• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I'm breeding Ferroseeds right now. Ideally the Ferroseed I'm breeding for would have IVs 31/31/31/x/31/0 but very likely, I'll only be able to get 4 of those 5 with the amount of time I'm willing to put in. As far as Gyro Ball is concerned, which Ferrothorn would be able to generally do more damage, one with 31 Attack and 15-ish speed, or one with 15-ish attack and 0 speed?

Can Smeargle's sketched moves be passed on to bred Smeargles? Like if I sketched spore but wanted to sketch another move, could I pass on one move and still have the sketch move available?

I'm breeding Ferroseeds right now. Ideally the Ferroseed I'm breeding for would have IVs 31/31/31/x/31/0 but very likely, I'll only be able to get 4 of those 5 with the amount of time I'm willing to put in. As far as Gyro Ball is concerned, which Ferrothorn would be able to generally do more damage, one with 31 Attack and 15-ish speed, or one with 15-ish attack and 0 speed?

Well, it's kind of hard to say, since the way Gyro Ball works, the damage it does also depends a lot on the opponent. That being said, since Ferroseed and Ferrothorn are naturally really slow, I would suggest aiming for higher Attack stats, since it'll likely hit the lower speed threshold fairly easily even if it does have some Speed IVs.

Can Smeargle's sketched moves be passed on to bred Smeargles? Like if I sketched spore but wanted to sketch another move, could I pass on one move and still have the sketch move available?

Smeargle doesn't pass on moves to itself, no. The only move it can actually learn is Sketch.

That being said, if you want to get rid of one of the moves it sketched, either level it up until it learns Sketch again (every ten levels), or take it to the Move Relearner, and you can reteach Sketch to Smeargle so you can try again.

Emerald: Internal battery died?

I just got a message on my copy of Emerald that the internal battery has ran out. Does that mean my game won't work any more? It's weird because this is the first time it's happened.

Re: Emerald: Internal battery died?

I just got a message on my copy of Emerald that the internal battery has ran out. Does that mean my game won't work any more? It's weird because this is the first time it's happened.

It'll still work, but time based events will no longer happen.

Hey, I'm not sure if I'm asking in the right place. I need help with IV breeding.
I'm trying to breed a Gible with 5 perfect IV's in HP, Attack, Defence, Special Defence and Speed. Right now, I have a female Gible that has 31 IV's in HP, Defence, Special Defence and Speed with a male Gible that has 31 IV's in Attack. The female Gible is holding an everstone and the other male Gible is holding a Destiny Knot. The problem is that all their babies only seem to have one, two or three perfect IV's that have been inherited. I've tried switching items around between the parents, but I keep getting the same results. Am I just getting bad luck?

What Pokemon are the special defense Super Training bags designed after? All the other bags were instantly obvious to me, but I've been stuck on those and it's starting to really bother me.

What Pokemon are the special defense Super Training bags designed after? All the other bags were instantly obvious to me, but I've been stuck on those and it's starting to really bother me.

I believe they are based on the Flabébé line.

My 3DS' clock did not automatically change with Daylight Savings Time. I am afraid to mess around with the clock settings for fear of affecting my Pokemon Y game. Is there anything I should or shouldn't do/know about this?

Smeargle doesn't pass on moves to itself, no. The only move it can actually learn is Sketch.

That being said, if you want to get rid of one of the moves it sketched, either level it up until it learns Sketch again (every ten levels), or take it to the Move Relearner, and you can reteach Sketch to Smeargle so you can try again.

Ah, I see. For some reason I thought Smeargle only learned Sketch once. That makes it a lot easier to work with than I thought. Thanks!

What about glow punch? I can't recall seeing this move anywhere. Or was it one of the things that get scrapped before release?

Glow Punch is Power Up Punch and is TM 98, Korrina gives it to you when you beat her.

Oh, so there is no glow punch? *gasps* Here go the wishes of the people who wanted a physical fairy move. Yeah, well at least we have play rough. Thanks for the clarification though :)
The original Japanese for the move name can be transliterated as "Glow Punch" or "Grow Punch". I think many assumed it was "Glow Punch" since Fennekin was the first seen to be using it, but given its effect, I think it's meant to be "Grow Punch", as its user's power grows when it's used.

So I'm breeding a Male Eevee (Anticipation) with a Female Eevee (Run Away) and after a good 40+ eggs, I haven't gotten a single Anticipation one. Anyone know what's up? I know males don't pass down HA quite as often as females do, but is it normal to not get even one after so long?

So I'm breeding a Male Eevee (Anticipation) with a Female Eevee (Run Away) and after a good 40+ eggs, I haven't gotten a single Anticipation one. Anyone know what's up? I know males don't pass down HA quite as often as females do, but is it normal to not get even one after so long?
I believe that males can only pass down Hidden Abilities when bred with a Ditto.

I believe that males can only pass down Hidden Abilities when bred with a Ditto.

Well... damn. That was a huge waste of time then. :/ lol, thanks.

Well, not everyone is oh-so-knowledgeable like you. :/

When I was reading on how to breed a Munchlax, it said it had to be a female and male Snorlax, while the female held the Full Incense. Will it work if it's a male Snorlax and a Ditto?

Crap, I have no idea. I already bred my egg from a Ditto and a male Snorlax holding a Full Incense, and if it hatches into a Snorlax, I'm gonna be upset. :(

Mind telling me what the result was?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

So I'm going to buy a new copy of either Diamond or Platinum tomorrow. My plan was to get Platinum and use action replay to get things like the azure flute to get to Arceus, but if I get Platinum I can't use My Pokemon Ranch, which I can use to get Mea and Phione. So my question is, back when the Azure Flute (Arceus item) / Oak's Letter (Shaymin item) / Membership Pass (Darkrai item) was being distributed, were they only for Platinum, or was it possible to get them in Diamond to? I don't want to buy a game and find out there's no codes to get the items because the items weren't available in the game.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

So I'm going to buy a new copy of either Diamond or Platinum tomorrow. My plan was to get Platinum and use action replay to get things like the azure flute to get to Arceus, but if I get Platinum I can't use My Pokemon Ranch, which I can use to get Mea and Phione. So my question is, back when the Azure Flute (Arceus item) / Oak's Letter (Shaymin item) / Membership Pass (Darkrai item) was being distributed, were they only for Platinum, or was it possible to get them in Diamond to? I don't want to buy a game and find out there's no codes to get the items because the items weren't available in the game.
The Oak's Letter and Membership Pass were given for Platinum only. Azure Flute was never distributed at all.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom