• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Pokemon White or Black 2?

I think that B2/W2 are worth checking out. While the storyline wasn't as good as it was in B/W, I thought it was pretty enjoyable for the most part still and a decent sequel. The post-storyline content is far better than what B/W had and it does expand Unova a bit so it didn't feel as small as it did in the first games. So, I think that the games are worth checking out.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

What causes this to happen?

tumblr_mbo84vm5DE1qfm9zv.gif

I had released every pokemon in my PC & party to test this out, and a single Relicanth (that I had only ever used to activate the Regis puzzle) and a Rayquaza (that I had been using to just fly me everywhere) were the only two pokemon I owned that just flat out refuse to be released. What in their data makes them "bond" to you in this way? I've never seen this brought up before and I'm really curious.

I had released every pokemon in my PC & party to test this out, and a single Relicanth (that I had only ever used to activate the Regis puzzle) and a Rayquaza (that I had been using to just fly me everywhere) were the only two pokemon I owned that just flat out refuse to be released. What in their data makes them "bond" to you in this way? I've never seen this brought up before and I'm really curious.

Might it be because they know Surf and/or Fly and if you release them you are stuck in your location? Other than that, high friendship maybe?

Because they are the only pokemon that know a certain HM move, it doesn't let you release them incase you end up getting stuck somewhere. For example you could be on an island with no surf or fly, no pokemon that can learn surf or fly, and no way of catching a pokemon that knows surf or fly (let's say you skipped the fishing rods)

Might it be because they know Surf and/or Fly and if you release them you are stuck in your location? Other than that, high friendship maybe?

Because they are the only pokemon that know a certain HM move, it doesn't let you release them incase you end up getting stuck somewhere. For example you could be on an island with no surf or fly, no pokemon that can learn surf or fly, and no way of catching a pokemon that knows surf or fly (let's say you skipped the fishing rods)

Hmm..I hadn't thought of that. Suppose it's the most logical thing ^^;; Thanks you two~

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right thread but here's my question anyway:

As far as I know the DS Lite is not region-locked, but the DSi is. Since Pokemon Black and White are "DSi enchanced" games will I be able to play an American Pokemon White on an European DSi? I suppose there will be no problem but I'm not sure.

P.S.: What DSi features do Black and White use?

Could you please answer this. There a great offer for a brand new DSi (50% off), but I'm not sure if I will be able to play US cartridges (I have a few) on it.

As far as I know the DS Lite is not region-locked, but the DSi is. Since Pokemon Black and White are "DSi enchanced" games will I be able to play an American Pokemon White on an European DSi? I suppose there will be no problem but I'm not sure.

Since the two games are not actually DSi cartridges, then they should be able to work on any DS handheld. As for DSi enhanced features, BW does not really have any note-worthy. It utilizes the DSi's improved wifi settings, but other than that, nothing really more.

Now, I have a couple of questions of my own, about PMD: Gates to Infinity,

One, when are pigment materials unlocked in the request board? I unlocked the ability to paint my facilities, but I still can't search for pigments in the request board.

Two, what is the maximum level when upgrading moves? One of my moves is already at level 4, and I'm wondering how much longer it will take until it's maxed out. Thanks.

Could you please answer this. There a great offer for a brand new DSi (50% off), but I'm not sure if I will be able to play US cartridges (I have a few) on it.

I think that they are region locked, so I'm sorry to say no, you wont be able to.
There was a question on yahoo answers like this http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110215122534AAj9J8L](Clicky) A normal DS game should work fine though.

But hey, 50% off for brand new? I would personally still do that! :)

Are all tourneys doubles?

So are all wifi competitions these days double battles? I'd like to do one but I'm not ready for doubles.

Re: Are all tourneys doubles?

So are all wifi competitions these days double battles? I'd like to do one but I'm not ready for doubles.
Yes, most Wi-Fi competitions are double battles. The Pokémon World Championship Qualifiers and Finals are flat double battles so the Wi-Fi competitions are good ways to practice for them. Also many moves and abilities are more useful in double battles than single battles such as Heal Pulse or Helping Hand, a combination of Earthquake and the ability Levitate, a combination of the the ability Drought and a Grass type Pokémon using SolarBeam or a combination of Drizzle and the abilities Swift Swim or Rain Dish or the moves Thunder or Hurricane.

In Join Avenue, you know how the people have different groups and sell different stuff and serveses depending on what group they are in? Well, for the real people who visit your Avenue, per say, like through Dream World, does the group they are in depend on what game they have? For example maybe a person who has Pokemon Black Version is in group B?

In Join Avenue, you know how the people have different groups and sell different stuff and services depending on what group they are in? Well, for the real people who visit your Avenue, per say, like through Dream World, does the group they are in depend on what game they have? For example maybe a person who has Pokemon Black Version is in group B?

I believe that is correct. Serebii has a list of what games cause what variation of shop (listed at the top of each shop listing here), and while I don't know how accurate it is (I never had the chance to connect with other people's games to verify), it seems fairly reliable.

In Join Avenue, you know how the people have different groups and sell different stuff and serveses depending on what group they are in? Well, for the real people who visit your Avenue, per say, like through Dream World, does the group they are in depend on what game they have? For example maybe a person who has Pokemon Black Version is in group B?

In Join Avenue, you know how the people have different groups and sell different stuff and services depending on what group they are in? Well, for the real people who visit your Avenue, per say, like through Dream World, does the group they are in depend on what game they have? For example maybe a person who has Pokemon Black Version is in group B?

I believe that is correct. Serebii has a list of what games cause what variation of shop (listed at the top of each shop listing here), and while I don't know how accurate it is (I never had the chance to connect with other people's games to verify), it seems fairly reliable.

Psst, Bulbapedia has it's own list too ;)

Psst, Bulbapedia has it's own list too ;)

True, but Bulbapedia's list does not seem to have the shop variations tied to the games the shop owners originate from. If that is how it works (again, can't verify it myself), we should edit it in somewhere.

It does have it for the NPC shop owners, though, so that's a plus.

I just got Pokemon Black 2? Can anyone provide me with background from Black or White? I have played all the other games, and have preordered Pokemon X. I have no intentions of playing Black or White, so I don't care about spoilers from THAT game. Don't spoil anything from Black 2, please.

Hi, so I fixed 3 Pokemon games (Yellow, Blue, Red) and changed the batterie and used electric tape. put the screw back in etc. Yellow has worked fine this whole time ( nearly a year.) Blue and Red have re-set though even though I fixed it with the same type of batterie (brand new) what can I do to make sure it doesn't reset again? it's annoying.

I just got Pokemon Black 2? Can anyone provide me with background from Black or White? I have played all the other games, and have preordered Pokemon X. I have no intentions of playing Black or White, so I don't care about spoilers from THAT game. Don't spoil anything from Black 2, please.

Are you sure? BW has a much better storyline than B2W2...well, check out N's profile page here http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/N and read his backstory. That's all that pretty much happens in BW. But there are so many elements that go hand-in-hand that it's really recommended that you play BW before B2W2 if you're trying to see the story.

Are you sure? BW has a much better storyline than B2W2...well, check out N's profile page here N - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia and read his backstory. That's all that pretty much happens in BW. But there are so many elements that go hand-in-hand that it's really recommended that you play BW before B2W2 if you're trying to see the story.

I might. I'm seeing my cousin this weekend, so I'll see if he'll let me borrow his White. The GameStop I went to only had B2W2 in stock, so I got that. Thanks, though. I haven't started it yet, as I'm finishing a Nuzlocke in HeartGold, so I'll wait till I can play White.

Re: Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity nintendo club code! please help!

If you are not using your 16 digit nintendo club code that came with the game, will u please PM it to me? I recently purchased a new 3DS XL so i would qualify for a bonus game if i get the code. I would appreciate it very much.
Do you mean that you got the game already installed in the 3DS XL when you bought the console? You should still be able to claim the Club Nintendo points on the official Nintendo website. I got to claim the Club Nintendo points for Luigi's Mansion 2 when I downloaded it from the Nintendo eShop during early April.

Are you sure? BW has a much better storyline than B2W2...well, check out N's profile page here N - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia and read his backstory. That's all that pretty much happens in BW. But there are so many elements that go hand-in-hand that it's really recommended that you play BW before B2W2 if you're trying to see the story.

I might. I'm seeing my cousin this weekend, so I'll see if he'll let me borrow his White. The GameStop I went to only had B2W2 in stock, so I got that. Thanks, though. I haven't started it yet, as I'm finishing a Nuzlocke in HeartGold, so I'll wait till I can play White.

That, and remember that the two games are connected. After clearing White, you can use Memory Link to trigger special events in B2W2.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom