• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Oh i see. How about the regions? If a game has 2 or 3 regions, are the players to explore all the regions in a single game? Does that also mean that newer games are longer/bigger than the classic red/blue/yellow versions which only had the Kanto region if im not mistaken?

Each game, save for Gold/Silver/Crystal & HeartGold/SoulSilver, only have 1 region to explore. FireRed/LeafGreen do have some extra Isles to explore towards the end of the game though.
And on a somewhat biased scale, I'd say other games continuously give you bigger regions to explore. Though your mileage may vary.

I see, i see! I think i ll pick crystal for now in that case! Thanks for the information btw!

And 1 more question, do you guys know how much a DS Lite costs?

From what i hear, refurbished nets you a $100 tab, while new is $129 I believe. It just depends on where you get it as every place has different prices.

Wow, I would like to know where I can safely buy a brand-new not refurbished NDS Lite for just $129 (preference for worldwide shipping). Does anyone know?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Hey quick question. Say i have a level 100 Charizard, and a level 75 Charizard. When i go to the battle station in Blaze Black, and both my Charizards are set to level 50. Will my level 100 be better than the 75?

Hey quick question. Say i have a level 100 Charizard, and a level 75 Charizard. When i go to the battle station in Blaze Black, and both my Charizards are set to level 50. Will my level 100 be better than the 75?

Not necessarily. When they are brought down to Lv. 50, the stats get recalculated for the level, so both of them would have the same base stats. However, since the stats are still calculated with EVs and IVs as usual, differences between the two Charizards would show up there. If they are both fully EV-trained, then there's likely to be very little difference in their battle strength.

I believe you can get them for even $99 now at many sites. I do not have a specific one in mind because prices differ over many factors and change sometimes but I just wanted to tell you that you can look for a DS Lite for cheaper than $129. There are actually a few stores in my area that aren't carrying the DS Lite anymore for whatever reason, only the DSi & 3DS, further reason for the prices to drop.

I believe you can get them for even $99 now at many sites. I do not have a specific one in mind because prices differ over many factors and change sometimes but I just wanted to tell you that you can look for a DS Lite for cheaper than $129. There are actually a few stores in my area that aren't carrying the DS Lite anymore for whatever reason, only the DSi & 3DS, further reason for the prices to drop.

Well, I've never found a new one cheap like that. Thank you, anyway.

If anyone knows a trustful online store with that price, please PM me. I hope there are still stores which sell for that price with worldwide shipping.

Last edited:
Special Attack EV Training

Hi, all.

Just started EV training, and starting on Emerald. I'm trying to train up an Abra with Special attack, but don't know where the best place is to train.

Any ideas? Cheers.

Re: Special Attack EV Training

Hi, all.

Just started EV training, and starting on Emerald. I'm trying to train up an Abra with Special attack, but don't know where the best place is to train.

Any ideas? Cheers.

According to Smogon, the best place to train Sp. Attack in Emerald is Route 113 by battling Spinda (70% chance of appearing, 1 EV each) and Slugma (25% chance, 1 EV each). Just be careful not to fight the Skarmory, since they give Defense EVs instead.

I apologize if this has been asked before:
Say I beat White Treehollow and get the Shiny Dratini from Benga. If I change my Treehollow to Black Tower and beat it, will I be able to get the Shiny Gible as well?

Re: Special Attack EV Training

Hi, all.

Any ideas? Cheers.

Cheers, I'll give it a shot.

According to Smogon, the best place to train Sp. Attack in Emerald is Route 113 by battling Spinda (70% chance of appearing, 1 EV each) and Slugma (25% chance, 1 EV each). Just be careful not to fight the Skarmory, since they give Defense EVs instead.

Hey guys, I need help...

I'm playing LeafGreen and I'm interested in training an Exeggutor. I want its moveset to be Giga Drain, Psychic, Hypnosis and Leech Seed. The problem is that Exeggutor (nor Exeggcute) learn Psychic by level-up, and I already used the TM29 one gets from the man in Saffron City on my Magmar. Is it possible to get another TM29 in my game? Thanks!

Hey guys, I need help...

I'm playing LeafGreen and I'm interested in training an Exeggutor. I want its moveset to be Giga Drain, Psychic, Hypnosis and Leech Seed. The problem is that Exeggutor (nor Exeggcute) learn Psychic by level-up, and I already used the TM29 one gets from the man in Saffron City on my Magmar. Is it possible to get another TM29 in my game? Thanks!

Depends on what you taught Psychic to, did it by chance happen to be a male in the grass egg group? If so you could breed it onto an Exeggcute. If not, I'm thinking you're out of luck man.

Edit: Just reread what you wrote and saw you taught it to Magmar, tough luck dude

This could go for any gen I guess. I have wondered for a long time how this works:
Say I've got Swablu vs Grimer.

Grimer: uses screech/leer/tail whip. Swablu's defense falls.
Swablu: uses harden/iron defense/barrier or whatever. So his defense rises.

Now doesn't this just put Swablu right back to where he was to begin with? And I wonder about this because it seems like in a lot of battles, you could just keep on going 1 step forward one step back & get Nowhere. What are the rules to how this works?

This could go for any gen I guess. I have wondered for a long time how this works:
Say I've got Swablu vs Grimer.

Grimer: uses screech/leer/tail whip. Swablu's defense falls.
Swablu: uses harden/iron defense/barrier or whatever. So his defense rises.

Now doesn't this just put Swablu right back to where he was to begin with? And I wonder about this because it seems like in a lot of battles, you could just keep on going 1 step forward one step back & get Nowhere. What are the rules to how this works?

You're just about absolutely correct. Let me explain how this would work a bit:

Grimer uses Screech. Swablu's defense falls to -2. Swablu, after that, uses Iron defense. It's defense would then increase by +2, leaving its defenses at a total of 0 pretty much neutralizing the -2 that it had previously.

But keep in mind that Swablu could also learn Cotton Guard. Seeing as Swablu moves first before Grimer, it can use cotton guard, which would increase its defense to +3. If Grimer uses Leer, it would drop its defenses down at stage, to where it would get +2 instead. If Grimer uses screech, then Swablu's defenses drop to +1. But then the latter can just cotton guard again to increase its defense to +4, rendering Grimer's efforts pretty useless.

I hope this helps ^^; In a standard scenario, I suppose you could go back and forth and get absolutely nowhere, but in swablu's case, it gets a blessing that is cotton guard, so it doesn't really have to worry much about defense decreases.

Just a small question here...

In the Champions Tournament in Black 2 and White 2, why does Red participate? He was never the Champion in any game :S In Blue, Red, FireRed and LeafGreen, the Champion was Blue. In Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold and SoulSilver, Lance was the Champion. In Ruby and Sapphire, Steven was the Champion, and in Emerald, Wallace was. In Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, Cynthia was the Champion. In Black and White, Alder was the Champion, and in Black 2 and White 2, Iris was the Champion.

If they wanted to represent the player becoming the Champion, shouldn't have Ethan, Brendan, Lucas, Hilbert and Nate have participated too? And if that's the case, Kris, May, Leaf, Dawn, Lyra, Hilda and Rosa should participated as well. I think it's a little unfair that Red gets a special treatment when he doesn't really deserve it (although I do agree that he's the most badass trainer in the series).

Part me of wants to say that its for the sake of nostalgia, and part of me also wants to say that Red and Blue are pretty much in the same games; one can't really been seen without the other (I can be wrong about this, but this is just what I've seen so far). So since Blue is in the tournament, my best guess is that Red must've caught wind somehow and was like "well, why the hell not, since he's participating.".

..That's how I saw it, anyway. xD;

Same as the thread in both Video Games and Older Games, this thread is for any questions, be them small or... not so small, that people have regarding XY that don't need/deserve a thread of their own. So if you have a quick question that needs answering then post here. When the games are out you can also use it similar to how people use the Gen V SQSA thread.

This thread is solely for XY questions, so if you have questions regarding Gen V, then please use this thread in Video Games, or if you have any questions for Gen I-IV, then please use this thread in Older Games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom