• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Can not trade Mega stones?

They probably are just using "they" in the singular, which tends to be acceptable when talking about something that could be either gender.
It's still technically a grammar error, because when you use "they" in a singular capacity you still need to conjugate it with plural verbs.

Hello

So ye i was reading reports that you can trade Mega stones. However when i tried to trade over Manectite to myself it said "this pokemon is holding a special item and can not be traded"

I am not using 2 3D's to trade this i am just using my own 3ds and putting put up a really lame pokemon for something i want to trade over. Has any one else been able to trade them over or is it just me?

Yeah, that's probably a GTS thing. In Generation IV and V you cannot deposit Pokemon with event ribbons on the GTS, but you can trade them with another player on your Friends roster (both locally and across the Internet).

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

If you are chaining for a shiny pokemon and see shining grass, can you save before entering it and if something goes wrong you can reset and find it again or does that not work?

Does X and Y have any of the "Shard Move Tutors"? I need them to teach moves to my Pokemon, if not, is there anyway to learn those moves otherwise, or do I have to use the ones in B2/W2 and wait for the Pokemon Bank to transfer them over?

No shard tutors, unfortunately; for pre-Gen VI Pokémon, you'll have to transport them from previous games with the move taught first before bringing them to XY.

If you are chaining for a shiny pokemon and see shining grass, can you save before entering it and if something goes wrong you can reset and find it again or does that not work?

I'd like to believe that doesn't work.

Froakie Egg Moves

Not much has been varified of the latest Protians egg moves. Has anybody stumbled upon them? So far Refresh, Earth Power, Power Gem nor Recover are an option, which is unfortunate sinse it could make use of a special earth attack. :(

Help with passing down abilities through breeding

I want to get a protean Froakie, and none of my friend safaris are Water type.
So I've been breeding my Greninja with an Impostor ditto.
However, egg after egg I keep getting regular ability Froakies!

I've been through 10 eggs.
Here are the arrangements I tried:

Greninja(m) Ditto(d)
Everstone None (I tried swapping the everstone, and removing it.)
Torrent Impostor
Adamant Rash

Froakie(f) Ditto(d)
None. Everstone
Torrent. Impostor
Rash. Rash

This alignment didn't even produce any eggs after 20 minutes of cycling back and forth!

Can someone tell me what is going on, and how passing down Hidden Abilities works in Gen VI?

Re: Help with passing down abilities through breeding

Greninja(m) Ditto(d)
Torrent Impostor
Adamant Rash

Froakie(f) Ditto(d)
None. Everstone
Torrent. Impostor
Rash. Rash

This alignment didn't even produce any eggs after 20 minutes of cycling back and forth!

Can someone tell me what is going on, and how passing down Hidden Abilities works in Gen VI?

I don't know for certain if it has changed in gen VI, but in previous gens, hidden abilities couldn't be passed down if breeding with a Ditto. Also everstones only passed down natures. It won't help with abilities.

Actually, an impostor Ditto could pass down hidden abilities.

Do you guys know if there is an alternate version of Mega Blastoise like there is an Mega Charizard X and a different one in Y? I keep checking everywhere and there is no hint of one :(

Greninja(m) Ditto(d)
Torrent Impostor
Adamant Rash

Froakie(f) Ditto(d)
None. Everstone
Torrent. Impostor
Rash. Rash

Though I can't really confirm or deny your claim, if an Imposter Ditto can pass down HA's, then no one would be hunting down any other typed safari online besides ditto.

But I do believe that if you're breeding with Ditto, I know that if you're breeding with an HA pokemon, there is a chance to pass down the HA regardless of gender. You're best bet is just to keep hunting down a water safari with Frogadiers.

Do you guys know if there is an alternate version of Mega Blastoise like there is an Mega Charizard X and a different one in Y? I keep checking everywhere and there is no hint of one :(
There is only one version of Blastoisinite, so there is only one Mega Blastoise.

I used the wonder trade and offered a Charmander. What I received was a male Froakie with the Protian ability. I've experimented with egg moves that might benifit its special sweeper options, but no luck so far. I do have a few Extra Protians if your looking for them. Message me with your friend code and mention the Froakie.

Edit: As for the Imposter ditto thing, it won't work. The only way to hatch an egg with Frokies Protian ability is for one of the parents to be a Froakie with that ability.

Last edited:
Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

So I was in the Frost Cavern and doing the double battle there when twice my pokemon had exclamation marks above their heads and I'm wondering why. I looked on Bulbapedia but didnt find anything.

I know this is a stupid question, but...

If you have a Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, and that Pokemon was Shiny, if you Mega Evolve it, will the Mega Evolution be Shiny?

I know this is a stupid question, but...

If you have a Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, and that Pokemon was Shiny, if you Mega Evolve it, will the Mega Evolution be Shiny?
Yes, yes it will. I'm waiting for my Shiny Aron and Absol from Black to come over here already. >_<

Re: Question. Double Battles.

So I was in the Frost Cavern in Pokemon X when during a double battle some of my pokemon got exclamtion marks above their heads in battle. Anyone know what that means??

I think it has something to do with Pokemon Amie. Had you played with those Pokemon in Amie before that battle?

Tips on breeding a Contrary Inkay? Egg groups? Can it be taught Hammer Arm through egg moves as well?

Greninja(m) Ditto(d)
Torrent Impostor
Adamant Rash

Froakie(f) Ditto(d)
None. Everstone
Torrent. Impostor
Rash. Rash

You'd benefit from this quote:
This could probably be put in another thread, but it is relevant to X and Y for me. When breeding two different Pokemon for the same egg group, can the male pass down the Hidden Ability trait to the offspring?
Example: Male Blastoise with Rain Dish mates with Female Greninja. Can Froakie inherit Protean because Greninja mated with a Blastoise that had it's Hidden Ability?

Breeding doesn't work like that. In order for the offspring to inherit a Hidden/Dream World ability, the female must be the one to have the H/DW ability as the offspring are the same species as w/e the female is. Now, if you have a male with a H/DW ability, in order to get another of it's species with a chance of passing on that ability, you'd need to breed it with ditto, as ditto breeding makes the offspring w/e the non-ditto parent's species is.

To note though, this only applies in X and Y, In Black/White and Black2/White2, breeding with ditto will ensure the offspring will never have a hidden ability.

I believe your folly is that you need a Protean Froakie to start with in order to get another. Imposter Ditto doesn't make offspring magically have the Dream World/Hidden Ability of w/e the other parent pokemon it's breeding with. So either get a Male Protean Froakie from someone and breed it with a Ditto (not sure if Imposter Ditto messes this mechanic up or not), or get a Female Protean Froakie and breed it with any other pokemon in it's egg group that's not Ditto.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

So Bulbapedia told me that Medicham can learn Fire Punch, Thunder Punch and Ice Punch by levelling, to be exact it learns them at level 1.

Medicham (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

So now I'm asking myself, how should this work? I mean, I can't really get a level 1 medicham, can I? And how can Medicham have seven attacks it would learn at level 1?

Moves "learned" at level 1 require the move re-learner to have the pokemon "remember" them.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom