• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

So Bulbapedia told me that Medicham can learn Fire Punch, Thunder Punch and Ice Punch by levelling, to be exact it learns them at level 1.

Medicham (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

So now I'm asking myself, how should this work? I mean, I can't really get a level 1 medicham, can I? And how can Medicham have seven attacks it would learn at level 1?

Super Training and EV training

Ok... I've been doing some research and reading but I'm still confused. I just started playing pokemon again and I picked up pokemon Y. I have no experience with EV training and I've been trying to understand it. From what I think I've learned, each pokemon has an EV yield that, when defeated, those points go to the pokemon. 4 EV points = 1 point for an attribute stat.

Am I right so far?

Then, each pokemon has attributes that it excels at. This is where I get confused.

I guess I just need a better explanation...

To confuse me further, now there is a super training function that you can max out two stats... So can someone help me understand this.

I have a level 27 Fletchinder that I've super trained in attack and speed. I battled him and when he leveled up his stats went up something like 2/1/1/1/2.

Shouldn't those stats have gone up way higher? Or am I supposed to only battle him against pokemon with a high EV yield for attack or speed? I just need someone to give me an example of what to do.

I also have a lvl 5 Scraggy. How would I EV train him?

Re: Shiny pokemon

I just caught a shiny Crawdaunt in a Safari. :ksmile:

But encountering shinies always makes me nervous, even if I'm perfectly prepared. I'm always afraid I'm going to screw up and fail to catch it and then hate myself.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

When evolving sligoo, does "while raining" mean you have to find a location where it is currently raining and level it? Because mine is now 55 and every level since 50 it has leveled during rain dance and definitly not evolved.

Sadly, it has to be the normal rain. Speaking of which, I also want to evolve my Sligoo, but I can't find any city with rain :( Any help?

I've found that several places have different weather on different days (particularly saw rain in the western area), so it might just involve doing a bit of traveling around and seeing where it's raining :/

When evolving sligoo, does "while raining" mean you have to find a location where it is currently raining and level it? Because mine is now 55 and every level since 50 it has leveled during rain dance and definitly not evolved.

Sadly, it has to be the normal rain. Speaking of which, I also want to evolve my Sligoo, but I can't find any city with rain :( Any help?

I've found that several places have different weather on different days (particularly saw rain in the western area), so it might just involve doing a bit of traveling around and seeing where it's raining :/

Yeah, I traded it over to my boyfriend cause he hadn't done the area around the "haunted house" yet (it's always raining by default there I guess. I spent a while last night running around trying to find rain in my game and nowhere was it raining...but I do finally have my goodra!

I think it should be noted that it has to be raining locally, not rain from rain dance to evolve sligoo on the wiki once it gets rolling on the gen 6 stuff.

What legendary should I use the Master Ball on? I caught Yveltal with an Ultra Ball and I was thinking of using the Master Ball on Mewtwo whenever I encounter it. Are there any other legendaries you can catch post game?

I'm sorry if this was already asked, but do wild pokemon in Gen 6 (in the main game world, not in the friend safari or anything like that) have a small chance of having their hidden ability? I encountered a wild Scraggy on Route 5 with Intimidate (I knew because there's always a notification for Intimidate). It was in a horde battle and it was the only one of the bunch with Intimidate. Overall I've probably encountered 30 or so Scraggy's, but only one if them used Intimidate. I didn't think anything of it at first and I just ran away.

Now both bulbapedia and serebii list Intimidate as Scraggy's hidden. So...either one of two possibilities. Intimidate has been reassigned as one of Scraggy's normal abilities in Gen 6 (unlikely as you would expect roughly half of all wild Scraggy's to have it, but I've only seen 1 out of about 30), or wild pokemon in Gen 6 now have a small chance of having their hidden ability. Can anybody confirm or deny this? If so, does anybody have any guesses as to the odds that a random wild pokemon will have its hidden ability now? I hope it's something relatively common like 1/50, because if it's something crazy like 1/10,000, I passed up a huge opportunity not catching that Scraggy!

I'm sorry if this was already asked, but do wild pokemon in Gen 6 (in the main game world, not in the friend safari or anything like that) have a small chance of having their hidden ability? I encountered a wild Scraggy on Route 5 with Intimidate (I knew because there's always a notification for Intimidate). It was in a horde battle and it was the only one of the bunch with Intimidate. Overall I've probably encountered 30 or so Scraggy's, but only one if them used Intimidate. I didn't think anything of it at first and I just ran away.

Now both bulbapedia and serebii list Intimidate as Scraggy's hidden. So...either one of two possibilities. Intimidate has been reassigned as one of Scraggy's normal abilities in Gen 6 (unlikely as you would expect roughly half of all wild Scraggy's to have it, but I've only seen 1 out of about 30), or wild pokemon in Gen 6 now have a small chance of having their hidden ability. Can anybody confirm or deny this? If so, does anybody have any guesses as to the odds that a random wild pokemon will have its hidden ability now? I hope it's something relatively common like 1/50, because if it's something crazy like 1/10,000, I passed up a huge opportunity not catching that Scraggy!
Pokemon in Hoardes and the Friend Safari can have their Hidden Abilities, but normal wild Pokemon encounters can't I dont think.

Re: Super Training and EV training

Ok... I've been doing some research and reading but I'm still confused. I just started playing pokemon again and I picked up pokemon Y. I have no experience with EV training and I've been trying to understand it. From what I think I've learned, each pokemon has an EV yield that, when defeated, those points go to the pokemon. 4 EV points = 1 point for an attribute stat.

Am I right so far?
Yes, that is correct. Also keep in mind that any experience gain, i.e. from Exp. Share or catching Pokemon, would also give EVs.
Then, each pokemon has attributes that it excels at. This is where I get confused.

I guess I just need a better explanation...

To confuse me further, now there is a super training function that you can max out two stats... So can someone help me understand this.
Super Training is a new function introduced in the game to help out with EV training. Points that you get from Super Training are also EVs, if you observe that Pokemon that do not do Super Training can become Fully Trained.

What is meant by "maxing out two stats" is...all Pokemon have a limit of 510 EVs they can get. Also each stat is limited to receiving 252 EVs. You can spread out your EVs however you like, but when focused the most you can are able to do is max out two stats (252 + 252 = 504) and have 6 EVs left over.
I have a level 27 Fletchinder that I've super trained in attack and speed. I battled him and when he leveled up his stats went up something like 2/1/1/1/2.

Shouldn't those stats have gone up way higher? Or am I supposed to only battle him against pokemon with a high EV yield for attack or speed? I just need someone to give me an example of what to do.

I also have a lvl 5 Scraggy. How would I EV train him?
In previous generations, stat gains from EVs are applied when they level up (massive stat gain) This had the drawback of preventing level 100 Pokemon from being EV trained since they are unable to level up anymore. I think this time around stat gains from EV training are applied upon getting those EVs, though not all at once I think.

Depending on how you want Scraggy to be (fast strong attacker, bulky high HP tank, etc.) would dictate the moveset and EVs you would give him. Sorry it's a bit of a vague answer, but this is where your personal preference goes in to make a Pokemon and a team that's unique to you.

How your friend being online at the same time as you friend safari effect Hidden abilities?

Does it:

A increase a existing chance?
B create a chance?
C change a chance to a guarantee?
D Make a guarantee when there was no chance?

What legendary should I use the Master Ball on? I caught Yveltal with an Ultra Ball and I was thinking of using the Master Ball on Mewtwo whenever I encounter it. Are there any other legendaries you can catch post game?
One of the legendary birds and Zygarde are the others. Zygarde is easy to catch from my experience, and the bird you need to find 12 times before you can battle it. Mewtwo was very hard to catch (I'm lucky, mine had near-perfect IV's), but it's your choice.

Where to find mega stones.

Ive looked a ton of plases but cant find the ones for wawile or scizor,any help?

Re: Super Training and EV training

So let me try to make sense of all this. I take my level 5 scraggy and super train him in attack and, say, sp. Def. Then after his base stats are maxed I battle him against other pokemon. But in order to maximize outcome, I should battle him against a pokemon with an attack EV yield on 2 or 3 and/or sp. Def of 2 or 3, essentially the highest yield I can find. Then, as he levels up his attack and sp. Def should begin to max out as I near lvl 100. Correct? So vitamins, and belts and berries are no longer important?

Re: Where to find mega stones.

Ive looked a ton of plases but cant find the ones for wawile or scizor,any help?

The Mawilite is found on the 2nd floor of the Shabboneau Castle (it's right before you go through that arch, in the left corner). The Scizorite is right behind the Abomasnow in the Frozen Cavern.

How do you access the dream world?

How do I unlock the Looker sidequest?

Is there an easy way to get Moon Stones? Need about 8 of them at this point, plus another Thunder Stone. I know you could try and get them off Lunatone, but those are rare enough as it is.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom