• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Sorry if this has been answered already. Is there anyway I can check what my type is on the friend safari or do I just need to ask someone I'm friends with?

Oh, so that's what happened to Glow Punch. lol

Anyway, another question. Snorlax requires a Full Incense for its egg to hatch into a Munchlax, right?

Are there any good places for post-E4 training? I've already done the Looker quest.

Sorry if this has been answered already. Is there anyway I can check what my type is on the friend safari or do I just need to ask someone I'm friends with?

You cant check it yourself as I understand it, someone else needs to tell you what is in your safari

Does the lucky egg have any impact on the Exp. Share?

I was dumb and lost my Lucky Egg, is there another place to get one? I've seen a lot of Chansey on Wonder Trade, do they still sometimes hold Lucky Egg/where are they found?

There are Chansey's on the friend safari, if you have a friend with normal type and that pokemon. Chansey's can hold lucky eggs, but the chance is 5% :/ So you probaby have to search through alot of Chansey's to get one. You should have a pokemon with the frisk ability or the move thief :)
-I traded away my lucky egg on an accident, it still hurts :'(

You can also put a fainted pokemon with Compoundeyes at the front of your party to increase the chance of wild pokemon holding an item, and a pokemon with Frisk and Thief/Covet in the second slot such as Noibat.

Last edited:
Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

As we all know, Pokemon R/B/Y and Pokemon G/S/C batteries eventually run out and it causes the game to not be able to save properly (unless you replace the battery). Does this problem happen with any of the games onwards? so from Fire red onwards?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

As we all know, Pokemon R/B/Y and Pokemon G/S/C batteries eventually run out and it causes the game to not be able to save properly (unless you replace the battery). Does this problem happen with any of the games onwards? so from Fire red onwards?

G/S/C were the last games to use a battery that was tied to keeping both the save and the time going. From then onwards you shouldn't have the problem with a battery running out and killing your save, just any in-game event dependent on time itself, like tides shifting, berries growing, ppl handing out berries, ect. Though FireRed and LeafGreen, unlike Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, don't have "time" or a Day/Night cycle, and thus, don't have a battery keeping track of it.

Do Furfrou's different trims have any effect on its stats? The Pokédex in X says: "Trimming its fluffy fur not only makes it more elegant but also increases the swiftness of its movements." So does he get a speed boost or something? I can't find anything about it.
Thanks!

Does the lucky egg have any impact on the Exp. Share?

If I'm understanding your question, having a Pokémon hold the Lucky Egg increases the amount of experience that Pokémon gets regardless of Exp. Share, yes. It would be like a Pokémon holding a Scope Lens while having the ability Super Luck.

Do Furfrou's different trims have any effect on its stats? The Pokédex in X says: "Trimming its fluffy fur not only makes it more elegant but also increases the swiftness of its movements." So does he get a speed boost or something? I can't find anything about it.
Thanks!

Serebii says that it's an aesthetic change only, and I for one don't remember my Furfrou having a boost in Speed after I gave it a haircut.

Snorlax requires a Full Incense for its egg to hatch into a Munchlax, right?

Yup yup, it needs to hold that incense while breeding.

When I was reading on how to breed a Munchlax, it said it had to be a female and male Snorlax, while the female held the Full Incense. Will it work if it's a male Snorlax and a Ditto?

Also, does anyone know how I can get a Kecleon with Skill Swap while breeding in Pokemon X? I can't seem to do it on my own...

Last edited:

When I was reading on how to breed a Munchlax, it said it had to be a female and male Snorlax, while the female held the Full Incense. Will it work if it's a male Snorlax and a Ditto?

Crap, I have no idea. I already bred my egg from a Ditto and a male Snorlax holding a Full Incense, and if it hatches into a Snorlax, I'm gonna be upset. :(

Also, does anyone know how I can get a Kecleon with Skill Swap while breeding in Pokemon X? I can't seem to do it on my own...
I think until Poke Bank opens, the only way would be to breed with a Sylveon or another field pokemon that has bred with Sylveon to get Skill Swap.

Crap, I have no idea. I already bred my egg from a Ditto and a male Snorlax holding a Full Incense, and if it hatches into a Snorlax, I'm gonna be upset. :(

It works. In Snorlax + Ditto, gender doesn't matter. The same applies to all other Pokemon which use incense.

It works. In Snorlax + Ditto, gender doesn't matter. The same applies to all other Pokemon which use incense.

Oh, okay, good. I'd have thought it stupid if it really did have to be a male and female Snorlax with the latter holding the incense. xP

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Is it possible to transfer a berry from the game to the Dream World?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom