• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

a pokemon I breed from my starter and one I got off the GTS is getting boosted exp. what's up with that?

In Lumoise City there's the store that sells fire, water, and leaf stones. What about the rest of the evolution stones (thunder, sun, shiny, etc.)? Is there a store or anything where they are readily available? I have a lot of Pokemon to evolve and not enough stones.

Some like the Thunder Stone can be found in the overworld (but only 1-2 of them). The rest have to be obtained in Super Training - you need a pokemon who has Maxed EVs (bee "fully trained") to access these special Super Training regimens, and you have to go through them one at a time to unlock the next.

The Aegislash balloon can give you Dusk Stones, Gallade Balloon gives you Dawn Stones, the Roserade Balloon gives you Shiny Stones, and I forget which one gives you Thunder Stones. You can also get Fire, Water and Leaf stones there.

Be warned they do not ALWAYS give you the stone, sometimes you just get Stardust. Keep trying for it!

In Lumoise City there's the store that sells fire, water, and leaf stones. What about the rest of the evolution stones (thunder, sun, shiny, etc.)? Is there a store or anything where they are readily available? I have a lot of Pokemon to evolve and not enough stones.

Some like the Thunder Stone can be found in the overworld (but only 1-2 of them). The rest have to be obtained in Super Training - you need a pokemon who has Maxed EVs (bee "fully trained") to access these special Super Training regimens, and you have to go through them one at a time to unlock the next.

The Aegislash balloon can give you Dusk Stones, Gallade Balloon gives you Dawn Stones, the Roserade Balloon gives you Shiny Stones, and I forget which one gives you Thunder Stones. You can also get Fire, Water and Leaf stones there.

Be warned they do not ALWAYS give you the stone, sometimes you just get Stardust. Keep trying for it!

Thank you, Kindly. I was not aware that Super Training had such rewards.

Thank you, Kindly. I was not aware that Super Training had such rewards.

Nor was I initially. It's a pain to do if you don't like Super Training, but I'd take that over constant battles in the Maison for some of the evolutionary hold items like the Protector, etc.

After soft resetting for a very long time, I finally got a Modest Xerneas with the following IVs:

HP: 24 - 25
Att: 26 - 27
Def: 31
SA: 30 - 31
SD: 2 - 3
Spd: 30 - 31

I'm planning to do Geomancy + three attacks.

What kind of EV spread should I use? The standard 4/252/252, or should I drop some Speed for HP?

I've noticed this just now. So each Pokemon has different animations for moves depending if they are a physical or special or status move. Like how Talonflame makes a swooping-turn animation when doing a physical attack but opening his beak and flapping his wings faster for a special attack.

Anyways, I've recently gotten a Zoroark that I've taught Grass Knot to. Now the game says that the move is in the special category, yet whenever she uses the move in battle, it plays the physical attack animation. Is this a glitch or is it somehow intended?

Grass Knot uses its special attack and is summoned like magic, i.e how its special, but the reason it does its physical attack is because the damage is actually caused by the pokemon falling

Where exactly can I find the Hatching O-Power? I've beaten the Champion and I have max style in Lumiose. Am I missing an O-Power or am I completely missing its location? I've checked several cafes and I still haven't seen Mr. Bonding in any of them.

I've been in every hotel and Pokémon Center too. If anyone could tell me where it is, I would really appreciate it!

Where exactly can I find the Hatching O-Power? I've beaten the Champion and I have max style in Lumiose. Am I missing an O-Power or am I completely missing its location? I've checked several cafes and I still haven't seen Mr. Bonding in any of them.

I've been in every hotel and Pokémon Center too. If anyone could tell me where it is, I would really appreciate it!
Hatching O-Power is in Cafe Introversion in South Boulevard in Lumiose City. Make sure that you have all other 16 O-Powers as well, here are their locations.

Hatching O-Power is in Cafe Introversion in South Boulevard in Lumiose City. Make sure that you have all other 16 O-Powers as well, here are their locations.

Oh thank you so much! That was the one cafe I didn't know existed!

I just got X yesterday and was able to create a Game Sync ID to use on the Global Link. But now, I can't sync because everytime I try to use Game Sync, I get an error message saying "Game Sync ended because the server is busy. Please try again later." Is anyone else getting that?

I just got X yesterday and was able to create a Game Sync ID to use on the Global Link. But now, I can't sync because everytime I try to use Game Sync, I get an error message saying "Game Sync ended because the server is busy. Please try again later." Is anyone else getting that?
Yeah it happens to me from time to time, it's fairly normal.

If it works next time it should upload your data starting from your last Game Sync, so no worries about missing anything if the server is busy.

From my experience, you can only Game Sync every 6-12 hours. Otherwise you receive an 'error' blurb.

Re: Fairy-Type Enhancer

Okay. We got a Plate for turning our only god, Arceus into a diety of pixies and berry a berry that reduces Fairy super-effectiveness... Now is there an item that boosts Fairy-type moves besides the Plate, like Silk Scarf and Dragon Fang?

Bin headbutting for 2 days.

So i've stod in route 33 and above slowpoke well for the last 2 days and still not a single Heracross encounter. (crystal) I've tried farming in the morning, day and night. Am i doing something wrong or am i just realy unlucky?:confused:

From my experience, you can only Game Sync every 6-12 hours. Otherwise you receive an 'error' blurb.

You can Game Sync more than that, it just depends on how many people are using the servers. I've Game Synced 3-5 times in a few minutes before to send pictures to Pokemon-GL. If you are connected to the internet I believe you Game Sync when you save sometimes as well.

Is the Ability Capsule a One-Use Item?

Re: Bin headbutting for 2 days.

So i've stod in route 33 and above slowpoke well for the last 2 days and still not a single Heracross encounter. (crystal) I've tried farming in the morning, day and night. Am i doing something wrong or am i just realy unlucky?:confused:

Heracross is pretty rare, so it's probably just a case of bad luck. That being said, make sure you're trying different trees and not just headbutting the same one over and over; I believe some of them have different encounter rates.

Why do pokemon sometimes come out with a pink light. For example I caught an azurill with a dive ball and when sent out it appeared with a pink light instead of the dive ball's blue. Then when it evolved into marill it seemed to come out with the correct blue light, but now as an azumarill it appears with a pink light again. I've noticed with pokemon in other types of pokeballs, as well so it's not just dive balls.

So I finished Pokemon X a few days ago and I know there isn't a huge post game or anything but there are things to do. I know about the battle maison and the Pokemon safari. What else is there to do post game? are there any other events that would happen during the game?

And a second quick question is where is now the best place to level up Pokemon and their stats? and did they let you challenge trainers you have already versed in this game again?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom