• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

You know Pokemon with the Ability Motor Drive can't activate the Cell Battery item? Well, what if a Pokemon with the Ability Mold Breaker comes into play? Can it use an Electric Type attack, and activate the Cell Battery?

I was wondering the same thing. Why aren't the champions also included in the type-masters tournaments? Steven should be in the Steel expert, Lance and Iris in Dragon, Wallace in water?

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

where should i reintroduce myself to everyone? I havent been on in a while and just bought black two and am now readdicted to the game. Not gonna let anyone ruin my fun by hacking massively OP pokemon this time lol.

Just finished Black (1) and have a team of mid 50 pokemon. were is the best place to level up to go face the elite four again who now have level 70 pokemon?

Just finished Black (1) and have a team of mid 50 pokemon. were is the best place to level up to go face the elite four again who now have level 70 pokemon?

You can work your way through the east side of Unova, since the trainers there all have fairly high-level Pokémon. If you want to train up with wild Pokémon, Audino is a great experience boost, and you can find them at high levels depending on where you are (I think the Giant Chasm interior has them at the highest level).

IV Breeding

I'm currently trying to breed myself a Growlithe in Platinum. I have a male with max IVs in Special Attack and Speed holding a Power Anklet breeding with a female with max IVs in Attack and Special Attack holding an Everstone to pass along its nature. However, the male's Speed IV is rarely being passed along despite the Power Anklet. I'm really confused by this. Bulbapedia says the Power item's effect of passing IVs along in breeding is present in Platinum. What is going on?

EV training question...HELP!

Hello everyone! I don't know if this is right section of the forum to post this or not (if it is I'm sorry...I'm new here) I could really use some EV training help.

Right now I'm EV training my Eevee for HP in White 2 and I accidently got into a pokemon battle...my eevee is holding the power HP item. If I switch it and KO the opponent with someone else, how many evs would I get? Or would I not get any at all? I know I'd get some. My opponent is a Drillbur so I assume I'd get 2 (1 EV for KO x 2 for pokerus; my eevee has Pokerus) I'm putting my game on sleep until I can find out the answers lol. I'm an EV noob. Any help would be appreciated!

Right now I'm EV training my Eevee for HP in White 2 and I accidently got into a pokemon battle...my eevee is holding the power HP item. If I switch it and KO the opponent with someone else...

If you're holding a power HP item, the eevee will get ten (1 for Drilbur * 2 for Pokerus = 2 Attack, + 4 for Power item * 2 for Pokérus = 8 HP) and the other Pokémon will get either one or two Attack EVs, depending on whether it has Pokérus. Every Pokémon that takes part in a battle gets a full load of EVs. If you don't want your Pokémon to get those Attack EVs, run away!

So, pokerus. It will spread to an adjacent pokemon if it is in the party after a battle, yes? Are the EVs doubled for that battle where it's initially infected or just all subsequent battles until Pokerus wears off?

It has a chance of spreading— it's best to take a Pokémon through several battles to be sure, though you can tell at a glance on the summary screen if it's got it.
As for the doubled EV gain, it is permanent for the rest of the Pokémon's existence.

I have a question: Suppose you and your opponent are in a rotation battle. Your opponent sends out Groudon. You send out Lickitung. Groudon's Drought will cause permanent sun, but Lickitung's Cloud Nine will block it. The question is, will Cloud Nine still be in force once you rotate to a different Pokémon?

Last edited:

No, I meant in a situation where I'm battling my pokemon, trying to get it to catch the pokerus from another pokemon in my party, say I go through a battle, then I stop and look at my pokemon's status screen and it says that my pokemon now has pokerus. In the battle it just fought did it get double EVs?

^ And in your question, I can't say for certain, but rotating in general isn't the same as switching out, and doesn't, for instance trigger moves like pursuit, so I'm pretty sure just rotating shouldn't cancel out your Cloud Nine. The Groundon would have to switch out and then switch back in for Drought to go into effect again.

Last edited:

Can female Vulpix and Emolga be found in the Dream World?

Cause all I'm finding is males.

If you can find the male versions of a Pokémon which can be both genders such as Vulpix and Emolga you will be able to find the female versions too. You just need to keep trying to find the female versions of those two Pokémon. I also know this because someone on the forums has traded those exact two Pokémon to me before.

If I remember right, the ratio is skewed towards males for any Pokémon with both genders. I think it's a 1-in-8 chance to find females. Not sure if that changes with their regular ratios, but I think that's the default.

If you can find the male versions of a Pokémon which can be both genders such as Vulpix and Emolga you will be able to find the female versions too. You just need to keep trying to find the female versions of those two Pokémon. I also know this because someone on the forums has traded those exact two Pokémon to me before.

Well, I know you can get those as Females in Grottos too
but in the dream world, the genders of Pokemon is determined by the game you play.

I just couldn't remember what all the mini-game/Pokemon correlations were
or whether or not you could play those particular games for these Pokemon.

If I remember right, the ratio is skewed towards males for any Pokémon with both genders. I think it's a 1-in-8 chance to find females. Not sure if that changes with their regular ratios, but I think that's the default.

I believe it's actually 1-in-4.... in the Dream World, that is.

Glitch in Black

Hello everyone. I believe I have discovered a glitch in my Pokemon Black. Now, Audino is supposed to appear more often in rustling grass than Emolga, right. I've found that when I put my Elecrcrel (my Emolga) at the front of my party, it seens like Emolga is suddenly appearing more often than Audino. It's like their appearance rates switched. Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else? If it does, it's possible this could be a glitch. Has anyone had this experience in their Black or White version?

Re: Glitch in Black

Hello everyone. I believe I have discovered a glitch in my Pokemon Black. Now, Audino is supposed to appear more often in rustling grass than Emolga, right. I've found that when I put my Elecrcrel (my Emolga) at the front of my party, it seens like Emolga is suddenly appearing more often than Audino. It's like their appearance rates switched. Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else? If it does, it's possible this could be a glitch. Has anyone had this experience in their Black or White version?

It's not a glitch. It's actually Emolga's ability, Static, that increases the chances of encountering Electric-type Pokemon to 150%.

Alright, I'm kind of confused after what my friend told me about his game. He said that in his Black 2, sometimes he attacks a Pokemon, it loses its health, but the attack animation is never shown. Is this a glitch, or what? If so, is it a game-breaking glitch? His game hasn't broken yet, so we don't exactly know.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom