• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Alright, I'm kind of confused after what my friend told me about his game. He said that in his Black 2, sometimes he attacks a Pokemon, it loses its health, but the attack animation is never shown. Is this a glitch, or what? If so, is it a game-breaking glitch? His game hasn't broken yet, so we don't exactly know.

That would mean your friend turned off "Battle Scene" in options to speed up combat or training. If its doing it automatically, I wouldn't know.

In White, can you breed move tutor moves that were exclusive to Black or B2W2 such as Knock Off?

EDIT: Just tested this.. unfortunately you can't :\

Last edited:

Alright, I'm kind of confused after what my friend told me about his game. He said that in his Black 2, sometimes he attacks a Pokemon, it loses its health, but the attack animation is never shown. Is this a glitch, or what? If so, is it a game-breaking glitch? His game hasn't broken yet, so we don't exactly know.

That would mean your friend turned off "Battle Scene" in options to speed up combat or training. If its doing it automatically, I wouldn't know.

In White, can you breed move tutor moves that were exclusive to Black or B2W2 such as Knock Off?

EDIT: Just tested this.. unfortunately you can't :\

I think only level-up moves, egg moves and TM moves can be passed on through breeding. Move tutor moves won't get passed on unless they fit in any of the other categories.

Can female Vulpix and Emolga be found in the Dream World?

Cause all I'm finding is males.

If I remember right, the ratio is skewed towards males for any Pokémon with both genders. I think it's a 1-in-8 chance to find females. Not sure if that changes with their regular ratios, but I think that's the default.

The ratio is actually 1 in 4 for Pokémon with both genders.

I wasn't sure if this needed it's own thread, so it's here. Right to be point, why is Lance not in this? Type Expert Tournament/Dragon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I was wondering the same thing. Why aren't the champions also included in the type-masters tournaments? Steven should be in the Steel expert, Lance and Iris in Dragon, Wallace in water?

Anybody?

Let's say you used Force Palm on an Aron and it survived because of Sturdy. Or because of a Focus Band/Sash/whatever.

Does it still have a chance of being paralyzed?

The Xtransceiver can also be used over the internet by selecting it at the Global Terminal in a Pokémon Center. It cannot be used over the internet if selected from the Bag.

The receptionist at the far right is not giving me a Xtransceiver option. Any suggestions? I'm using B2 and W2, in 2 different 3DS consoles, with the FC number of each registered in each. Don't know how else to activate video chat? :(

Last edited:

Um, you know how in Black/White 2, when you battle in Random Matchup, you'll earn BP. Well...

Do you have to win to earn BP?

How much BP do you get?

Can you earn BP in Free Mode? (Not Rating Mode)

I would be really happy if someone could answer these questions.

High Level Learnset

Ok...here's my question.

I'll use Tangela as an example. Tangela, in Pokemon White, learns Sleep Powder at level 4 or 5 I believe. If I catch a level 47 Tangela that doesn't already have sleep powder, will it ever be given a chance to learn the move later?

I'm having trouble finding a pokemon around level 50 with stun spore/sleep powder etc. I have false swipes on one, and I'd like to have some kind of disabling move on another pokemon in my party to make catching certain pokemon easier. I caught cobalion, can't get Virizion for the life of me, and I am pretty sure sleep will help a LOT =p

Thanks folks,
Nick

Re: High Level Learnset

Sweet deal! Thanks a lot =D I haven't played in quite a while and have never used a move reminder character before. Very much appreciated. Now instead of using a level 39 Lilligant and leveling it up to be effective....I'll just teach it to my level 60 Liligant =D Thanks a bunch.

Can you believe I caught Kyurem when my highest level was a 62 Zekrom, and I had no form of incapacitation on it? And it only took me 2 game reloads, and the time I caught it....did it on my 4th Ultra ball =p WIN! Hehe. Maybe that's why I'm being punished on these lower level ones.

Sweet deal! Thanks a lot =D I haven't played in quite a while and have never used a move reminder character before. Very much appreciated. Now instead of using a level 39 Lilligant and leveling it up to be effective....I'll just teach it to my level 60 Liligant =D Thanks a bunch.

Can you believe I caught Kyurem when my highest level was a 62 Zekrom, and I had no form of incapacitation on it? And it only took me 2 game reloads, and the time I caught it....did it on my 4th Ultra ball =p WIN! Hehe. Maybe that's why I'm being punished on these lower level ones.

Well actually if you're using a Liligant, it wont be able to relearn a move from it's past evolutions, as it could only remember Sleep Powder if it were a Petilil (who learns it at level 10). Same situation with stun spore (level 22).

Tangrowth on the other hand, could be retaught sleep powder/stun spore even in it's fully evolved state.

If you're playing BW1:
you can catch Tangrowth on Route 13, or in the Giant Chasm (both at level 50, found 5% of the time in rustling grass).

If you're playing BW2:
you can trade for one in-game named "Tangles" at level 45 in Humilau City (by trading your own Mantine who can be caught in Undella Bay [Spring/Summer/Autumn only] or on Route 21 [Surfing]), or catch one of your own Tangrowth on Route 13 (at level 37 found 5% of the time in rustling grass), or in the Giant Chasm (at level 47 found 5% of the time in rustling grass).

Locations for the Move Relearners in:

Black and White:
In a house near the Pokémon Center in Mistralton City, a girl known as the reminder girl will give the player the possibility of relearning a move a Pokémon could have learned before, in exchange for a Heart Scale. Next to her is the Move Deleter. In these games, Heart Scales can be rewarded in Driftveil City daily*, exchanged for 10 Sweet Hearts in Mistralton City, held by wild Luvdisc, and in the Sparkling Sea. In addition, Pokémon with Pickup at level 51 or higher may occasionally hold Heart Scales.

Black 2 and White 2:
Both the Move Relearner and Move Deleter were relocated to Pokémon World Tournament, south of Driftveil City. On the Town Map, she is referred to as the Move Reminder.

Yeah I noticed my mistake with Lilligant when I went to relearn Sleep Powder. Ended up just catching a level 50 Tangela, needed to evolve it for the pokedex entry anyway. And since at the moment I'm just catching Terrakionn, and used Tangela to catch Cobalion and Virizion, level 50 is plenty high. And as I already have Kyurem, I don't really need a legendary catch team that high hehe =)

Thanks for all the help folks! =D

So what are the chances of masuda method while having the shiny charm that an egg will be shiny? since both increase the odd of shiny pokemon appearing.

So what are the chances of masuda method while having the shiny charm that an egg will be shiny? since both increase the odd of shiny pokemon appearing.
The odds go to 1/1024 chance of hatching a shiny.

The Xtransceiver can also be used over the internet by selecting it at the Global Terminal in a Pokémon Center. It cannot be used over the internet if selected from the Bag.

The receptionist at the far right is not giving me a Xtransceiver option. Any suggestions? I'm using B2 and W2, in 2 different 3DS consoles, with the FC number of each registered in each. Don't know how else to activate video chat? :(

Try the middle receptionist, which leads to the Wi-Fi club. There, you can use the Xtransceiver online.

Edit: Make sure Voice chat is on; otherwise, you can't access the option.

Last edited:

Probably a dumb question but:

If you are fighting a pokemon that is dual-type, say Steel/Dragon, and you use a Dragon attack on it, does the x2 super effective and 1/2x not very effective cancel out and make it even? Or is it an issue of primary type. A Steel/Dragon only using type-defense of Steel, while still being able to used both types of attack?

Sorry if this is already or commonly asked, I'm just not sure how this works.

Probably a dumb question but:

If you are fighting a pokemon that is dual-type, say Steel/Dragon, and you use a Dragon attack on it, does the x2 super effective and 1/2x not very effective cancel out and make it even? Or is it an issue of primary type. A Steel/Dragon only using type-defense of Steel, while still being able to used both types of attack?

Sorry if this is already or commonly asked, I'm just not sure how this works.

The 2x and 1/2x times would cancel out and make it regularly effective. The effects of moves used on dual-types are always multiplied together; for example, Pelipper (Water/Flying) would take 4x damage (2x2) from Electric moves, while Quagsire (Water/Ground) would take no damage (2x0), and Kingdra (Water/Dragon) would take regular damage (2x1/2).

I'm really confused right now. So in my Black 2 game, I have a Zoroark that I got through breeding, and he's at level 74, yet he never learned Night Daze. I know that Night Daze is learned at level 64, but my Zoroark is 10 levels higher than that and the opportunity to learn it never happened. Can bred Zoroarks not learn the move or what?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom