• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Ok, does anybody know if the poffins you give your pokemon make a difference in how much faster a pokemon likes you? Like favorite flavors for certain personalities? Also can someone explain the purpose of the supper training or how to get the most out of it. I have a pidgeot with weak Sp. Att. and was trying to raise it's sp. att. but it didn't change anything battle wise...am I doing something wrong? Is using the actual training better than using the bags?

I read somewhere that in XY the maximum a EV stat could be trained to was dropped from 252 to a slightly lower number, although I cannot remember what it was. Is this true?
Maybe it was dropped from 255 to 252? Not sure if the total is still 510 for EV's but after I maxed out two of my stats I was able to do 6 more EV's on another stat.

Re: Connecting to internet--HELP

1) We've seen all the Megas, right? I assume so but just making sure.

2) Do E4 rematches have higher levels/more Pokemon?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone know?

Also: any more legendaries aside from XYZ, Mewtwo and the Gen I Birds?

Training before the league

I've just got past Victory Road in Y, which was a massive pain because all of my Pokemon are under level 60, so repels were practically useless. I was even having trouble on the regular trainers, which are above that. Because of this, I don't think I'll have much luck with the Elite Four the way my party is now. Is there any possible way to quickly get Xp without having to painfully grind it against wild pokemon in victory road?

Here's some details of my party.
20131016_191641.jpg

Chesnaught
Overgrow

Wood Hammer
Frenzy Plant
Rock Tomb
Poison Jab

Blastoise
Torrent

Surf
Waterfall
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam

Lucario
Steadfast

Power-Up Punch
Swords Dance
Aura Sphere
Shadow Claw

Yveltal
Dark Aura

Fly
Oblivion Wing
Dragon Claw
Dark Pulse

Blaziken
Speed Boost

Bulldoze
Low Sweep
Blaze Kick
Flame Charge

Kangaskhan
Doesn't matter, It's an HM slave.

Re: Training before the league

I've just got past Victory Road in Y, which was a massive pain because all of my Pokemon are under level 60, so repels were practically useless. I was even having trouble on the regular trainers, which are above that. Because of this, I don't think I'll have much luck with the Elite Four the way my party is now. Is there any possible way to quickly get Xp without having to painfully grind it against wild pokemon in victory road?

Here's some details of my party.
View attachment 90979

Chesnaught
Overgrow

Wood Hammer
Frenzy Plant
Rock Tomb
Poison Jab

Blastoise
Torrent

Surf
Waterfall
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam

Lucario
Steadfast

Power-Up Punch
Swords Dance
Aura Sphere
Shadow Claw

Yveltal
Dark Aura

Fly
Oblivion Wing
Dragon Claw
Dark Pulse

Blaziken
Speed Boost

Bulldoze
Low Sweep
Blaze Kick
Flame Charge

Kangaskhan
Doesn't matter, It's an HM slave.

Out of curiosity, do you have the Exp. Share on?

where can i submit edit changes to the bulbagarden pages?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone know?

According to Serebii, there are no changes to the E4 teams in their rematches. There are also no additional legendaries outside of the ones you listed.

Not sure about the Mega Evolution question, though, but from what I can find online, they've all been found.

Re: Shiny pokemon

I guess someone was making a compilation some posts earlier so I'll add mine. (Sorry for the bad quality)
P9030028.JPG P9050030-001.JPG

Made a new compilation! I'll add Aromatisse, the clearer Spritzee, and Pinsir in a bit. Still missing a bit though
YNLWoQW.png

Where do I find TM85 (Dream Eater)?

Recently nabbed me a Shiny Haunter while catching some 'mons for Wonder Trade. 'Twas a wonderful moment! :)

Was looking for a Skiddo on Route 5 and found a shiny one! I used one Tackle and got the HP down to about 3/4 and then didn't dare touch it more in case of critical hits. So I had a Plusle I caught use Thunder Wave on it and caught it with the second Poké Ball.

I ordinarily don't like shiny colour schemes but both Skiddo and Gogoat have quite nice ones so I think I will be using this one on my play-through.

I have a simple question.

I deposited my Furfrou to rotate it for a gym battle and it lost its haircut! Now that makes me pretty ticked seeing as I have to go all the way back to re-clip it! Is this a glitch or does it happen on purpose? I'm not against having Furfrou in my team all the time but there are times where I need to rotate and I'd like to not have to keep going back to give it haircuts (I don't have Fly yet...) :( Has this happened to anyone else?

I have yet to encounter a shiny in a Pokemon game. I just have bad luck I guess. :'(

I just got Y.

I just got pokemom y and i think its pretty good. Do you guys have any tips for it??

Where do I find TM85 (Dream Eater)?

Battle Maison Prize, costs 48 BP.

I have a simple question.

I deposited my Furfrou to rotate it for a gym battle and it lost its haircut! Now that makes me pretty ticked seeing as I have to go all the way back to re-clip it! Is this a glitch or does it happen on purpose? I'm not against having Furfrou in my team all the time but there are times where I need to rotate and I'd like to not have to keep going back to give it haircuts (I don't have Fly yet...) :( Has this happened to anyone else?

Unfortunately this happens to all Furfrou that get deposited into a box. :/ I decided not to give mine any more haircuts after I found that out, because I rotated my team too often.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone know?

According to Serebii, there are no changes to the E4 teams in their rematches. There are also no additional legendaries outside of the ones you listed.

Not sure about the Mega Evolution question, though, but from what I can find online, they've all been found.

Thank you, appreciate it.

Question about the clothing in the game

So in the Boutique in Lumiose City, there were a few NPCs scattered around inside the building right? I go in there again later, and right now there's a man, a PokeMart salesman it seems, who is talking about the seasons.

He states,
"Spring, summer, autumn, and winter.
We have the latest pieces for every season!
Do enjoy shopping with us."

So, I became confused if the seasons did change or not, though it does not appear as it would since multiple routes seem to already invoke some sort of season within them. However, because of this man I still question if the clothing options will change from literal season to season depending on real time or not.

Are there any guides yet that could confirm this? I cannot find any, and it's something that's bothering me now x-x

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom