• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

You can get more mega stones. After you participate in the Battle Maison once go to the northmost part of Kiloude and go from there. After you do that, going to Lumiose will initiate a post-game sidequest, with an old friend, and of course you can catch some legendaries. As for training, the restaurants in Lumiose are good places to train. They cost money, but if you do the battles correctly you'll make a profit. Personally I like battling hordes in victory road (they give more experience than regular wild battles.) Unfortunately you cannot rematch trainers as far as I know. I really wish they would bring back the vs. seeker, but for someone reason they won't.

So I finished Pokemon X a few days ago and I know there isn't a huge post game or anything but there are things to do. I know about the battle maison and the Pokemon safari. What else is there to do post game? are there any other events that would happen during the game?

And a second quick question is where is now the best place to level up Pokemon and their stats? and did they let you challenge trainers you have already versed in this game again?
You can get more megastones, catch mewtwo,zygarde and a legendary bird, and the Looker sidequest

So I finished Pokemon X a few days ago and I know there isn't a huge post game or anything but there are things to do. I know about the battle maison and the Pokemon safari. What else is there to do post game? are there any other events that would happen during the game?

And a second quick question is where is now the best place to level up Pokemon and their stats? and did they let you challenge trainers you have already versed in this game again?
You can get more megastones, catch mewtwo,zygarde and a legendary bird, and the Looker sidequest

Thank you! Would you know any good places for training other pokemon? or is the Elite four the best place still to train?

EDIT: Didn't see your post there Pokestar, thank you for the places to train pokemon!

I just got X yesterday and was able to create a Game Sync ID to use on the Global Link. But now, I can't sync because everytime I try to use Game Sync, I get an error message saying "Game Sync ended because the server is busy. Please try again later." Is anyone else getting that?

From my experience, you can only Game Sync every 6-12 hours. Otherwise you receive an 'error' blurb.

You can Game Sync more than that, it just depends on how many people are using the servers. I've Game Synced 3-5 times in a few minutes before to send pictures to Pokemon-GL. If you are connected to the internet I believe you Game Sync when you save sometimes as well.

You have to enable Game Sync while saving to do that, and it'll almost always be successful every 6 hours for me. Never multiple times in a row.

Just another QQ: In the friend safari for each friends safari is there always only 3 Pokemon? because currently I got the grass safari and I can only find 2 different Pokemon after 10 minutes of in the grass which were Tangela and a sawsbuck, is there no 3rd?

Just another QQ: In the friend safari for each friends safari is there always only 3 Pokemon? because currently I got the grass safari and I can only find 2 different Pokemon after 10 minutes of in the grass which were Tangela and a sawsbuck, is there no 3rd?

If your friend hasn't beaten the Elite Four yet, or you haven't been online at the same time as them after they beat the E4, they will only have two Pokémon in their Safari (and those Pokémon won't have their hidden abilities) until you connect up.

You can tell how many Pokémon are in a Friend Safari when you first enter. Just check how many of the slots have Pokéball icons.

Dream World every other day...please help.

For some reason every other day when I try to tuck in a Pokemon in B2 or W2 I get the "Game Sync has run out of energy..." message. I have each game in a separate DS, I'm not switching the game cards at all, I'm not changing the clock any, I'm not playing the games in other systems, nothing. I can't figure out why this is happening. Is it just due to the Gen V Global Link going down soon? If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I'm starting to think I won't be able to get the "Sweet Dreamer" Medal if this keeps up.

Re: Bin headbutting for 2 days.

So i've stod in route 33 and above slowpoke well for the last 2 days and still not a single Heracross encounter. (crystal) I've tried farming in the morning, day and night. Am i doing something wrong or am i just realy unlucky?:confused:

Heracross is pretty rare, so it's probably just a case of bad luck. That being said, make sure you're trying different trees and not just headbutting the same one over and over; I believe some of them have different encounter rates.
It finaly happend, after a total of 673 enounters (after i started counting). And as a bonus i got a shiny aipom, so actually it was worth it ;).

Where's a good place to get massive experience? My Heliolisk is at Level 60 and I want to get it up to Level 100. I wish Audino could be available in all the routes like before.

Rotom form change in X/Y

Hello, I was wondering if Rotom's form can be changed in X/Y thus far and if so, how?

Where's a good place to get massive experience? My Heliolisk is at Level 60 and I want to get it up to Level 100. I wish Audino could be available in all the routes like before.
I've been training in Restaurant Le Wow, doing Triple Battles. You can use Experience O-Power before you start and it applies through all five battles. Pokemon there are level 63 so it shouldn't be too hard for Heliolisk.

It's also a good place to make money (with Luck Incense + Prize Money O-Power). I brought my Talonflame there, he never fought and he's level 99 now. :p

Try using the Lucky Egg, Pokemon-Amie, or Exp. Power. That's all I can think of.

Is there an item that boosts Fairy-type moves aside from the Pixie Plate? You know, the Fairy-type counterpart to the Charcoal, Mystic Water, Magnet, Sharp Beak, Silk Scarf, etc... If there is, what is its name and where can I find it? Thanks!

Here's the set I have for my Shiny Heliolisk:
Calm
Life Orb
Thunderbolt
Surf
Focus Blast
Thunder Wave/Volt Switch/Parabolic Charge

I can't decide on the last attack. I like Parabolic Charge and Volt Switch. What do you guys think?

Calm
Life Orb
Thunderbolt
Surf
Focus Blast

I can't decide on the last attack. I like Parabolic Charge and Volt Switch. What do you guys think?

I would say Parabolic Charge if you like Double or Triple Battles, but Volt Switch if you like Single or Rotation Battles.

Calm
Life Orb
Thunderbolt
Surf
Focus Blast

I would say Parabolic Charge if you like Double or Triple Battles, but Volt Switch if you like Single or Rotation Battles.
I like single battles, but I also like the idea of a move that would heal Heliolisk. I'm new to competitive battle.

Calm
Life Orb
Thunderbolt
Surf
Focus Blast

I like single battles, but I also like the idea of a move that would heal Heliolisk. I'm new to competitive battle.
I'd say Volt Switch overall. Heliolisk is fragile and can easily be OHKO'd by a super-effective attack.

Understandable that you'd like to heal from Life Orb damage but Volt Switch would give Heliolisk more survivability since it can switch against an unfavorable matchup.

Calm
Life Orb
Thunderbolt
Surf
Focus Blast

Well, I just looked it up, and Parabolic Charge has 75 Base Power after STAB, I think. If 75 Base Power is enough for you, then use it.

I'm a big fan of draining moves myself, so yeah.

Focus Band + NPC = Immortal

There's no way the effects of Focus Band are only 10% when in the hands of an NPC. 3 super effective attacks at 1 HP. Managed to wipe my team with super effective attacks. Extremely poor luck or do NPCs get unseen advantages to cope with limited pokemon options?

I just got X yesterday and was able to create a Game Sync ID to use on the Global Link. But now, I can't sync because everytime I try to use Game Sync, I get an error message saying "Game Sync ended because the server is busy. Please try again later." Is anyone else getting that?

From my experience, you can only Game Sync every 6-12 hours. Otherwise you receive an 'error' blurb.

Thanks. I guess I'll have to keep trying.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom