• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

How do I evolve Eevee into Nymphia?

Either max out it's Amie stats and level it up, or just have Eevee's Amie affection stat maxed and have Eevee know a Fairy type move and then level it up.

How do I max affection? :p

You play with it in Pokemon Amie. Just pet it and feed it a lot. When you pet and feed it, hearts will fly out from Eevee. You can tell a level in affection has increased by lots of hearts flying from Eevee in succession. When you pet Eevee and see a musical note, that's a sign to play a mini-game with it. This will also help you win more food for your Pokemon. You can also just hold your stylus on the touch screen for a few seconds and Eevee will hold up it's paw for a high five.

This isn't really a question on how to progress through the game, but does anyone know if GameFreak made there be a better chance of you randomy finding shiny Pokemon? Because when I got the game on Sunday, I found a shiny Furfrou while level grinding, and last night there was a shiny Moncrow on route 15. No one can be that lucky with a 1/8000-something chance, after only 2 days, right?

I think the current thinking is:
1. The odds of finding shinies have become better: there seem to have been a LOT of shiny encounters
2. Tipping makes you have a better chance at finding them but this has not been proven

Where can we give the character facial hair?

How do I evolve Eevee into Nymphia?

Either max out it's Amie stats and level it up, or just have Eevee's Amie affection stat maxed and have Eevee know a Fairy type move and then level it up.

How do I max affection? :p

You play with it in Pokemon Amie. Just pet it and feed it a lot. When you pet and feed it, hearts will fly out from Eevee. You can tell a level in affection has increased by lots of hearts flying from Eevee in succession. When you pet Eevee and see a musical note, that's a sign to play a mini-game with it. This will also help you win more food for your Pokemon. You can also just hold your stylus on the touch screen for a few seconds and Eevee will hold up it's paw for a high five.

I see. Thank you so much :)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I know rare candies are EV killers, but if i use exp share, do i obtain some EV points?

I just thought of another question -
Does anyone know if it's possible to get Charizardinite/Venasuarinite even if you picked Squirtle and got Blastoisinite? Or do I need to trade them with another Pokemon from another copy of the game? (I planned to get Y eventually, but I already have a Bulbasuar from FR and a Charmander from SS I planned to transfer in December)

Does anyone know if it's possible to get Charizardinite/Venasuarinite even if you picked Squirtle and got Blastoisinite? Or do I need to trade them with another Pokemon from another copy of the game? (I planned to get Y eventually, but I already have a Bulbasuar from FR and a Charmander from SS I planned to transfer in December)

You can apparently buy them for between 150,000-1,000,000 Poké in Lumiose City. IDK where, though.

You can apparently buy them for between 150,000-1,000,000 Poké in Lumiose City. IDK where, though.
Well, that's better then nothing I suppose. Thanks :)

Ok, I'm running into a dilemma.

I'm trying to play blindly, so if you could keep anything after Reflecting Cave secret that would be nice.

Anyway...

He's the problem I'm running into. I'm getting mowed over by mostly everyone because I didn't know that they don't cut the EXP gain in half when you use the EXP Share so I'm a little under leveled (about level 29-31 right before reflecting cave with Kirlia & Braixen).

Since I wanted to play blindly I have no idea what comes up next. I did look up to see if Magnemite was catchable (it is, Lost Hotel I believe), but I'm not sure who is a better pokemon. Is Helioptile's evo better than Magnezone? If not, where do I need to level Magneton for him to evolve?

What I'm wondering is if Magnezone is stronger than Helio-whatever (don't know the name because I haven't seen one yet), How late in the game is Route 13, And does going without an electric pokemon until wherever I am in the story at the Lost Hotel a bad thing or a good thing.

Can someone please help me out? I'd rather not continue until I make a decision.

Re: Shiny pokemon

Someone on reddit found a shiny Goomy. It's white with blue cheek spots. Looks lovely.

I'm breeding a Japanese Female Furfrou and a German Male Furfrou in hopes of hatching a Shiny Furfrou. Did the Masuda Method continue into Generation VI and are the chances of getting a Shiny Furfrou this way more likely than searching on Route 5?

Connecting to internet--HELP

Help! I can't connect my pokemon y to the internet for some reason. My DS says that my internet connection works and every other electronic device works but for some reason my game cartridge won't connect to the wifi. I get the 001-0502 error code. I haven't been connected yet. Anyone else have this issue? How do I fix it.

3 things:
a. how are people getting money? I am BROKE (in Y) Part of the reason I'm out of money, I guess is that I'm buying Pokeballs. Only regular ones, of course (I think I bought like 2 great balls) and potions sometimes and just not really earning any $$. But still, its not like I'm buying them like mad. I actually have some guys in the daycare that I doubt very much Ill be able to afford to get out.

b. more than I am broke, I am completely lost. After getting the 1st badge, I trained for awhile & have been catching Pokemon.... I did a bit of the storyline (something with a Snorlax) & I haven't been able to get A.N.Y.W.H.E.R.E! Its either the road closures or the big boulders in the caves...

I have searched the entire web! I have asked virtually everybody! I have gone around in circles for the past 3 or 4 days and I am not kidding you, I find NOTHING. Nowhere to go. Right now I'm kind of wandering around Route 5/Lumiose City/all around there. Its actually getting to be pretty upsetting because of how long I've been lost. HELP? If I could just find either the 2nd gym or at least a place to explore that wont lead to a dead end...

3 things:
a. how are people getting money? I am BROKE (in Y) Part of the reason I'm out of money, I guess is that I'm buying Pokeballs. Only regular ones, of course (I think I bought like 2 great balls) and potions sometimes and just not really earning any $$. But still, its not like I'm buying them like mad. I actually have some guys in the daycare that I doubt very much Ill be able to afford to get out.

b. more than I am broke, I am completely lost. After getting the 1st badge, I trained for awhile & have been catching Pokemon.... I did a bit of the storyline (something with a Snorlax) & I haven't been able to get A.N.Y.W.H.E.R.E! Its either the road closures or the big boulders in the caves...

I have searched the entire web! I have asked virtually everybody! I have gone around in circles for the past 3 or 4 days and I am not kidding you, I find NOTHING. Nowhere to go. Right now I'm kind of wandering around Route 5/Lumiose City/all around there. Its actually getting to be pretty upsetting because of how long I've been lost. HELP? If I could just find either the 2nd gym or at least a place to explore that wont lead to a dead end...

Past the snot lax go through the cave and follow the grassy path down to the next town.

THanks. Do you know what city that was? Or route? I've been all around so many places I cant think where that was. So do you mean that if I continue on to wherever that Snorlax thing was, theres definitely a way to continue on, not something that cant be done at this point, like without an HM or something?

Past the snot lax go through the cave and follow the grassy path down to the next town.[/QUOTE]

THanks. Do you know what city that was? Or route? I've been all around so many places I cant think where that was. So do you mean that if I continue on to wherever that Snorlax thing was, theres definitely a way to continue on, not something that cant be done at this point, like without an HM or something?

Past the snot lax go through the cave and follow the grassy path down to the next town.
[/QUOTE]

Did you awaken the snorlax? If you did go past the ridge, past the day care to the cave. Use the upper entrance. And continue down tha path to the next town. If you didn't awaken the snorlax you need to do that by going to get the pokelute in the castle north of the snorlax.

Re: Shiny pokemon

I made an account just to post here! :)

My brother literally just caught a shiny litleo! check it out!

photo.JPG

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom