• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

This may seem off-topic, but it IS about X & Y.
I've been baby breeding all night. Got like 9 or 10 eggs in the past hour. All that running in & out of the nursery got me to thinking:

What the HELL is that man inside the daycare's deal?? He just stands there all day every day. Its kind of suspicious that she's in there with him all the time while her husband is relegated to the outside. By himself.
What does she see in him that's worth throwing her marriage away? The man has NO life, no career prospects, nothing going for him...! If he's got nothing better to do than loiter around inside a DAYCARE CENTER....which is exceptionally creepy, btw, she needs to be calling the police not sneaking off with him during the babies' naptime.
Just saying...

This post is the best. For some reason I just assumed he was their son who helped them out at the daycare... but I like your theory better.

I still think it's weird that you can still just walking into houses. Like, you just WALK IN THERE.

We need a doorbell feature in future games. It'd save me the time of walking into a house find out out about how much Random Male NPC likes walking his Weedle on Thursdays.

Nah, I like that. It makes the game seem more interactive and kind of makes it more of a challenge to figure out which NPC give you useful stuff and advice and which are just going to say random crap. I also like how some of the things NPCs say seem nonsensical at first but eventually turn out to be tied to major stuff and are sort of hints in a way.

Re: EV Mechanics Changed?

Has anyone else noticed that when you are training Pokemon via the Super Training, the last four EVs require you to do a third stat? Like, I was training an Abra in Speed & Special Attack, and I needed four EVs until it was fully maxed out; but, I was already maxed out with the previous state.

I dunno if it's a Gen. VI thing or not. Maybe it can be good...I wasn't sure if anyone has the same problem.

Stil, Super Training is pretty awesome. It might be slower than versing the same Pokemon again & again...but, maybe I'm used to the old way...
Yeah the EVs cap out at 252 now (before it was 255) giving you the freedom to just keep Super Training without having to worry about those 3 extra EVs. However I get 6 EVs left over after maxing out 2 stats so that is odd that you're getting 4 EVs.

Has anyone else noticed that when you are training Pokemon via the Super Training, the last four EVs require you to do a third stat? Like, I was training an Abra in Speed & Special Attack, and I needed four EVs until it was fully maxed out; but, I was already maxed out with the previous state.

I dunno if it's a Gen. VI thing or not. Maybe it can be good...I wasn't sure if anyone has the same problem.

Stil, Super Training is pretty awesome. It might be slower than versing the same Pokemon again & again...but, maybe I'm used to the old way...
Yeah the EVs cap out at 252 now (before it was 255) giving you the freedom to just keep Super Training without having to worry about those 3 extra EVs. However I get 6 EVs left over after maxing out 2 stats so that is odd that you're getting 4 EVs.

Nothing's changed about the number of EVs. It's always been a total of 252+252+6 (the most common EV spread) = 510 EVs for any pokemon. Note that while Super training does cap a stat at 252 EVs, regular EV training still doesn't. So it's best to keep track of EV numbers if you're doing it the traditional way.

My personal way is to use hoards with pokerus and power items and cap it with a bag. 5 hoards gets you 250 EVs and you can cap the last 2 EVs with a M or L stat bag.

The answer to this is probably obvious but just to check: do eeveelutions work like regular evolutions when breeding? That is, if I breed an eeveelution and a Ditto, I'll get an Eevee, right?

The answer to this is probably obvious but just to check: do eeveelutions work like regular evolutions when breeding? That is, if I breed an eeveelution and a Ditto, I'll get an Eevee, right?
That is correct. The egg will hatch into Eevee which is the first stage like all hatched Pokemon.

I have my friends' 3DS and I can't trade between his Y and my X. Every time we click on each others profiles on the passerby list, all the options are faded out, also both our icons are shaded black. Every time I select Trade on the PSS menu, I go to Infrared connection, the systems recognise each other, my 3DSXL says "Please wait until preparations are complete" then "The other player isn't available", however my friends 3DS says "Asking the passerby xxxx if they want to trade here".

Additional info:
He has Y on a 3DS, I have X on a 3DS XL.
I have 6 badges, he has 8.
We have traded before, as I gave him my team then started a new game.
This shouldn't be an internet problem since I have both 3DS' right next to each other.
He has my old profile registered as a friend.
I think the main problem is related to the fact both our player icons are darkened, and then the activity icons are faded out and clicking them does nothing.

I've never had a problem like this on a previous pokemon game, and I want to evolve a team member before I progress so any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

I've been trying to get on the Global Link website to register my copy of Y but I always have image display problems on there. The pages will be all or mostly white & there will be a message up top that says something like... failure to load images or something like that. Oh, and I mean this from the 3DS. I guess I couldn't do it via a computer browser? Tried that but it was umm...

On the website (via my PC) for Global Link, it says that you can send data from games. Does that mean a copy of a Pokemon game may be backed up there? Since I haven't been able to get the darn thing to work, I don't know. I have SO much that I don't want to lose on Y. Of course, the bank is coming out but even if I were to use that, what I would like would be something like a save file externally just as backup. Not totally sure GL offers that but it kind of seems like it.

On the other hand, I could theoretically get a 2nd memory card for safekeeping & back up a game to 2 cards, right? Even if I never find out what GL does or go & use it?

Hi again all. A couple of quick questions

- O Powers: is there any resource out there that explains how to level them, I've been using the exp power quite a bit tonight to work on my getting my axew and pawniard evolved and I haven't had it go up... Wondering if I missed something about it or if I am doing it wrong (quite possible)

- Is it imperative that I get everything in my first playthrough (as far as TMs go and maybe some specific pokemon) or will all that stuff be available in the next playthrough.

Thanks again for all the help

I need a little bit of help.

Acording to Smogon, Bulbapedia, and Serebii, Aegislash's base HP is 60.

Anyway, the minimum HP with a base HP stat of 60, with an IV of 31 is 261 stat in HP, right? So then, how many EVs do I need to get to a HP stat of 300?

I've been trying to get on the Global Link website to register my copy of Y but I always have image display problems on there. The pages will be all or mostly white & there will be a message up top that says something like... failure to load images or something like that. Oh, and I mean this from the 3DS. I guess I couldn't do it via a computer browser? Tried that but it was umm...

On the website (via my PC) for Global Link, it says that you can send data from games. Does that mean a copy of a Pokemon game may be backed up there? Since I haven't been able to get the darn thing to work, I don't know. I have SO much that I don't want to lose on Y. Of course, the bank is coming out but even if I were to use that, what I would like would be something like a save file externally just as backup. Not totally sure GL offers that but it kind of seems like it.

On the other hand, I could theoretically get a 2nd memory card for safekeeping & back up a game to 2 cards, right? Even if I never find out what GL does or go & use it?
GL doesn't back up your save, unfortunately. I believe there is a backup tool on the Eshop though

Is it possible to encounter Pokemon with hidden ability in Friend Safari if that particular friend is not online? Because I remember it happened to me once (Or maybe I was mistaken).

Is it possible to encounter Pokemon with hidden ability in Friend Safari if that particular friend is not online? Because I remember it happened to me once (Or maybe I was mistaken).

As long as the friend has beaten E4, you can get HA pokemon regardless of online status

That is correct. The egg will hatch into Eevee which is the first stage like all hatched Pokemon.

Thank you for confirming!

What if you have an Eevee with Max Happiness and level it up during the day (ie qualify for Espeon) but also it knows a Fairy move and has a max bond in Pokemon Amie (Sylveon)
Which one will Eevee evolve into? Is it always the same one or does the game pick between the 2?

Eevee is not required to have complete affection via amie in order to evolve into Sylveon.

I assume that because it has a Fairy type move, it would always evolve into Sylveon, and as such you'd have to ensure Eevee does not have any Fairy type moves in order to evolve into Espeon during the day.

This is totally random, but how do you pronounce Mawile?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Can someone explain to me what the freaking hell is going on with my game? I'm training my Alakazam, which is at level 81, and it has perfect Special Attack and Speed. 31 IVs and 252 EVs in both, and it has a Modest nature. The problem is that when I face Morimoto's goddamn monkeys (Simisear, Simipour and Simisage) ALL OF THEM SURVIVE TO MY PSYCHIC ATTACK. I mean, how come?! I'm 6 levels stronger than them, I have a monstrous Special Attack stat, I'm using a very powerful move which also receives STAB, and their health bar stops at YELLOW! I mean, I don't even get close to one-hit-KOing them!! I checked the monkeys' stats and, to top it all, it results that their Special Defense SUCK.

It's frustrating because when this happens, their special Berry activates and they single-handedly defeat my Alakazam with either Crunch or Payback, and I have to use like three or four Revives every time. I'm not complaining about this because I know Alakazam's Defense stat sucks. I'm complaining about the monkeys not being defeated after I use Psychic.

What the heck is going on???

I need a little bit of help.

Acording to Smogon, Bulbapedia, and Serebii, Aegislash's base HP is 60.

Anyway, the minimum HP with a base HP stat of 60, with an IV of 31 is 261 stat in HP, right? So then, how many EVs do I need to get to a HP stat of 300?

At Lv. 100, EV's contribution to the stat total can be calculated simply by dividing the EVs in a stat by 4. So to boost this Aegislash up to 300 from 261, you would need (300-261)*4=156 EVs.

I've noticed this just now. So each Pokemon has different animations for moves depending if they are a physical or special or status move. Like how Talonflame makes a swooping-turn animation when doing a physical attack but opening his beak and flapping his wings faster for a special attack.

Anyways, I've recently gotten a Zoroark that I've taught Grass Knot to. Now the game says that the move is in the special category, yet whenever she uses the move in battle, it plays the physical attack animation. Is this a glitch or is it somehow intended?

I've noticed this just now. So each Pokemon has different animations for moves depending if they are a physical or special or status move. Like how Talonflame makes a swooping-turn animation when doing a physical attack but opening his beak and flapping his wings faster for a special attack.

Anyways, I've recently gotten a Zoroark that I've taught Grass Knot to. Now the game says that the move is in the special category, yet whenever she uses the move in battle, it plays the physical attack animation. Is this a glitch or is it somehow intended?
Probably because Grass Knot makes contact with the opponent. Something I found out when looking up moves for Charizard X.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom