• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Question about Avatar personalization

I was connected to the Internet for some Wonder Trade, and some dude send me a Chespin, i was thankfull so i want to send some O-power, when i clicked in his avatar i see he has an Elite 4 Char as Avatar, how i can do this? i see gym leaders either, even i see some Trainers like Red from Pokemon Red...how can i change my generic avatar to look like theirs?

Re: Question about Avatar personalization

Go to PSS. Go to the menu that has Wondertrade, GTS, O-Power, ect. You'll see an icon for Profile so tap that. At the top you'll see your trainer name and icon so tap that. It'll bring you to the Select an Icon menu, and under Public Icon you can change it.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

How does one obtain Mega Evolution stones for different Pokemon (ex. if I want one for a Gengar)? Is it in a store or do I have to run around and talk to someone?

I can't find the Soothe Bell in my X game. Can someone help me?

Changing a traded Pokemon's Nickname.

I wasn't sure where to post this, so forgive me if it's in the wrong board. :/

Anyways, I have a Pokemon that's very important to me, caught when I was an 11-year-old child playing Pokemon Sapphire. It's the very first shiny Pokemon I ever caught, a beautiful shiny Swellow. She's won the master rank cool contest in Hoenn, been entered in the hall of fame for Hoenn, Sinnoh, AND Unova, and it just a very cool Pokemon overall. I like to imagine she's currently in retirement, but she's still sitting pretty on my Pokemon White cartridge, and I'll probably move her over to Pokemon Y when I get the chance.

Unfortunately, 11-year-old me was terrible at nicknames. Since it was my first shiny, I wanted to give it a nickname. Now, I don't know about you, but when I look back at the name Swellow has, I can't help but feel that "SHINY" in all caps wasn't the best choice for a name. Now, since she's been transferred over several times and it's impossible to get her back on my Sapphire cartridge, her name is permanently stuck with her.

So my question is this: is there any way, legitimate or illegitimate, to change her nickname? Even if I have to resort to using an *shudder* action replay... *shudder shudder* I'd do it. I really want to use Swellow again, for battling and what have you, but that nickname is just embarrassing.

Do wild Honedge ever carry duskstones?
and what about spritzee with the sachet ? And .... anyone else in XY who may need evolution items.

I kind of never really got around to evolving those. Not only that, but after all these weeks, I only just tonight decided that I wanted a male Pyroar. Guess how hard it is to find a wild male litleo?? omg!! So far, I have gone through countless wild Pokemon and about 12 female Litleo. I know 12 is not a lot but that's between all of the others that I run into.

Do wild Honedge ever carry duskstones?
and what about spritzee with the sachet ? And .... anyone else in XY who may need evolution items.

I kind of never really got around to evolving those. Not only that, but after all these weeks, I only just tonight decided that I wanted a male Pyroar. Guess how hard it is to find a wild male litleo?? omg!! So far, I have gone through countless wild Pokemon and about 12 female Litleo. I know 12 is not a lot but that's between all of the others that I run into.
I don't think they hold evolutionary items, I could be wrong though.

Re: Changing a traded Pokemon's Nickname.

I wasn't sure where to post this, so forgive me if it's in the wrong board. :/

Anyways, I have a Pokemon that's very important to me, caught when I was an 11-year-old child playing Pokemon Sapphire. It's the very first shiny Pokemon I ever caught, a beautiful shiny Swellow. She's won the master rank cool contest in Hoenn, been entered in the hall of fame for Hoenn, Sinnoh, AND Unova, and it just a very cool Pokemon overall. I like to imagine she's currently in retirement, but she's still sitting pretty on my Pokemon White cartridge, and I'll probably move her over to Pokemon Y when I get the chance.

Unfortunately, 11-year-old me was terrible at nicknames. Since it was my first shiny, I wanted to give it a nickname. Now, I don't know about you, but when I look back at the name Swellow has, I can't help but feel that "SHINY" in all caps wasn't the best choice for a name. Now, since she's been transferred over several times and it's impossible to get her back on my Sapphire cartridge, her name is permanently stuck with her.

So my question is this: is there any way, legitimate or illegitimate, to change her nickname? Even if I have to resort to using an *shudder* action replay... *shudder shudder* I'd do it. I really want to use Swellow again, for battling and what have you, but that nickname is just embarrassing.

As far as I know, there are no legitimate methods to rechristen a Pokémon once it's been transferred. However, if you really want to change it, I believe there are codes out there for the *whispers*Action Replay*whispers* that will let you change the name at the Name Rater. Just make sure to be careful.

Your problem is that you're looking for them in the wild. Now in the wild, infanticide/siblicide is pretty common amongst lions, so you're starting off there with not a lot. Females stay with their pride their entire lives, while the males go off once they begin to mature. It's hard out there for a young male lion trying to form his own pride, and many don't make it. I assume they simply carried that reality into the games to add to the overall realism we've gotten along with these 3D graphics. Your best bet would be to just breed for one, that way you don't run the risk of losing your young males to a newcomer adult male that would otherwise kill off the newborns so the female Pyroar would again enter estrus.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

This is really a pressing question to me. Tonight I bred TWO shinies - two! In one night! And atop that, I had found one in the wild a week or two ago. So that's 3 shinies in Pokemon Y alone. So needless to say, I'd freak out if anything happened to my save file.
I wanted to know if there's any way these games can be backed up to multiple memory cards, or maybe to a memory card and somewhere else. I dunno, external hard drive...?
I am scouring the internet for the answer to that but meanwhile I just wanted to ask here too while i'm busy having my shiny freak out.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I have another question. I'm trying to do the whole Entralink thing with a friend of mine. I have Black Version, and he has White Version. Whenever we use the Entralink feature, I can go visit him where he is, but when he enters the Entralink, he can't go where I am. Of course, we don't do this at the same time. Also, when I go to his White Forest, I can see people he can't see, and viceversa. There are also people who ask me if they can come to Black City with me, but there are some who don't ask this. I want to take the people I need in Black City to be able to buy the evolutionary stones, but those people either don't appear to me or don't ask me to come to Black City with me. What's happening?

Oh, and since no one answered this and I really need an answer, I'll leave it here again. Thanks!

Can someone explain to me what the freaking hell is going on with my game? I'm training my Alakazam, which is at level 81, and it has perfect Special Attack and Speed. 31 IVs and 252 EVs in both, and it has a Modest nature. The problem is that when I face Morimoto's goddamn monkeys (Simisear, Simipour and Simisage) ALL OF THEM SURVIVE TO MY PSYCHIC ATTACK. I mean, how come?! I'm 6 levels stronger than them, I have a monstrous Special Attack stat, I'm using a very powerful move which also receives STAB, and their health bar stops at YELLOW! I mean, I don't even get close to one-hit-KOing them!! I checked the monkeys' stats and, to top it all, it results that their Special Defense SUCK.

It's frustrating because when this happens, their special Berry activates and they single-handedly defeat my Alakazam with either Crunch or Payback, and I have to use like three or four Revives every time. I'm not complaining about this because I know Alakazam's Defense stat sucks. I'm complaining about the monkeys not being defeated after I use Psychic.

What the heck is going on???

Can anyone else confirm that a child pokemon can breed with it's parent? I just had a charmander breed with a ditto and the offspring was put back into the day care. I put it with the ditto who was the parent so I could level it and find it's stats. And after one run down the road an egg was made. when I ask the guy out front he says "The two don't seem to like each other". which means parents can breed with offspring. Has this always been the case or is this only with dittos?

Is it possible to breed a tyrunt to have the 3 elemental fangs as well as poison fang?

Can anyone else confirm that a child pokemon can breed with it's parent? I just had a charmander breed with a ditto and the offspring was put back into the day care. I put it with the ditto who was the parent so I could level it and find it's stats. And after one run down the road an egg was made. when I ask the guy out front he says "The two don't seem to like each other". which means parents can breed with offspring. Has this always been the case or is this only with dittos?

Something like that has always been the case, only Legendaries (Mewtwo, Articuno, Mew, Jirachi as some examples) and Babies (like for example Togepi, Azurill, Pichu and Cleffa) cannot breed, also Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed.
Offspring however are capable of breeding as long as they aren't one of the ones that I listed that can't breed.
Like for example breeding with Ditto and Clefairy will result in a Cleffa Egg which means Cleffa can't breed since it's a Baby but once you evolve it into Clefairy, it will be able to breed.

Last edited:

Does Pokemon Amie help with friendship evolution? If not, then does anybody have any other tips to max friendship quickly? Is there a massage person or some similar thing in XY?

Does Pokemon Amie help with friendship evolution? If not, then does anybody have any other tips to max friendship quickly? Is there a massage person or some similar thing in XY?

I believe Amie friendship and "regular" friendship are separated. There is a massage person in Cyllage City. Their house is right next to the Pokemon Center.

Something like that has always been the case, only Legendaries (Mewtwo, Articuno, Mew, Jirachi as some examples) and Babies (like for example Togepi, Azurill, Pichu and Cleffa) cannot breed, also Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed.
Offspring however are capable of breeding as long as they aren't one of the ones that I listed that can't breed.
Like for example breeding with Ditto and Clefairy will result in a Cleffa Egg which means Cleffa can't breed since it's a Baby but once you evolve it into Clefairy, it will be able to breed.

Thanks for the info.

I always thought that the parent couldn't breed with the offspring but I guess I was wrong.

I can't remember where I read it but it was a long time ago.

Just hatched a Lonely Nature Torchic. Will that work out since I'm having trouble getting one with adamant?

also got a hasty one

In Lumoise City there's the store that sells fire, water, and leaf stones. What about the rest of the evolution stones (thunder, sun, shiny, etc.)? Is there a store or anything where they are readily available? I have a lot of Pokemon to evolve and not enough stones.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom