• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: PokéRadar not functional in Y?

I've recently obtained this PokéRadar, but somehow i've never been able to use this thing.
Am I missing something by any chance... anything specific that needs to be done before being able to use it?

Whenever I try to use it in Grass fields I keep getting the following message:
"Mom's words echoed... R3zonance! There's a time and place for everything! But not now."

What am I overseeing or anyone has experienced this as well?
Make sure that you're not on the Bicycle or have roller skates on, so you need to use the D-pad to move around when using the PokéRadar.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

So besides Aura Sphere, Surf, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Ice Beam - what else has been weakened?

So besides Aura Sphere, Surf, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Ice Beam - what else has been weakened?
There's also:
Blizzard, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Hydro Pump, Leaf Storm, Meteor Mash, Muddy Water, Overheat, aaand Thunder. *whew*

source: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y - Updated Attacks

Thanks. Don't really see the need to weaken moves.

Does anyone know how to find a Banette? From what I gather you're supposed to check the shaking bins in the Pokemon Village on a Thursday, but I keep finding nothing but Garbodor.

Do the bins have to be empty before Thursday starts or something? Or is the Pokemon inside set in stone and can't be altered by soft resets, like the Hidden Grottos were?

Weather change times?

Specifically regarding Rain. Read that using sweet scent too often causes it to rain and this was done to limit hidden ability farming, but it's also a hindrance to those of us using hoards to EV train. Does anybody know how long it takes for the rain to go away in a general area?

With a power item it takes me only 10 fights to reach 250 EV thanks to the hoards. Really not looking forward to the old method of hunting down individuals. :boom:

Re: Question to XY Breeders

I can confirm that all pokemon caught from the safari have 2 capped IVs, at least. You can check the IVs in the pokemon center in the same town. There is a person who will judge a pokemon and he should read off 2 stats followed by a comment about how they "couldn't be better". Ditto can be found in some safari (including my own) that have 2 capped stats great for breeders. Some further breeding changes would be that "Everstone" seems to have a 100% chance of passing down the holders nature now. Power items work in conjunction with "Destiny Bond", so it's even easier now to get the stats needed on a parent or two.

And to save you a bit of googling, if your friend is online at the same time as you then there's a 50% chance that the pokemon in there safari will have their hidden ability. With Ditto having 2 capped stats if you can get one that has a capped HP stat and its hidden ability then you got yourself a gold ribbon right there. Just something extra you may stumble across while Ditto farming. :naughty:

Can you get an Old Amber by Rock Smash as soon as you beat Team Flare, or do you have to wait until you beat the league?

I've got 2 sort of unrelated questions - my game got restarted. I wasn't all THAT far into it anyhow. But anyway, I want to find a Pokemon other than Bunnelby with Pickup so that I can try to get some "stuff" since I really just am starting from scratch , got nothing, low on patience.

I really cant stand that pedo-looking evolved form of Bunnelby. (not sure what his name is). Like, he is so creepy that I am literally trying to avoid having one altogether LOL. Is that wrong? So I may do the Press B thing when it comes time.....but anyway, I was wondering - I have been trying & trying & trying to figure this out on my own by watching but just...I cannot tell.

Does the Pokemon that has the ability Pickup need to
a. be in a battle with another Pokemon to get something
b. will it pick stuff up just by walking?
c. so far I have only gotten 1 badge - is there anybody other than Bunnelby who sometimes carries that ability? I know Zigzaagoons have it but as of yet I haven't come across any.

Does anyone have anything that they wish they had done early on in the game so that now that I am here, maybe I could do/not do those things? I have to say, I am quite lost. I have been trying to do some trading & wonder trading but with integrity. I refuse to be the guy (gal) who trades crud. So if I Do do a wonder trade, & the poke that I have is kind of mehhh I'll at least stick a good item on it. That way I can live with myself.

AND lastly, what is the best, clearest, most comprehensive walkthrough you have found? There are many but some kind of .... yeah.

I've got 2 sort of unrelated questions - my game got restarted. I wasn't all THAT far into it anyhow. But anyway, I want to find a Pokemon other than Bunnelby with Pickup so that I can try to get some "stuff" since I really just am starting from scratch , got nothing, low on patience.

I really cant stand that pedo-looking evolved form of Bunnelby. (not sure what his name is). Like, he is so creepy that I am literally trying to avoid having one altogether LOL. Is that wrong? So I may do the Press B thing when it comes time.....but anyway, I was wondering - I have been trying & trying & trying to figure this out on my own by watching but just...I cannot tell.

c. so far I have only gotten 1 badge - is there anybody other than Bunnelby who sometimes carries that ability? I know Zigzaagoons have it but as of yet I haven't come across any. .

Pickup (Ability) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia - There are a few more, but those two are the only two you'll find right now.

According to this it's all about battle, though the pokémon doesn't have to participate - although I seem to recall having a few items picked up when running through grass while repel was in effect. Could be mis-remembering, though.

I have not found Press B to work in this gen, so be cautious. If you keep Exp share OFF you shouldn't have an evolution problem. (And honestly, my experience having it OFF was much more rewarding than having it on).

Can you get an Old Amber by Rock Smash as soon as you beat Team Flare, or do you have to wait until you beat the league?

Yes, you can get one at that cave after encountering Team Flare. ;-)

Need help, MISSINGNO. freezing game too often!

So I've been trying to do a glitch run of Pokemon Yellow, but I'm having trouble with MissingNo. not freezing the game! I know that it can freeze the game 4/5 times, but 23 times in a row is making me think that something else is making it freeze. Is there another way to get 128 Master Balls/Rare Candies that freezes the game far less often? Preferably with a 0% chance.

c. so far I have only gotten 1 badge - is there anybody other than Bunnelby who sometimes carries that ability? I know Zigzaagoons have it but as of yet I haven't come across any. .

Pickup (Ability) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia - There are a few more, but those two are the only two you'll find right now.

According to this it's all about battle, though the pokémon doesn't have to participate - although I seem to recall having a few items picked up when running through grass while repel was in effect. Could be mis-remembering, though.

I have not found Press B to work in this gen, so be cautious. If you keep Exp share OFF you shouldn't have an evolution problem. (And honestly, my experience having it OFF was much more rewarding than having it on).

Press B still works, I did it on my Riolu back when it first tried evolving. It might help to press it repeatedly until the evolution cancels, though, since the exact window where it will respond is a bit weird.

customization preview tune...

so at one point in the game, I was changing outfits after having gotten some new additions to the wardrobe. but when I confirmed for the preview of said appearance, I got a different jingle instead of the usual one, and the background glitters were different.

anyone else come across something like that?

Re: customization preview tune...

so at one point in the game, I was changing outfits after having gotten some new additions to the wardrobe. but when I confirmed for the preview of said appearance, I got a different jingle instead of the usual one, and the background glitters were different.

anyone else come across something like that?

It has to do with the tags of the clothes you wear. When you're customizing, you'll notice that certain items may have different colours or patterns on their tags. If you wear several items from the same tag set, you'll get a specialized response.

Has anyone tried breeding for 6 perfect stats? My way of thinking was that if you ignore nature (hence no everstone), you can let one parent hold destiny knot and one parent hold a power item. The power item guarantees one IV while destiny knot passes down the other 5. If anyone can confirm this that be great.

1. Has anyone had communications issues in the game's online features? If I try to use any of them, they work fine, but then I get disconnected after exactly 1 minute with a "Communication with the server was interrupted" error. No matter what I'm doing, whether it be the GTS or even simply leaving the PSS open, I'll get a communication error after a set amount of time.
Maybe it's my college's internet, but the rest of the 3DS' online stuff works perfectly fine. I also didn't have any problems with getting the event Torchic.

2. Does anyone know any good spots to EXP grind or money grind in the post game?

2. Does anyone know any good spots to EXP grind or money grind in the post game?

The three star restaurant in Luminoise City is great for grinding. It is expensive to get in, $100,000 in fact, but you can rack in lots of XP and sell the mushrooms you get at the end for about a $130,000, giving a $30,000 profit and a bunch of XP. You'll need Pokemon in the 70's to make it possible though.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom