• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

What do you win for completing the Pokédex?

The professor at least say something unique? In the beginning when you met them they say they specialize in something like researching Pokémon evolution and you need to fill the Pokédex to help him/her. Do they ever conclude something from their studies and tell you?

There's a GameFreak HQ in castelia. If you speak to one of the GF members in there, they'll give you a fancy diploma that would look nice on your wall
This applies to all other games as well.

FRLG - Celadon GF building
RSE - Lilycove inn (they're on vacation)
DPPt - Valor lake. One GF member is staying at one of the surrounding guest house
HGSS - Celadon GF building
BW and B2W2 - Castelia GF HQ

Other than the diploma, the prof gives you a compliment, and a Shiny Charm in B2W2 for easy shiny hunting
Pretty lame if you ask me. Meh... You have to get about 600 Pokémon and win basically nothing up to B2W2. Pointless... And this is one of the main objectives of the game according to the people behind the game themselves.

Pokémon has some pointless things... Like event-only legendaries for example or the complex way to do some pre/evolutions (like trading + item / incenses - how would know about those things without asking a web search engine [the names of the items aren't anywhere near obvious]), and completely hidden EVs system. Legit question: How would one know about EVs / EV yields(!!!) / EV training without internet? Things like Battle Subway require EV-training for god's sake!

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I've been siting here on route 119 in my Emerald version for a while, and i'm trying to get a carvanah. But every time i get i bite i can't figure out how to pull it in. It's basically like Gen IV and V fishing right? just no question mark. well that's not working. Help somebody? I'm also using the super rod if that helps.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I've been siting here on route 119 in my Emerald version for a while, and i'm trying to get a carvanah. But every time i get i bite i can't figure out how to pull it in. It's basically like Gen IV and V fishing right? just no question mark. well that's not working. Help somebody? I'm also using the super rod if that helps.
When it say's you have a Pokemon you need to press the A button quickly, you might need to do this more than once but you need to do it quickly or else the Pokemon will get away.

Can Reshiram be shiny in White 2?
Nope, Reshiram/Zekrom still has the Shiny Check in BW2

BOOO! Thank you though.

Also, "The term Shiny Pokémon was first used in-game in Pokémon Black and White." Where/when was this mentioned in-game?

I found it here: "shiny" is no longer a fan term | IGN Boards
someone on ign boards said:
Go to Nimbasa City, go in the building just north of the Pokemon Center. Talk to the two people on the first floor, and they both mention Shiny Pokemon, with a capital S.

That sounds a bit hacked for me, but what is consider as hacked?

That sounds a bit hacked for me, but what is consider as hacked?
Anything illegitimate and not available via normal game play. For example, you can't get a shiny level 1 Reshiram. If you see someone with it, that was obtained by hacking.

Ok question as i couldn't find it, can i use the PokeTransfer Labs in Black to transfer pokemon to black 2? or do i have to simply just keep trading between to two? surely there's an easier way to do so without having to keep catching duplicates to trade for my other pokemon in pokemon black

Ok question as i couldn't find it, can i use the PokeTransfer Labs in Black to transfer pokemon to black 2? or do i have to simply just keep trading between to two? surely there's an easier way to do so without having to keep catching duplicates to trade for my other pokemon in pokemon black
You just trade normally between Black and Black 2, PokeTransfer is for tranfering from Gen 4 games.

You just trade normally between Black and Black 2, PokeTransfer is for tranfering from Gen 4 games.

Ah ok, well that kinda sucks.. well it was a nice thought anyways cause ill just capture duplicates in black 2 to trade between since you cant just transfer or give...

Weird glitch maybe?

I've got white 2 on an emulator, and in Chargestone cave i found a level 9 Pidgeot O.O is this some random glitch?

I'd post a pic.. but I can't figure out how to

Hey, I wasn't sure if this belongs here as I'm not sure it's a "simple question".

Me and a friend of mine are both just one Trainer Card upgrade away from getting Black/White Trainer Cards in Black 2 and White 2. (I have White 2.) Getting the last Trainer Card upgrade has been a long standing goal for us, but it takes ages, and we're hoping to get them before X and Y are released.

Anyway, the last challenge we need to accomplish is "Get the Black and White Entree levels to 30 or higher". At the moment, my Entree is Black Lv. 10 and White Lv. 10 after hours of doing Funfest Missions together…

What's frustrating us is that the level up system seems to work fairly randomly… We alternated between who was the 'Host' of the mission and who had to 'Join' the mission via C-Gear.

My question is, how many Funfest Missions do you need to do before the relevant level goes up? Does it work by some sort of "hidden" experience value?
In order to get to Black Level 30 and White Level 30, do you literally need to complete every Funfest Mission in all three ranks? Where does this leave me on the Missions that are literally impossible for two players to do (such as the ones that ask you to defeat 30 Trainers in 3 minutes)?

I'm just really confused as to how the whole Entralink system is supposed to work in Black 2/White 2. I've scoured the internet and can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere, not even from Bulbapedia, about how many Missions you need to do before your Entree levels up.

So I was on the Royal Unova tonight trying to level up my female Delcatty, who as Skitty had just learned Assist then Evolved, and we faced off against a male Marill.
I used Attract on Marill and Marill then used Bubblebeam on me. I decided to give Assist a go and it used my Servine's Vine Whip on Marill, but it came off as just a regular hit - it was not "Super Effective!" I then tried Assist again and this tie it became my Dewott's Ice Beam, which was also a regular hit - no "it's not very effective" or anything.

Does Assist cancel out the "super effective" and "not very effective" traits of moves? Does Marill have some kind of Ability that cancels those out? I've looked briefly into both and couldn't find anything really at all that helped - anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance <3

So I was on the Royal Unova tonight trying to level up my female Delcatty, who as Skitty had just learned Assist then Evolved, and we faced off against a male Marill.
I used Attract on Marill and Marill then used Bubblebeam on me. I decided to give Assist a go and it used my Servine's Vine Whip on Marill, but it came off as just a regular hit - it was not "Super Effective!" I then tried Assist again and this tie it became my Dewott's Ice Beam, which was also a regular hit - no "it's not very effective" or anything.

Does Assist cancel out the "super effective" and "not very effective" traits of moves? Does Marill have some kind of Ability that cancels those out? I've looked briefly into both and couldn't find anything really at all that helped - anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance <3

Your Delcatty may have Normalize, which will makes all attacks it uses assume a Normal typing before landing on a foe.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Is there a way I can get more then one Pokemon from BW to BW2 and vice-versa?

No. Trading has always been 1:1. If you're trying to transfer without losing anything, just catch common Pokémon for trade fodder.

No. Trading has always been 1:1. If you're trying to transfer without losing anything, just catch common Pokémon for trade fodder.

yeah thats what im thinking about doing... just wish it was more simple lol... i think i will just trade the ones i really cared about and put a lot of effort into training i dont want 230 hours to go to waste lol......

Also another question when it comes to IV/EV training which is easier as i have a well balanced ditto and is it better to start training once they hatch oooor when higher leveled? say like charizard and his final evolution for example

Also another question when it comes to IV/EV training which is easier as i have a well balanced ditto and is it better to start training once they hatch oooor when higher leveled? say like charizard and his final evolution for example

Well, as long as you get the same overall amount of EVs, it doesn't matter what level you get them. For example, a Lv. 50 Charizard who got 100 attack EVs when they were a Lv. 1 Charmander would have no EV advantage over a Lv. 50 Charizard that just trained up 100 EVs a couple of levels prior.

That being said, since gaining experience by battling other Pokémon always results in the Pokémon getting EVs (even through Exp. Share), it's usually easier to start training earlier in order to keep track of which EVs your Pokémon has accrued.

If you want to go more in-depth about how EVs work, I'd suggest checking out the Bulbapedia page on them.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom