• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Just Three Questions who have the game, please help?

You can use the D-Pad to walk - or hold B and use the D-pad to run. You can't remove them from the circle-pad.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I was just wondering what level Duoblade evolves into Aegislash, or does it evolve via an item?

I was just wondering what level Duoblade evolves into Aegislash, or does it evolve via an item?

It evolves via Dusk Stone.

Anyway, where do I find the item Sachet in Pokémon Y? I want to evolve my Spritzee... As soon as I catch it.

Two questions:
- I heard that Helioptile evolves via sun stone, does anyone know where to find one?
- also, what level does skiddo evolve?

Re: Just Three Questions who have the game, please help?

1. Does anyone know what town you get the daycare center so I can breed my starter?
2. Does anyone know how to use Amii, I haven't found it yet, do you get shown how?
3. How do you obtain the Torchic from pre-order?

Any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you!
Amie is simple. On the bottom screen there is an arrow on the top. Click on it and you will find Amie or Super Training. If you find Super Training then click the next arrow and you will find Amie.
Torchic? Go to Mystery Gift in the menu where you choose to continue on your svae file. In Mystery Gift, press Receive Gift. Then press Receive by Internet. Wait for some seconds and then you will get Torchic. If you have internet on your 3DS. If not, I do not know.
I have not found Day Care yet.

A question about my GameStop preorder.

Okay. I preordered X and Y several months ago for $5 each at GameStop. Unfortunately, it is opening day, and I don't have the remainder of the money with me.

Does this mean that my order is now invalid and that I'll never get the games? Does this mean that I will never get those posters? Do I have to pick up my stuff on opening day or can I wait until I actually get some money and THEN go get it?

Good thing that Torchic isn't gone until January 31st. Btw, Mods? You can move this to the proper forum if this is the wrong place.

I have some questions.
1) Where do I get the item that evolves Swirlix?
2) How rare or unrare are shinies now?

I'm gonna start playing Y tomorrow but I have a couple of questions:

When is the earliest you can customize you character? Are clothes expensive? Can you buy a lot of clothes at the first clothes selling point you come across, or does the number of clothes you can buy increase as you progress with the story? Also.... is your hat removeable or not? I know there was a screenshot of a Pal Pad like feature with hatless character models but I'm not sure if it's confirmed already you can actually go hatless.

Last edited:

I'm gonna start playing Y tomorrow but I have a question:

When is the earliest you can customize you character? Are clothes expensive? Can you buy a lot of clothes at the first clothes selling point you come across, or does the number of clothes you can buy increase as you progress with the story? Also.... is your hat removable or not? I know there was a screenshot of a Pal Pad like feature with hatless character models but I'm not sure if it's confirmed already you can actually go hatless.
You get a change of clothes near the beginning when you set off, so once you get to Santalune City you can work on customizing. It's also where the first clothing store/Pokemon Center is where they have an area that lets you change clothes. It seems each city has their own specialty in clothing (Santalune City deals with hats, Lumiose with classy clothing, etc.) The hats were expensive for me (around 2000-3000) but not sure how often the selection changes.

Been trying to find a way to remove the hat as well.

Question: does anyone know how the values in Super Training translate into EVs?

Two questions:
- I heard that Helioptile evolves via sun stone, does anyone know where to find one?
- also, what level does skiddo evolve?

I've yet to find a Sun Stone, but Skiddo evolves at 32.

I'm gonna start playing Y tomorrow but I have a question:

When is the earliest you can customize you character? Are clothes expensive? Can you buy a lot of clothes at the first clothes selling point you come across, or does the number of clothes you can buy increase as you progress with the story? Also.... is your hat removable or not? I know there was a screenshot of a Pal Pad like feature with hatless character models but I'm not sure if it's confirmed already you can actually go hatless.

The earliest is when you reach the first Pokemon center, which is in Santalune City. Your mom gives you a top and bottom that you can switch into with no cost. The earliest you can purchase clothes is also in Santalune City. The only thing that you can buy there are hats though, which kinda sucks. The hats go from (I think) 750-3,500 pokedollars. As for the hat, I don't think you can remove it. I've tried but with no success.

Thanks for the answers! I do have another question I'm highly curious about, but it is only answerable for people who've caught a Shiny already... but since Shinies have an increased encounter rate apparently, I might as well ask it: do box and party sprites of Shiny Pokémon now show them as Shiny, or are still the regularly colored box and party sprites used for them?

Thanks for the answers! I do have another question I'm highly curious about, but it is only answerable for people who've caught a Shiny already... but since Shinies have an increased encounter rate apparently, I might as well ask it: do box and party sprites of Shiny Pokémon now show them as Shiny, or are still the regularly colored box and party sprites used for them?
I can field that one, caught a shiny Adamant Ralts :D

*looks* Unfortunately they still use the regular-colored sprites. :/

Can we nickname the pokemon that we get in wonder trade and the ones that we get as mystery gift? (ala Torchic).

Can you tell me how common Skiddo are on Route 5? I found one forever ago, but didn't catch it. Now I'm searching for one and can't find any.

I've been resetting all morning and still no females. Can the starter be female?

I have a female adamant fennekin in X so yes, its possible. also gotten female chespin a few times in my shiny resetting

I have a question: does the starter choice screen show shinies or do I have to keep running thru the dialogue trees to see if my Chespin is shiny via Summary?

I can't guarantee, but most places have reported you have to look at the summary for the shiny.

Can you tell me how common Skiddo are on Route 5? I found one forever ago, but didn't catch it. Now I'm searching for one and can't find any.

That's odd, I always run into Skiddo on that route. If you still can't find one I'd be happy to trade one!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom