• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Okay, so I've been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, and I'm trying to get materials so Gurdurr and his apprentices can upgrade some facilities I have. I've gotten all the materials except for one... Err, two. Two pieces of Heavy Lumber.

Where in the world can I get some!

You get them from doing jobs in dungeons. You're prolly not far enough along in either the story or paradise rank to unlock the second tier building materials as rewards for board jobs. Just keep raising your rank (or advance the story, not sure which) and you'll eventually see them show up on the board.

(For me I didn't start seeing them listed until i was somewhere in Platinum or Diamond rank. Plot-wise, I was also still before going out to the Great Glacier for the 1st time)

Quick question. If a Pokémon with Shadow Tag is in a Double or Triple Battle, and switches out in a turn, will the opponent be able to switch out in the same turn if they predicted the switch?

EDIT: Also, regarding the Pokémon Dream Radar question up above: You should be able to go to Data Management (in the settings) and delete Dream Radar's save data... that, or hold down A-B-X-Y on starting the app. One of those usually works for data erasure.

Quick question. If a Pokémon with Shadow Tag is in a Double or Triple Battle, and switches out in a turn, will the opponent be able to switch out in the same turn if they predicted the switch?

I'm pretty sure the effects of Shadow Tag prevent switching when you're still in the menu, so I don't think you'd be able to even if the opponent with Shadow Tag is switching out.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I finally got a fire red game. The game almost refuses to load (I get that bar-code thing instead of the Nintendo logo when I use it on the GBA) and when it does load it crashes quite easily. It saves fine, however, and the save file is always there. I decided to plug it into my DS and I get a message saying that there is a DS option pack inserted. Should I send back the game or is there a fix to this?

EDIT: By the way, this doesn't happen with any other of the GBA games I have, so I think it is the fire red game itself.

Last edited:

I don't know if this is where I should ask this question, but, in Gates to Infinity, how or where does one find a Thunderstone?

The Beartic Hockey mini game has them randomly. After a 2500 point prize I think there is a higher rate for them appearing as well as other Evolution Stones (that's how long it took me). I know you can get it from the Sunken Treasure mini game too but I have yet to experience that. Also the DLC dungeon Skill Treasury has them.

I finally got a fire red game. The game almost refuses to load (I get that bar-code thing instead of the Nintendo logo when I use it on the GBA) and when it does load it crashes quite easily. It saves fine, however, and the save file is always there. I decided to plug it into my DS and I get a message saying that there is a DS option pack inserted. Should I send back the game or is there a fix to this?

EDIT: By the way, this doesn't happen with any other of the GBA games I have, so I think it is the fire red game itself.

It sounds to me like you don't exactly have a legit cart on your hands. Any chance you can post pix of it?

I don't know if this is where I should ask this question, but, in Gates to Infinity, how or where does one find a Thunderstone?

The Beartic Hockey mini game has them randomly. After a 2500 point prize I think there is a higher rate for them appearing as well as other Evolution Stones (that's how long it took me). I know you can get it from the Sunken Treasure mini game too but I have yet to experience that. Also the DLC dungeon Skill Treasury has them.

Thanks~ :D

The cartridge could just be dirty.

Thanks~ :D

You might also find it helpful to keep an eye on this topic. Helpful wondermail passwords are updated to the 1st post which might help you out on your play through c:

Can the Cobalion found on Route 13 on B2W2 be shiny? I know there's certain legendaries who can't ever be shiny and I'm not sure if Cobalion's one of them. Been resetting for days for it and still no results.

Okay, thank you very much :D I'll have to keep trying...600 resets and counting...

It sounds to me like you don't exactly have a legit cart on your hands. Any chance you can post pix of it?

I'll try to, but the ones that I have taken so far have been really bad quality ;_;

The cartridge could just be dirty.

That's what I thought after around an hour searching on the internet, but after 2 days of testing I am starting to have my doubts.

EDIT: I don't think that these will be any good, but since I am a really bad photographer these might just have to do :(

Attachments

• HPIM3065.JPG
    HPIM3065.JPG
    599.4 KB · Views: 130
  • HPIM3066.JPG
    HPIM3066.JPG
    848 KB · Views: 114
  • HPIM3067.JPG
    HPIM3067.JPG
    616.9 KB · Views: 114
  • HPIM3068.JPG
    HPIM3068.JPG
    562.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I have a question about Friend Codes.

I've read online that if you connect to Wi-Fi using the same cartridge but another DS system, your FC will change. Currently, I have accessed Wi-Fi on my DS with Pokémon White and have a FC. If I went to a friend's house and played my White file using the friend's DS (changing my FC) but then went home and reconnected with my own DS, would the FC be the same as it originally was? Or would it be a completely new number?

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I have a question about Friend Codes.

I've read online that if you connect to Wi-Fi using the same cartridge but another DS system, your FC will change. Currently, I have accessed Wi-Fi on my DS with Pokémon White and have a FC. If I went to a friend's house and played my White file using the friend's DS (changing my FC) but then went home and reconnected with my own DS, would the FC be the same as it originally was? Or would it be a completely new number?
Im fairly sure it will be a completely new number, I think thats how it works.

Im fairly sure it will be a completely new number, I think thats how it works.

Yup that's what it does.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I have a simple question about dream radar I'm not sure if its meant to go here but it is a gen v game

anyway after collecting thundurus how long does it take to unlock landorus is it based on time or dream orbs collected?
I ask because i need it by tomorrow

thanks for any help
regards metagross92

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I have a simple question about dream radar I'm not sure if its meant to go here but it is a gen v game

anyway after collecting thundurus how long does it take to unlock landorus is it based on time or dream orbs collected?
I ask because i need it by tomorrow

thanks for any help
regards metagross92

You require both Thunderous and Tornadorus in your party, and one has to be from your game.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom