• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

In my experience, the only way to move a pre-order to a different Gamestop is to cancel it, get your money back, and pre-order it a different store.

Okay then. In that case, are pre-orders still open? And equally important, can I pre-order without actually going there? Usually I just go to the store itself, but that's not really an option for me this time.

I'd expect preorders to be open even up to a few days before release. Given that it's Pokemon, they'll definitely have a lot in stock.

But I'm pretty sure you'll have to actually go to the store.

Erm....The Math Doesnt Add Up For My Pokedex

Maybe its because I was up too late last night playing video games (by late last night I mean its 1130am now), but something doesnt add up, literally.

According to my in-game pokedex, I have seen 150 & obtained 138. (and for the national it says 314 & 343) I know I saw all of the Pokemon in Sinnoh cuz a guy came & high fived me or whatever. The Sinnoh dex is comprised of #s 387 to 493. Last I checked, that was 106 but I dunno. Anything is possible here its a video game! :spin:

So 150 minus 138 is 12....there should be 12 regional pokemon that I still need to catch. Yet - - - just looking at Pokemon I know I don't have, and double checking with the incomplete entries on my Pokedex...here's the cocaine-fueled math that happens:

These are the regional pokedex entries that I have incomplete info for, meaning I saw but have not caught them. The # equals exactly that 12 that I am missing.
1. #141 Mantine
2.#140 Mantyke (not for lack of trying grrr)
3. #139. Milotic
4. #134 Finneon (oops. I can get that)
5. #130 Toxicroak (working on it)
6. #112 Munchlax (in nursery now)
7. #111 Garchomp (another oversight)
8. #108 Spiritomb
9. #75 Honchkrow
10. #50 Beautifly
11. #49 Silcoon (what!? makes no sense)
12. #35 Steelix BUT...BUT BUT BUT ...how is it that if I dont have Darkrai, Heatran, Phione, Manaphy and I think a couple of others that are within that range - and I KNOW i don't have those! - I still have the full amount when they are included in between the 387 & 493 of Sinnoh??
Hope this makese sense. I am going to bed now will hopefully check back later for a response. Thanks!

Re: Erm....The Math Doesnt Add Up For My Pokedex

Are you playing Diamond/Pearl or Platinum? Sounds like DP (Platinum's regional Dex is larger).

...how is it that if I dont have Darkrai, Heatran, Phione, Manaphy and I think a couple of others that are within that range - and I KNOW i don't have those! - I still have the full amount when they are included in between the 387 & 493 of Sinnoh??

Well, we know that G4 expanded the National Pokedex by +107 entries (387 thru 493). Diamond/Pearl has 150 Pokemon in its regional Dex (not counting Manaphy, who makes 151). If you've seen all of the Pokemon in this range, you get the reward for it (which I believe was the National Dex upgrade?), so that at least adds up.

There are many Generation IV Pokemon not included in DP's regional Dex, namely the gross-generational evos (like Leafeon/Glaceon). There are also seven Pokemon not in even in Platinum's expanded Sinnoh Dex (they're all event exclusive, e.g. Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus). Thus, if you've caught/seen these Pokemon, they count towards your National totals but not Sinnoh regional.

I'm not sure I understand the question, so first check your National Pokedex in-game: If you don't have them, you will see 'holes' in that section of the listing.

With the new type chart, is Magnezone still #1 with number of resistances?

With Steel losing resistances to Dark and Ghost, and gaining resistances to Fairy, Magnezone now has 11, rather than 12 resistances. Pure Steel types are right behind, with 10 resistances, but Magnezone still looks to have the most, I think, barring new pokemon that might be introduced.

Steel/Electric has ten resistances and one immunity; Steel/Fairy (Mawile) has nine resistances and two immunities. Steel/Fairy also only has two weaknesses (Fire and Ground) both only 2x, whereas Steel/Electric has three (Fire, Ground and Fighting), one of which being 4x. Both seem to be the most resistant types in the game, but taking weaknesses into account, Steel/Fairy has the edge over Steel/Electric imo.

Nice to see that my question was completely ignored.

Nice to see that my question was completely ignored.

I've been on a break the last few days and didn't read through the entire thread. I personally can't say how spoilers will be handled right now, but I'll bring it up with Joshawott and the rest of the XY staff. (Also if you could lower the attitude, that would be great.)

I will wait for a proper answer then and thanks for the reply. Depending of how the spoilers will be handled, I might have to leave the forums once the games are released, so the answer is really important to me. Also, I am sorry, but I just wanted my question to be answered like every other in this thread. I am not sure why you are telling this to me.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Hi folks!

I need help =(
I just started a new game on my Pokemon White version and I got a new game sync ID . Now i want my actual ID to be deleted so that I can register my new ID on Pokemon Global Link.
Now I found out that I have to contact the Pokemon Support team, but I do not know what "section" to contact. In addition I do know that I have to give them informations about my actual Account like: Actual ID, Username, Date of birth etc.

Is there anybody who experienced and solved this problem?

(soory for my english) :p

Does the customization feature in XY allow you to change your hair color?

As yet we don't know if we can change it - we can definitely choose different hair colours before the game, but I don't think it's been made clear if we can change hair colour during the game (I would honestly assume so)

Does the customization feature in XY allow you to change your hair color?

This screenshot makes me think so.
sept_p18_03_567qd.jpg

Also, the PSS shows a character with purple hair, so I suspect so.

june_new_p2_01.jpg

Last edited:

I will wait for a proper answer then and thanks for the reply. Depending of how the spoilers will be handled, I might have to leave the forums once the games are released, so the answer is really important to me. Also, I am sorry, but I just wanted my question to be answered like every other in this thread. I am not sure why you are telling this to me.
you might need to, im going to write up the whole game guide here

Regarding the possibility of paid DLC in XY...

On the 3DS, what happens if you buy DLC for a game, then play the game along with its save onto a 3DS that doesn't have the DLC?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom