• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Hey I'm playing in game since I cannot connect to Nintendo wifi and I need help finding a sixth member for my team. My only tactic in battling is to knockout the opponent as fast as possible. My team is: Charizard, Latios, Suicune, Torterra, Lucario. Also I wish to as this without looking like a big idiot.... what is OU, RU and the others since I know NOTHING about competitive battling so if anyone wants to tell me what that is please feel free to. Lastly some Pokemon I have in mind for my team are: Gardevoir, Gallade, Tyranitar and Jolteon. tnx :)

Tyranitar or Jolteon would both be good choices (the other two are as well, but you already have Psychic and Fighting covered through Latios and Lucario, and it's usually best to diversify). I'd personally go with Tyranitar so you balance out the physical and special attackers on your team.

As for OU and RU, those stand for overused and rarely used, respectively, and are part of a general system of sorting Pokémon into tiers depending on their respective power levels. Some tiers are a bit weirdly defined, and Pokémon jump between tiers each generation, or even between generations if someone finds ways to use them or counter them. The only really set-in-stone tiers are the Uber tier, which contains all the top legendaries (as well as some other OP picks, like Wobbuffet and Garchomp), and the never-used tier, consisting mostly of pre-evolutions and Pokémon who are not really suitable for battle.

Well I have been trying to EV train Tyranitar but he has a lot of weaknesses so that's why I made a Gardevoir and a Gallade. I'm Ev training Tyranitar speed to the max so he will hit hard first then his attack since he can take a hit already.

And thanks for telling me what OU and Ru stands for but where they established by Nintendo??

Hey I'm playing in game since I cannot connect to Nintendo wifi and I need help finding a sixth member for my team. My only tactic in battling is to knockout the opponent as fast as possible. My team is: Charizard, Latios, Suicune, Torterra, Lucario. Also I wish to as this without looking like a big idiot.... what is OU, RU and the others since I know NOTHING about competitive battling so if anyone wants to tell me what that is please feel free to. Lastly some Pokemon I have in mind for my team are: Gardevoir, Gallade, Tyranitar and Jolteon. tnx :)

Tyranitar or Jolteon would both be good choices (the other two are as well, but you already have Psychic and Fighting covered through Latios and Lucario, and it's usually best to diversify). I'd personally go with Tyranitar so you balance out the physical and special attackers on your team.

As for OU and RU, those stand for overused and rarely used, respectively, and are part of a general system of sorting Pokémon into tiers depending on their respective power levels. Some tiers are a bit weirdly defined, and Pokémon jump between tiers each generation, or even between generations if someone finds ways to use them or counter them. The only really set-in-stone tiers are the Uber tier, which contains all the top legendaries (as well as some other OP picks, like Wobbuffet and Garchomp), and the never-used tier, consisting mostly of pre-evolutions and Pokémon who are not really suitable for battle.

Well I have been trying to EV train Tyranitar but he has a lot of weaknesses so that's why I made a Gardevoir and a Gallade. I'm Ev training Tyranitar speed to the max so he will hit hard first then his attack since he can take a hit already.

And thanks for telling me what OU and Ru stands for but where they established by Nintendo??
No, the Tiers like RU/OU are unofficial, they were made by fans, not the Pokemon Company/Game Freak.

Oh well that's pretty cool how Pokemon's fan-base could establish things like that without arguing and such.

can I breed a fully evolved pokemon?
in the GTS, a lot of people want something like "Hydreigon, level 9 and under"... I'm a noob, so I think it's impossible 'cause Hydreigon can only obtained on level 64...

in the GTS, a lot of people want something like "Hydreigon, level 9 and under"... I'm a noob, so I think it's impossible 'cause Hydreigon can only obtained on level 64...
Unfortunately, no, you can't. =/ Only way is if you use a cheating device. If you breed an evolved Pokemon, you'll get the first evolution of it, so you'd get Deino instead of a Hydregion. Would be cool though if we could. xD.

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Are there any places to get a Psychic TM other than the game Corner in Johto? I need my Gengar to have psychic the Elite Four, but I have not found one yet! D:

Are there any places to get a Psychic TM other than the game Corner in Johto? I need my Gengar to have psychic the Elite Four, but I have not found one yet! D:

The only other place would be in Saffron City from Mr. Psychic. Since that's after the Elite Four, you may need to visit the Game Corner for the TM then.

The only other place would be in Saffron City from Mr. Psychic. Since that's after the Elite Four, you may need to visit the Game Corner for the TM then.

I had a feeling so! :(

Unfortunately, no, you can't. =/ Only way is if you use a cheating device. If you breed an evolved Pokemon, you'll get the first evolution of it, so you'd get Deino instead of a Hydregion. Would be cool though if we could. xD.

I just found out that those people are trying to clone their Pokemon... How suck... Thanks for the answer :)

My god I need help.

So I have just came home with a pre-owned pokemon black game (which had a victini in it, I was shocked!), and it had a few pokemon I transfered to pokemon black 2 (DAT VICTINI). I planned on starting a new save file but then something caught my eye.

It was a mysterious egg obtained at ----------, and the date received is 9/25/10 (christmas event?). The pokemon is in a cherish ball, and it is holding a rowap berry... Either way, I have been trying to hatch it and now it has the description, "Sounds can be heard from inside! It will hatch soon!", but every time it says "oh?" It never hatches, I have heard of bad eggs before but um... could someone please help me..? >_<

Oh, and also, this guy has obviously hacked before, he has 638 master balls in his bag. >_>
Help? Q_Q

You might need to restart the game! That's the only way I can think of fixing it! You can send me your
Victini restart the game, then I can resend him back to you if you wish. However otherwise I'm sorry
but it sounds like his hacking has broken his game. You might want to make your own game anyway
so you can call it your own!

In Pearl - the Pokemon Mansion (route 212) there are some rooms that they say are "off-limits". I figured that meant I'd be able to get to them after obtaining the National Pokedex, or maybe after beating the main game but now that I've done that & returned.....no cigar.

Do these rooms ever open up at some point? Is there something you have to do? Also....these forums here are a little on the confusing side. I think, unless its just me? So I have a feeling I might be posting in the wrong place but hopefully not.

In Pearl - the Pokemon Mansion (route 212) there are some rooms that they say are "off-limits". I figured that meant I'd be able to get to them after obtaining the National Pokedex, or maybe after beating the main game but now that I've done that & returned.....no cigar.

Do these rooms ever open up at some point? Is there something you have to do?

Nope, those doors are always off-limits. Even walking through the maids with cheating devices does nothing. They're basically supposed to represent the rest of the mansion which the general public doesn't have access to, from an in-universe perspective.

PID Overhaul?

Does anyone know how much room there is for new pokemon in the PID?
I am no expert, so forgive me if I explain this correctly, but a pokemon can largely be csummed up by its PID, a long number that summarizes everything that makes up that pokemon. The structure of the PID could limit how many pokemon the games expand to, or how amny extra features are added.
Has this ever been explored and I wander if we will ever have an overhaul of the PID?

Re: PID Overhaul?

The PID currently defines a Pokemon's gender, ability, and nature. A few specific species use it in very different ways to control non-essential things (like Wurmple's evolution or Spinda's spots), so I think it has room to fit a lot of variance in.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

How do we know that Cynthia has perfect IVs on her Pokemon?

So, probably a complicated question, but at what level are your EV's usually maxed considering you have
battled every trainer you have come across? I am not looking for an exact level, just a level approximately
in 'your' opinion? 30? 60? 90? 100?

So, probably a complicated question, but at what level are your EV's usually maxed considering you have
battled every trainer you have come across? I am not looking for an exact level, just a level approximately
in 'your' opinion? 30? 60? 90? 100?

My guess would be somewhere around 40. I might be wrong though, but iirc that's when most of my Pokemon can't be given vitamins anymore.

If anyone else has a more educated answer then that'd be cool.

COMPLETE POKEDEX WITHOUT GBA SLOT OR CHEATS?

I finished Pearl recently & ever since I've been running around with the Pokeradar & getting new guys but I have a feeling that I cant really get many more than what I have now, even with trading. On the GTS, everybody (mostly) asks for highly unrealistic trades. I did get a couple of really good things, but like really, how many Pokemon can a person actually get this way? Same for the radar. I'm not totally sure...

So I want to know, if I begin playing another game on DS (I have Platinum, never played yet) do I have to restart the entire Pokedex? I don't have any system with a GBA slot anymore, traded it in a couple of years ago when I got my current DS! I've been searching different websites plus asking around & I cant really figure out - is there ONE game that you can play that allows you to complete the entire Pokedex? WITHOUT cheats AND without a GBA slotted-system?? If not, this really bites. Not totally sure what Platinum has that Pearl doesn't but I guess I'd find out.... Just want to know how people complete their dexes without using the whatsitcalleds. Cant think of the name of the darn things.

I'm just curious, but if you can defeat Benga in both the Black Tower and the White Treehollow in the same game (which would only be possible by having both available in the key system, for those who don't know this yet), would you be able to get both shiny dragons from him in Floccasy Town? If so, it'll save me the trouble of trying to get a Gible in the Dream World. If not, oh well.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom