• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Tips on breeding a Contrary Inkay? Egg groups? Can it be taught Hammer Arm through egg moves as well?

Inkay is in the water 1 and water 2 egg groups. As for Hammer Arm we don't know, since Swampert (the only Pokemon from those egg groups to learn it) is not available yet.

The only egg move of note so far is Destiny Bond, which may or may not be of use to you.

When small Pokemon pictures will be uploaded in Bulbapedia.

Last edited:

Does anyone know where I can find leftovers?

I remember running into a woman who would tell you memories your pokemon have with you like if you did super training with it, she would say something like "This pokemon had a tough training session, it was so scared" or it might remember when you caught another pokemon or beat a trainer. I can't find her anymore though, anyone know where she is?

Can someone pls help me I have a honedge with 4/6 IV outstanding which is perfect bcz it doesn’t need speed or sp attack but I also have another with 3/6 IV if I breed them will the eggs be almost always 4/6? If not then I don’t want to waste it and put it in daycare bcz it wont get evs. thanks

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

There are other forms of Missingno. that will not freeze the game at all in Yellow, the ghost and fossil Missingno. will not as their sprites are valid data in the game. In order to find them it's the same method as finding the "normal" Missingno. but your Pokemon will need to have the special stat of 182, 183, or 184. (The first will allow you to encounter a Kabutops Fossil Missingno., the second will allow you to encounter a Aerodactyl fossil Missingno., while the last one will allow you to find the Ghost Missingno.)

I remember running into a woman who would tell you memories your pokemon have with you like if you did super training with it, she would say something like "This pokemon had a tough training session, it was so scared" or it might remember when you caught another pokemon or beat a trainer. I can't find her anymore though, anyone know where she is?

She's in Anistar City right in front of the Pokemon Center.

Gamefreak, Hacking, Unobtainables. Kind of a LONG question

Hi. Been reading lots & lots of upset posts today about how the hackers have gotten to the GTS now. That does stink, quite a bit. My questions about it in a second but also I just wanted to ask if somebody could explain how it works with the long list of Unobtainables -

A. is there any method for how they decide which Pokemon will be unobtainable in a game?
B. do the unobtainable ones (not to be confused with Untouchables. Not to be confused with the other Untouchables. I was talking about the caste system thing. Derp) have anything in common? Like, is there a way to say that no _____ are to be found in X & Y?
C. What has to happen to get Pokemon from other games onto X or Y? Is the Pokebank the only option? I have yet to complete a dex.

OK so the other thing: Has there ever been any known action /measure taken by GameFreak (or Nintendo...I guess not them, they just publish the games, I guess?) to combat the hacking on the GTS? If so, do you know what? Seems to be a huge problem BUTTTTTTTTT not quite as big as the problem of jerks asking for such unobtainable Pokemon for their pieces of crap or average ones. THAT right there is my absolute #1 biggest complaint in all of Pokemonland. I think.

But I'm thinking that those who are doing it are not ALL total morons. I'm wondering if maybe there is something related to the hacking going on that has to do with Mr. Jerkface from Osaka asking for a level 90+ legendary for his Lotad.

Thanksssss. My FC for Y is 2122-6646-8487 or you can find me on a social networking site that begins with F under my name, Yaelle Glenn. Just tell her Yaelle sent you. what?
And part II of that is this: if you have a level 50 Pansear & I have a level 50 Pansear and yours is hacked & mine is legit - how are they different? Other than ethics lol.

Flareon Moves (question)

I have a question, it's been bugging me A LOT! Ok, so in the older versions even my Jolteon learned Double Kick, but why can't Flareon learn it in Pokemon X/Y? I plan to make an Eevee Evolution team and face the Elite Four with it, but I'll need Double Kick for the Steel's Probopass. Please help me :(

Re: Flareon Moves (question)

I have a question, it's been bugging me A LOT! Ok, so in the older versions even my Jolteon learned Double Kick, but why can't Flareon learn it in Pokemon X/Y? I plan to make an Eevee Evolution team and face the Elite Four with it, but I'll need Double Kick for the Steel's Probopass. Please help me :(
Has Flareon been able to use Double Kick before? I don't see him learning it from his learnset page. :/

Has Flareon been able to use Double Kick before? I don't see him learning it from his learnset page. :/

Yeah, Jolteon is the only Eeveelution that can learn Double Kick and it can learn it in X/Y. Flareon has never been able to learn it at any point.

Can I save and/or Quit in the middle of a fishing chain?

Does pokemon amie affect link battles?I know a pokemon can endure a hit and make criticals during the gameplay, but i dont know if it happens in link battles...

Does pokemon amie affect link battles?I know a pokemon can endure a hit and make criticals during the gameplay, but i dont know if it happens in link battles...

No it doesn't.

So, whenever i'm connected to the internet, i see a bunch of random people listed under "Passerby". Most of them are just the typical male or female player character with different hats and hair styles, but occasionally i see some specific NPC's face in there. Right now i can see one person's icon has Malva's face. How are they doing this? Is there some secret unlockable thing to make me look like these NPCs?

So, whenever i'm connected to the internet, i see a bunch of random people listed under "Passerby". Most of them are just the typical male or female player character with different hats and hair styles, but occasionally i see some specific NPC's face in there. Right now i can see one person's icon has Malva's face. How are they doing this? Is there some secret unlockable thing to make me look like these NPCs?
If you go to your profile, you can change your public icon. I don't think you can use E4 member icons and stuff until you finish the game though.

Mega Manectric, Minus/Plus?

Both Minus and Plus take effect when a pokemon with the opposite ability enters battle. Well, if your in a double battle with a Plus pokemon and you have Manectric with the Minus ability, what happens if you Mega Evolve Manectric and its ability changes to Intimidate? Does this negate the Plus/Minus bonus? Does the Plus pokemon keep their buff? Does Manectric lose the buff?

What if you have an Eevee with Max Happiness and level it up during the day (ie qualify for Espeon) but also it knows a Fairy move and has a max bond in Pokemon Amie (Sylveon)
Which one will Eevee evolve into? Is it always the same one or does the game pick between the 2?

Shiny Breeding Help needed

Okay, so in Pokemon X Version, I have a Japanese Ditto at the day-care with my Charizard.
So far a have literly hatched 4 PC Boxes worth of Charmander and not a single one of them had been shiny.
What am I doing wrong?

I believe you will have a Sylveon, because the Fairy side have priority(I guess).

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom