• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Does Haze affect Pokemon with Speed Boost ability?

My friend has a Sharpedo with Speed Boost ability and he likes to stall with Protect and after a couple turns, his Sharpedo can out-speed my entire team. I was wondering if I used Haze, would it remove his speed boosts?

Yes, it would.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

My friend has a Sharpedo with Speed Boost ability and he likes to stall with Protect and after a couple turns, his Sharpedo can out-speed my entire team. I was wondering if I used Haze, would it remove his speed boosts?

Yes, it would.

Holy LOLZ!! I didn't know that!! Thanks!!

I have a question. :3
If I were to transfer a Pokemon from Soulsilver/Heartgold that has found a shiny leaf to Black 2, would it still show it has a shiny leaf, or no? I'm just wondering because my Kyogre on Soulsilver has a shiny leaf found, and I want to transfer her, but I won't if her special shiny leaf status won't show. ;.; (I know, that sounds lame, but hey, that's just how I am. xD.)
Sorry if this question has been asked before. D:

I'd like that someone explains this to me...

Bulbapedia said:
From Pokémon Platinum on, the baby will inherit three IVs, each from a different stat and from a random parent. In addition, a new mechanic was added to breeding, where if either or both parents holds an EV item, instead, the baby will receive the IV of the corresponding stat from one of those parents and the baby will then inherit two other different random IVs, each from a random parent. For example, if a parent is holding the Power Anklet, the baby will inherit a Speed IV from that parent, and it will also inherit two other different IVs from its parents, for example, Attack and Special Defense. As another example, if one parent holds a Power Anklet and the other parent holds a Power Weight, the baby will inherit either a Speed IV from the first parent or an HP IV from the second parent, and it will also inherit two different IVs from its parents other than Speed or HP. This system is retained in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

So, I've had a Metang with 31 IVs in Defense and a Ditto with 31 IVs in Attack breeding to NOW understand that the newborn Beldum will only get EITHER 31 IVs in Attack OR Defense and not 31 IVs in both of those stats????

I'd like that someone explains this to me...

Bulbapedia said:
From Pokémon Platinum on, the baby will inherit three IVs, each from a different stat and from a random parent. In addition, a new mechanic was added to breeding, where if either or both parents holds an EV item, instead, the baby will receive the IV of the corresponding stat from one of those parents and the baby will then inherit two other different random IVs, each from a random parent. For example, if a parent is holding the Power Anklet, the baby will inherit a Speed IV from that parent, and it will also inherit two other different IVs from its parents, for example, Attack and Special Defense. As another example, if one parent holds a Power Anklet and the other parent holds a Power Weight, the baby will inherit either a Speed IV from the first parent or an HP IV from the second parent, and it will also inherit two different IVs from its parents other than Speed or HP. This system is retained in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

So, I've had a Metang with 31 IVs in Defense and a Ditto with 31 IVs in Attack breeding to NOW understand that the newborn Beldum will only get EITHER 31 IVs in Attack OR Defense and not 31 IVs in both of those stats????

If the parents are both holding power items, the baby will get one or the other. Not both. And yep, that sucks, and yep, I too spent hours wondering why the babies of my breeding project weren't hatching with both IVs xD What works better for me is just to equip one parent with a power item, and the other parent with an everstone, and then just wait until you get a baby with both IVs AND a good nature. It will happen eventually, you just can't force it sadly.

My question: for the past few years I've been using my ds lite and an old spare silver ds to trade between all my 4th and 5th gen games. I recently got a 3ds XL, and now also 3ds as a spare for when xy come out. My question is this - is it ok to sell my old spare ds silver now? I should be able to trade between my ds lite and either of my 3ds consoles, right, and my ds lite can still read 3rd gen games, so I don't need the silver one anymore do I? I'm just double-checking in case there's something stupidly obvious I'm missing about connectivity issues. Thanks!

My question: for the past few years I've been using my ds lite and an old spare silver ds to trade between all my 4th and 5th gen games. I recently got a 3ds XL, and now also 3ds as a spare for when xy come out. My question is this - is it ok to sell my old spare ds silver now? I should be able to trade between my ds lite and either of my 3ds consoles, right, and my ds lite can still read 3rd gen games, so I don't need the silver one anymore do I? I'm just double-checking in case there's something stupidly obvious I'm missing about connectivity issues. Thanks!

You should be fine. The only thing I can think of is that, if you connected to the WFC using that DS with any of your games, it would have connected them as a set so that it could keep memory of your WFC interactions. But even that isn't a big deal; it would just make a new set the next time you connected with a new DS.

You should be fine. The only thing I can think of is that, if you connected to the WFC using that DS with any of your games, it would have connected them as a set so that it could keep memory of your WFC interactions. But even that isn't a big deal; it would just make a new set the next time you connected with a new DS.

That's great, thanks. And nope I never used that one to connect to WFC, only ever my ds lite :) One last thing to check - I can transfer pokes from 4th gen to 5th gen using a ds lite and 3ds, right? It just popped into my head that I have no idea where 'ds download play' is on the 3ds menu and now I've confused myself o__O

That's great, thanks. And nope I never used that one to connect to WFC, only ever my ds lite :) One last thing to check - I can transfer pokes from 4th gen to 5th gen using a ds lite and 3ds, right? It just popped into my head that I have no idea where 'ds download play' is on the 3ds menu and now I've confused myself o__O

Yep! The DS Download Play button is a white DS and wireless signal on an orange background, and should be fairly close to the start of the menu unless you've done a lot of switching stuff around. Just select to receive data from a regular DS game, and the games will connect.

I have Black 2, White 2 and a 3DS with Pokémon Dream Radar. Is there any way for me to obtain the Reveal Glass in both Black 2 and White 2? I have thought about restarting Pokémon Dream Radar after catching Therian Forme Landorus but I can't see a new game or erase data option in Pokémon Dream Radar.

I dont think you can get it for both games. I think you'd need to delete Dream Radar from your 3DS and redownload it unfortunately because the Therian formes can only be obtained once per save file on Dream Radar.

I have 2 3DS systems, and White 2 & Black 2. Is is true that I could video chat between them using Xtransceiver over the internet? Would this require friend codes?

Just looking for an alternative to Skype with my family when I take a weekend away as we don't have a webcam at home. Thanks!

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I was going to make a thread for this, but I decided not to and decided to ask it here.
But how come Darkrai doesn't learn ANY moves relating to the Moon and such? That kind of makes me disappointed about Darkrai, because he IS the controller of the Newmoon, right? So how come he doesn't learn any Lunar moves like Cresselia? I'm not expecting anybody to know this, just curious. :)
Thanks for any answers!
-Jenna, a.k.a Darktina.

I was going to make a thread for this, but I decided not to and decided to ask it here.
But how come Darkrai doesn't learn ANY moves relating to the Moon and such? That kind of makes me disappointed about Darkrai, because he IS the controller of the Newmoon, right? So how come he doesn't learn any Lunar moves like Cresselia? I'm not expecting anybody to know this, just curious. :)
Thanks for any answers!
-Jenna, a.k.a Darktina.

Neither Darkrai nor Cresselia can actually control the moon. Perhaps you're thinking of Newmoon Island, where Darkrai resides.

Thanks for any answers!
-Jenna, a.k.a Darktina.

Neither Darkrai nor Cresselia can actually control the moon. Perhaps you're thinking of Newmoon Island, where Darkrai resides.
...Oh my god I just looked it up on Bulbagarden and I am an idiot...>.> I ACTUALLY thought they controlled the moons and stuff, lol! Whoops. Thanks for correcting me on that... I feel so embarrassed now...:sweatlol: :embarass:

Thanks for any answers!
-Jenna, a.k.a Darktina.

...Oh my god I just looked it up on Bulbagarden and I am an idiot...>.> I ACTUALLY thought they controlled the moons and stuff, lol! Whoops. Thanks for correcting me on that... I feel so embarrassed now...:sweatlol: :embarass:

x3...

Asking question...
How come Giratina is sooo hard to catch with Ultra Balls and Timer Balls, and then you can just catch it with a Dusk Ball? Dusk Balls are good for Giratina, yes, but I always thought that it'd be as hard to catch it with an Ultra Ball as a Dusk Ball. =P

To further explain, dusk balls have a capture rate of 3.5x in a cave/night while ultra balls only have a capture rate of 2x. Pretty big difference.

Okay, so I've been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, and I'm trying to get materials so Gurdurr and his apprentices can upgrade some facilities I have. I've gotten all the materials except for one... Err, two. Two pieces of Heavy Lumber.

Where in the world can I get some!

I dont think you can get it for both games. I think you'd need to delete Dream Radar from your 3DS and redownload it unfortunately because the Therian formes can only be obtained once per save file on Dream Radar.

Will using a different SD card work?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom