• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I have noticed that some new Pokémon have really high quality artwork (for example, Chespin), while others have pictures of lesser quality (but still good, for example Doublade). What is the cause of this difference? And will all Pokémon eventually get these high quality pictures?

So when you breed a Ditto with a male Hidden Ability Pokemon, there seems to be a fairly high chance the resulting child will also have the hidden ability.

However, from countless breeding, I have yet to find a female Froakie from breeding this way. My question is, can a female with a Hidden Ability arise from a Ditto + Male HA Pokemon? If anyone has done this, I'd like to know. It's a 1:7 ratio to get a female starter and I have seen none except when I don't breed with a Ditto and a male HA Pokemon.

QUESTION: How can I see the country of origin of a pokémon I've gotten through Wonder Trade? I swear I found something like that once but I can't find it again.

I have noticed that some new Pokémon have really high quality artwork (for example, Chespin), while others have pictures of lesser quality (but still good, for example Doublade). What is the cause of this difference? And will all Pokémon eventually get these high quality pictures?

What are you talking about? Are you talking about the game or Bulbapedia? If you have questions about Bulbapedia I think you should ask in the forum sections about it since this is a forum for the game and your question isn't so clear. If that's what you're talking about, I assume it's just a matter of time until better quality pictures that aren't fanart (such as scans from official guides) become available. If it's in the game, I haven't noticed any different other than personal preference over the designs.

I'm sorry, I was talking about Bulbapedia. I hyperlinked Chespin and Doublade as an example of what I meant. Thank you for your answer, I didn't know the pictures on Bulbapedia depended on scans. I thought maybe Game Freak or Nintendo released them.
Thanks again!

I'm sorry, I was talking about Bulbapedia. I hyperlinked Chespin and Doublade as an example of what I meant. Thank you for your answer, I didn't know the pictures on Bulbapedia depended on scans. I thought maybe Game Freak or Nintendo released them.
Thanks again!

It's not just scans, that was an example I gave. It depends on official images that have good enough quality. Up until a couple of days before the game was released we didn't know about most of the new pokémon and it was only released a couple of weeks ago. There's probably a lot of material that hasn't been released yet so for pokémon that aren't the starters for example, they have to make do with what we have so far. At least, that's what I assume. If you want to know for sure I think the right place to ask about this is here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f195/.

Hey guys, have you any good ideas where to train my pokemon except in the poke league? This guys give way too few exp...

So when you breed a Ditto with a male Hidden Ability Pokemon, there seems to be a fairly high chance the resulting child will also have the hidden ability.

However, from countless breeding, I have yet to find a female Froakie from breeding this way. My question is, can a female with a Hidden Ability arise from a Ditto + Male HA Pokemon? If anyone has done this, I'd like to know. It's a 1:7 ratio to get a female starter and I have seen none except when I don't breed with a Ditto and a male HA Pokemon.

I have indeed acquired a female froakie with Protean with Ditto + male froakie. The chances are slim but it's possible.

QUESTION: How can I see the country of origin of a pokémon I've gotten through Wonder Trade? I swear I found something like that once but I can't find it again.

Next to the pokemon's name in the PC box, if it's foreign, there will be an abbreviation of the country of origin (ex. GER = Germany JAP = Japan)

Hey guys, have you any good ideas where to train my pokemon except in the poke league? This guys give way too few exp...

Restaurant Le Wow's triple battle meal with Exp. O-power on.

I've actually started receiving females, but they were both Torrent. It seems like the rate of passing the Hidden Ability is fairly high though.

Yeah, passing on the HA isn't too hard. My first female had Protean and it wasn't until around my 5th female did it have Torrent.

If you fight enough in Chateau you can get some awesome opponents (including gym leaders, etc.). Sending out writs will raise levels and numbers of people who appear. If you're Marquis or above you'll see Furisode girls, they ALWAYS are Marchioness and above and have teams of Audino - if you turn on EXP share and EXP o-power, you'll rake in piles from them.

Is there any way to get a Leftovers (other than via Pick Up)?

I registered a person's friend code but their Friend Safari sin't appearing! What am I doing wrong?!?!?!

I registered a person's friend code but their Friend Safari sin't appearing! What am I doing wrong?!?!?!

You have to be mutually registered, so you both have to have each other's friend codes. And I think you both have to have a game as well.

Next to the pokemon's name in the PC box, if it's foreign, there will be an abbreviation of the country of origin (ex. GER = Germany JAP = Japan)

I'm preeeeetty sure that's not the country of origin, but instead the language of the save file that the Pokémon was caught in. (So if I my region were set to the UK on my 3DS and I booted up Pokémon Y in French, a Pokémon caught in that save file would be originally from the UK, but the language abbreviation would be "FRE" because my save file was in French.) As of now I don't think there's a way to determine a Pokémon's country of origin in the games.

I've been looking up on the Internet for awhile, and been smashing rocks, and used the Dowsing Machine to look for hidden items, but...

I CANNOT FIND A FLYING GEM ANYWHERE!

Where can I find the darn Flying Gem? I can't seem to find it anywhere! Is it even in the game?

From what I can find, only the Normal Gem can be found in XY.

Is there any way to get a Leftovers (other than via Pick Up)?

Route 12.

You have to be mutually registered, so you both have to have each other's friend codes. And I think you both have to have a game as well.

As far as I know your friend dont needs the game, but if he dont has it you wont be able to find Pokemon with hidden abilitys and only 2 Pokemon...

Are there any NPCs that will buy items at inflated prices like the ore guy in Icirrus City?

Those NPCs don't exist in XY as far as I can tell; I didn't run into any during my play through, and I can't find anything online that would suggest they exist in the games.

Are the 28 currently known Mega Evolutions all of the Mega Evolutions or are there still unconfirmed ones left.

is there any reason why espurr looks like it was in world war two and help captive by the opposition

What's the benefit of having Aegislash over Eviolite!Doublade? I haven't evolved my Doublade yet for two reasons: 1. I don't have a Dusk Stone anyway and 2. I'm not sure if I should. My Doublade's Special Defense stat is abysmal (it's at level 51 and the stat is at 69, compared to a 181 Defense stat), and it still gets killed ridiculously easily by special attacks without Eviolite even though I've Super Trained it all I can. I'm not sure if the stat is supposed to be that way or if my Doublade has an absolutely terrible nature (it's Lax, if that helps). Would it get better if I evolved it to Aegislash or should I just not bother?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom