• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Is pokérus more common this generation? The only time I've found it in the wild before was back in Gen II - since then I've had to trade to get it. This time I got it within the first few hours, on a L9 Froufro (Sp?) Was I just lucky, or did they change something? I certainly haven't run into a shiny yet.

Do you still get EV's from regular battles, or is it all Super Training now?

Is there a clock in this generation? Like in gen V there was a clock in the corner of the lower screen. Also, in gen IV there was watch app we could use in the poketech that was the lower screen.

And where do I get my character's hair cut?
You can get your hair cut at the right side of southern Lumiose City, near the entrance to Route five.
I still can't find it! :(
You know where Sycamore's lab is? As you exit the place, go across from it, and then go left until you see a place with black scissors on a little sign. That's where I found it.

Where do you find Pumpkaboo? I was told Route 16, but I wanna make sure.

Just got the game yesterday and I just finished battling Team Flare in the cave and I'm on my way to the second gym. I just need a little advice on my team.

I currently have Frogadier (29), Honedge (24), Spritzee (23), Espurr (24), Skiddo (25), and Fletchinder (27)( I had Combusken at level 30 but I decided to box him since I decided on just having the bird as my fire type on my team.) Are these levels good enough for the second gym for those who've reached that point yet?

Also while I was in the cave that Team Flare was in I caught a Mawile. I was thinking of swapping out Honedge or Spritzee for it but I'm not sure. Would a Steel/Fairy type be better than a Steel/Ghost type? I know Spritzee is pure Fairy but the one I caught has terrible speed (unless they're just supposed to be slow.)

One more thing, does anyone know when you find Dedenne? I'm gonna want an electric type at some point and I'm kind of sick of Pikachu ^^' Also does anyone know when you can get an Eevee to evolve into Sylveon?

I've seen a lot of Honedge in my Amie screen, but none in battles or the wild. Where are people finding it? I really want one for my team, especially seeing it's got 3-evos and great resistances.

I've seen a lot of Honedge in my Amie screen, but none in battles or the wild. Where are people finding it? I really want one for my team, especially seeing it's got 3-evos and great resistances.

Route 7, I think it is. There's a pathway to Parfum Palace, and on either sides of the path is tall grass. That's where it is.

Has anyone obtained an Everstone yet or know where they can be found? Considering trading in certain Ditto to use that with...

Has anyone obtained an Everstone yet or know where they can be found? Considering trading in certain Ditto to use that with...
In Geosenge, the house behind the Pokecenter. The scientist gives it to you.

Does anyone know how to evolve Inkay? I read sites that said you have to hold your 3DS upside down at level 30, but it's at level 35 now and I keep flipping it upside down but it won't work...

General consensus seems to be that you have to be holding your 3DS upside-down either when it levels up or at the end of a battle in which it had leveled up. To be safe, get into a battle, and then right before it levels up, flip your 3DS upside-down and then keep it that way until after the battle ends.

Got it! I FREAKIN' LOVE MALAMAR!

As I have already finished the main storyline and I am still not allowed to shop in Luminose butique, what should I do to be able to do so? Can someone advise?

Just got the game yesterday and I just finished battling Team Flare in the cave and I'm on my way to the second gym. I just need a little advice on my team.

I currently have Frogadier (29), Honedge (24), Spritzee (23), Espurr (24), Skiddo (25), and Fletchinder (27)( I had Combusken at level 30 but I decided to box him since I decided on just having the bird as my fire type on my team.) Are these levels good enough for the second gym for those who've reached that point yet?
Those levels should be fine, the trainers in the gym are around level 25 if I remember correctly.
Also while I was in the cave that Team Flare was in I caught a Mawile. I was thinking of swapping out Honedge or Spritzee for it but I'm not sure. Would a Steel/Fairy type be better than a Steel/Ghost type? I know Spritzee is pure Fairy but the one I caught has terrible speed (unless they're just supposed to be slow.)
That one I would say would be up to you, both typings offer a good amount of resistances. Though I would go for Honedge because it would be interesting to train a new Pokemon.

Spritzee just has poor base speed :/
One more thing, does anyone know when you find Dedenne? I'm gonna want an electric type at some point and I'm kind of sick of Pikachu ^^' Also does anyone know when you can get an Eevee to evolve into Sylveon?
Dedenne can be found on Route 11, just before you enter Reflecting Cave. I think it's rare, since I accidentally defeated the first one I saw and the second one took a fair amount of time.

To get a Sylveon you would need a Maximum Bond with Eevee (on Pokemon Amie) then level it up.

Are you able to purchase Ether yet? I've been waiting for GF to allow us purchase them in the game for years but they just don't seem interested in doing it.

How the heck do you catch the Legendary Birds? They are really pissing me off with this "fleeing before you pick an option" thing.

How the heck do you catch the Legendary Birds? They are really pissing me off with this "fleeing before you pick an option" thing.

You have to chase them to the zone with the ocean den or something like that, after that they'll stay in that cave.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom