reward. Long story short, no, I didn't beat it, and I'm pretty sure it can't BE beat.

Anyway, both defeats happened within about 15 minutes of each other, and Street Pass didn't work the second time. She had Reviver Seeds in her post box, but no dice. Is there a minimum time that has to pass between rescues from the same 3DS?

Again, sorry if this isn't the right place for this question.

Question also concerning the game PMD: Gates to Infinity. I was playing the Beartic Slide and saw an item titled "Heart of the Moon." You needed the highest score to get it, and, being it was so cute and taunting me, I worked until I got it. Then the description threw me for a loop. It's an evolution item. Description quote: "It makes some Pokemon evolve when used."

I've been Googling but cannot seem to find what Pokemon it evolves. Can anyone tell me what Pokemon it is for? I have some assumptions, but don't want to throw them out there and look silly if it is something really in-your-face.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Not sure if this should go here...
So recently I bought a copy of Silver from one of my friends. The problem is when I save the game, every time I turn the game back on my save is gone. Anybody know why this happens and/or maybe a solution?

Not sure if this should go here...
So recently I bought a copy of Silver from one of my friends. The problem is when I save the game, every time I turn the game back on my save is gone. Anybody know why this happens and/or maybe a solution?
It may be because the internal battery is dead. When the battery is dead, the game will no longer be able to hold a save file.

Oh, ok. Darn. Oh well, thanks.

You can manually replace the battery though by unscrewing the cart (it takes a star bit iirc), and carefully replacing the circle battery out for a CR2025 lithium cell battery which you can find at any Wal*Mart. You can find how-to guides all over the net for specifics on how to avoid creating static electricity on the motherboard etc.

Hey all ^.^

So, recently I've been trying my hand at EV training, playing with two teams in my HeartGold game (an ATK team and an SP.ATK team to start with). So, I've been training just south of Ecruteak City, against Growlithe and Stantler with my ATK team, fighting only those two Pokémon with the Pokémon I'm training holding the Power Bracer to really boost the Stat. gain. It's all really been a lot simpler to grasp than I thought once actually doing it, however there is one thing that happened that is confusing to me:

So, I was raising my Arbok, who as an Adamant Nature, holding the Power Bracer, fighting Stantler and Growlithe. From levels 25 up to 28 I saw some pretty huge boosts to the ATK Stat. even going up as high as +9. However, at levels 29 and 30, his ATK Stat. only went up by +2 and then +3 respectively. What happened there? Is there some kind of cap on the Stat. gain? Or is it because of the low levels of the Pokémon I'm fighting?

Thanks so much in advance ^.^

Hey all ^.^

So, recently I've been trying my hand at EV training, playing with two teams in my HeartGold game (an ATK team and an SP.ATK team to start with). So, I've been training just south of Ecruteak City, against Growlithe and Stantler with my ATK team, fighting only those two Pokémon with the Pokémon I'm training holding the Power Bracer to really boost the Stat. gain. It's all really been a lot simpler to grasp than I thought once actually doing it, however there is one thing that happened that is confusing to me:

So, I was raising my Arbok, who as an Adamant Nature, holding the Power Bracer, fighting Stantler and Growlithe. From levels 25 up to 28 I saw some pretty huge boosts to the ATK Stat. even going up as high as +9. However, at levels 29 and 30, his ATK Stat. only went up by +2 and then +3 respectively. What happened there? Is there some kind of cap on the Stat. gain? Or is it because of the low levels of the Pokémon I'm fighting?

Thanks so much in advance ^.^
Well a Pokemon can only get 252 EVs max in a stat, so it's possible you maxed out that stat. Power Items will give 4 EVs to the stat regardless of what you are fighting.

Question also concerning the game PMD: Gates to Infinity. I was playing the Beartic Slide and saw an item titled "Heart of the Moon." You needed the highest score to get it, and, being it was so cute and taunting me, I worked until I got it. Then the description threw me for a loop. It's an evolution item. Description quote: "It makes some Pokemon evolve when used."

I've been Googling but cannot seem to find what Pokemon it evolves. Can anyone tell me what Pokemon it is for? I have some assumptions, but don't want to throw them out there and look silly if it is something really in-your-face.

Judging by the name "Moon"

1. It's probably for pokemon that evolve at night. I dunno if there are Lunar Ribbons in Gates to Infinity for that, though. If there are no Lunar Ribbons, then I guess this is most highly likely. This would include Chingling, Gligar, Sneasel, and Umbreon. The description said it makes SOME pokemon evolve, so this would be the best bet.

2. Pokemon from outer space. But Clefairy already has the Moon Stone, and Elgyem doesn't need any items.

There really aren't any info on that, and I tried making my guess based on pokemon types and features. Hope this helps

Last edited:

Not that I want to, but I'm just wondering...

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, you know how there is an option to delete your save data? Well, if you press it does it ask you if you want to delete your save data then if you press yes does it ask you "Are you sure?"

I'm asking because I want to know if I ever I'm absentminded and accidentally click on it that I have the option to say "no" and the game makes sure that I'm 100% wanting to delete my data, you know what I mean?

Something that is bothering me is that I'm trying to max out EV's in certain stats, but I'm not 100% sure if a specific stat is maxed. For example, Bianca tells me that my Garchomp "seems like it can work a little harder. But I think it worked hard on its Attack!"

Does that mean it's maxed?

Something that is bothering me is that I'm trying to max out EV's in certain stats, but I'm not 100% sure if a specific stat is maxed. For example, Bianca tells me that my Garchomp "seems like it can work a little harder. But I think it worked hard on its Attack!"

Does that mean it's maxed?

That means it can still earn more EV's but its Attack stat has maxed out.

• "Seems like it can work a little harder." = Pokémon can still earn more EV's.
  • "It has worked really hard hasn't it?" = Pokémon can't earn any more EV's.
  • "I think it has worked particularly hard on its [stat]!" = Pokémon has reached the maximum of 252 EV's in a certain stat.

Hope that helps.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom