• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Just curious, where in Floccesy Ranch do you find any Riolu? I've never once seen one there, but sources tell me they're catchable there. Yet out of the many times I've gone there to get a Pokemon or level up one or something, I've never seen a single Riolu.

Just curious, where in Floccesy Ranch do you find any Riolu? I've never once seen one there, but sources tell me they're catchable there. Yet out of the many times I've gone there to get a Pokemon or level up one or something, I've never seen a single Riolu.

They're there in the regular grass. Nothing special to it, they're just kind of rare.

They are there, keep trying! The little buggers have a stupid appearance rate of like 5% or something. First time I ever went into Floccesy Ranch a Riolu was literally the 3rd thing I came across. Couldn't believe it. Went back later for another one, and it took me 2 hours to find -_-

Good luck!

Hey peeps I'm hopefully going to get my third Deoxys over Wi-Fi today and I wanted to know which Nature best suits a Deoxys so that it can equally use all 4 of its formes. I was thinking maybe something neutral like a Serious Nature but then again I'm not really the best when it comes to which nature is good for which Pokémon so I still have doubts. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this.

Never use a neutral nature. Ever.

I'd suggest Naive/Rash as that tends to be best for the Atk/Spe/Normal formes. The Defense forme would probably enjoy a Calm/Bold nature though.

They're there in the regular grass. Nothing special to it, they're just kind of rare.

They are there, keep trying! The little buggers have a stupid appearance rate of like 5% or something. First time I ever went into Floccesy Ranch a Riolu was literally the 3rd thing I came across. Couldn't believe it. Went back later for another one, and it took me 2 hours to find -_-

Good luck!

Oh, dang, no wonder I never saw one. I had no idea they had such a low encounter rate. Thanks for telling me. Guess I'm gonna be spending a good bit of time over there once I decide to go catch a Riolu...

I got curious about this:

Can you play the Black2 Multi-subway with a Black user? If so, then how would the players appear? If the Black2 player was Nate, and the Black user was Hilbert, will Hilbert appear as the tag player in Black2? I'm pretty sure it's going to be another 'Hilbert' figure in Black, but how about in Black2?

Lickitung

I have only seen Lickitung once while playing pokemon red, in a trainer battle but never seen him appear in the wild and don't know how to catch or otherwise obtain one, if anyone knows then its much appreciated

Re: Lickitung

I have only seen Lickitung once while playing pokemon red, in a trainer battle but never seen him appear in the wild and don't know how to catch or otherwise obtain one, if anyone knows then its much appreciated
You must trade a Slowbro for it on Rt 18

Hey everyone.
I'm making a pokemon hack and I'm not sure where to put a thread looking for help and requesting advice regarding the hack itself. Can anyone tell me where to put a thread like that?

this is weird. I just finished the gym at Snowpoint, couldn't figure out what to do, consulted a walkthrough but I'm still lost. I read that I am supposed to go to Acuity Lakefront. Ummm...I cant really get there. The only thing I see as far as any body of water that I can get to is one that has a guy with a boat. But he wont allow me to sail with him just yet. I just racked up about (ooh this is a question I have been dying to ask!) x hours of gameplay wandering around trying to figure out where to go but no luck. How do you get to Acuity Lakefront??

Ok so part two - I may ask this somewhere else though: how long as an hour of game time in the real world? I don't think its a real 60 minutes - caught myself playing for maybe 20 minutes a few different times & it saved as an hour of play. But IDK the exact measurements of time.

1) Lake Acuity's entrance is on the left side of Acuity Lakefront, just north of Route 217 and west of Snowpoint City. Note that if you're playing Platinum, you'll need to use Rock Climb.

2) Game time should correspond 1:1 with real time. Although things can get a little weird if you change your DS's clock.

Hey everyone.
I'm making a pokemon hack and I'm not sure where to put a thread looking for help and requesting advice regarding the hack itself. Can anyone tell me where to put a thread like that?
We dont allow discussion here on Pokemon game hacks or fan made games

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I found the guy for lickitung. What about farfetched and Mr mime? in the red version, how to get them

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I found the guy for lickitung. What about farfetched and Mr mime? in the red version, how to get them
The trade with an NPC, called an in-game trade, for a Mr. Mime is in route 2 and the in-game trade for a Farfetch'd is in Vermillion City. There is a list of in-game trades on Bulbapedia. The hyperlink to that page is shown below
List of in-game trades - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Re: Dead (and newly replaced!) clock battery: Still no berries in Emerald?

So I just started playing my Emerald version again for old time's sake and I was greeted by the "clock battery has run dry" message. I took the initiative and went to the local used game store, and got it replaced. No more message! And the clock is going again. (Yes I went back to Littleroot town to check!)

So then I happily began planting berries everywhere, but was disappointed to see none of them growing. It's been over twelve hours and nothing is happening, even with a lot of watering. :bawl:

I have even started a new game (without saving) and planted some berries at the first patch to see if that would work. It's only been a few hours but I don't see anything happening.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anyway to get berries growing again?

Admittedly I am inexperienced with growing berries, I never really paid attention to them before now. I just planted them and waited, I don't guess there's anything else I need to do?

Try checking out the berries after 24 hours. If they haven't grown, then it's probably the Berry Glitch.

Berry glitch - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.

It's kinda strange that Emerald version would get the glitch... and you did say that the clock was going. If it is indeed the berry glitch, then there would be no timed events - no every day gifts from the lottery, no daily berries from the berry master, no high/low tides in Shoal Cave... etc.

Last edited:

I have a question for our more competitive players here...
Say I have a Pokemon holding a Red Card, say Scizor. I choose Pursuit as my attack. If the opponent moves first and hits me(they used Quick Attack or just outsped me), activating the Red Card, would Pursuit get the damage boost from the switch?

hope this is going to the right place - I'm trying to reply to the first post I made.

Sigh.... this is really getting to me. I have been stuck in the same spot for days now. I beat the gym leader from Snowpoint, got rock climb & the badge; went to the lake and did all of that stuff. Since I was stuck for so long, I looked up every walkthrough known to man. They pretty much all say to go back to the warehouse to find the guy who is supposed to drop the key but it never happens! They say to go to the lake to find my rival and that there should be a cut scene, but when I do that its nothing but my rival telling me that he'll be waiting for me or something like that - I think he says for me to go to Valor Lakefront. But there is just nothing left to do as far as I can tell. So after days of running back & forth, I just keep ending back up where everyone is telling me to go to Galactic HQ to try to get the warehouse key, yet there is nobody there to give it. Nobody, nothing, nada. Zip.

Any idea what it is I could be missing??

Try the Lost Tower subforum, there's a Gen1-4 "ask" thread there.

Are you absolutely sure you looked in the cave in Valor? I can't remember platinum very well, but didn't a bomb go off in one of the lakes?

I cant believe I did this, but since a whole week passed where I was stuck on this & since I tried so many things plus so many people treid to help me, I went ahead and restarted the entire game!! I'm kind of hating myself a little bit but it just... it was not happening.

I cant believe I did this, but since a whole week passed where I was stuck on this & since I tried so many things plus so many people treid to help me, I went ahead and restarted the entire game!! I'm kind of hating myself a little bit but it just... it was not happening.

Good luck! With a good restart, your starter will have better IVs :p

I myself remember Pokemon IV being kinda buggy, i've had it freeze/hang twice and the dialogue bug in Victory road is still haunting that blackbelt. Eventually I got through it, but its not fun having the game crash when you haven't saved :\

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom