• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

So I'm going to buy a new copy of either Diamond or Platinum tomorrow. My plan was to get Platinum and use action replay to get things like the azure flute to get to Arceus, but if I get Platinum I can't use My Pokemon Ranch, which I can use to get Mea and Phione. So my question is, back when the Azure Flute (Arceus item) / Oak's Letter (Shaymin item) / Membership Pass (Darkrai item) was being distributed, were they only for Platinum, or was it possible to get them in Diamond to? I don't want to buy a game and find out there's no codes to get the items because the items weren't available in the game.
The Oak's Letter and Membership Pass were given for Platinum only. Azure Flute was never distributed at all.

Worth noting, though, is that even though the first two were only distributed for Platinum (and the Azure Flute still remains impossible to have legitimately), all three items are in the data for Diamond and Pearl; the events to officially unlock them just never took place.

So then, out of curiosity
I) If you catch Arceus by getting to him with the Azure Flute, will you not be able to do things like transfer it to Gen V games and/or put it on the GTS, since that isn't a 'legit' way to get him?
II) I'm a fan of knowing unnecessary trivia, and so I was wondering - if Nintendo programmed that event into the game, why didn't they ever release it? Isn't it a bit redundant at that point?
You should be able to transfer it. I dunno if you'll be able to put it on the GTS though. Technically the Pokemon itself is legit because it's programmed to be there, the means to catch it simply was never legitimately releases.

No one is really certain why it was never released, we can only guess.

My mewtwo! (plural)

I have two mewtwo, one from the gts and one from ingame. Which one should I use, and are the Ivs legit?

Mewtwo numba one:

Hasty, 248/180/117/242/149/228

That defense hurts my eyes.

Mewtwo number two:

Lax, 230/168/168/243/137/189

Any help would be appreciated! If this is in the wrong thread make my death quick and painless. Please.

Re: My mewtwo! (plural)

I have two mewtwo, one from the gts and one from ingame. Which one should I use, and are the Ivs legit?

Mewtwo numba one:

Hasty, 248/180/117/242/149/228

That defense hurts my eyes.

Mewtwo number two:

Lax, 230/168/168/243/137/189

Any help would be appreciated! If this is in the wrong thread make my death quick and painless. Please.
What levels are the Mewtwo?

You can try using this IV checker and see what you get.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I'm wondering if it's possible to get a Amaura or Aurorus with it's Hidden Ability? If so, then how?

Also, if you see a Shiny Pokemon in a Hoard, will it Shine and make a noise when you encounter it?

I believe breeding Amaura/Aurorus with an Imposter Ditto can get you its HA.

And yes, Shiny Pokémon will still play their noise and animation even in a horde. That being said, if they are offscreen during the intro cutscene, you may not see the sparkles (the noise will still play).

I'm wondering if it's possible to get a Amaura or Aurorus with it's Hidden Ability? If so, then how?
This doesn't work. You need a member of the Pokémon's evolutionary family with the hidden ability in order to breed the Pokémon with the hidden ability. At the moment, it's impossible to get an Amaura or Aurorus with its hidden ability.

This doesn't work. You need a member of the Pokémon's evolutionary family with the hidden ability in order to breed the Pokémon with the hidden ability. At the moment, it's impossible to get an Amaura or Aurorus with its hidden ability.

Good to know. Guess I was misinformed. Thanks for clearing that up.

In the Battle Maison, is there a time limit or a particular factor which could end your winning streaks without you losing in the Maison itself?

Since I'm now Pokemon Breeding, I must know...
A lot of my newborn Pokemon start off with 12 Hp and 6 in every stat. Is this normal or does it actually mean something? I've found breeding certain Pokemon (like ones I got from trades) tend to produce offspring with 5s or 4s in at least one stat, so I thought I'd ask.

The lvl 1 stats of Pokemon bred don't really matter in the long run, just their IVs. You don't need to worry about stat values as long as you have your desired IVs on the Pokemon.

In the Battle Maison, is there a time limit or a particular factor which could end your winning streaks without you losing in the Maison itself?

AFAIK, the only other thing besides losing would be turning off the 3DS mid-battle. You can take however long as you like each turn during the battles.

Thanks Inferno.

Another question... I just had a random wifi battle there, but with three pokemon. Is there to set random battles to six pokemon?

I have a question about IV breeding and destiny knots. When 2 Pokémon are in the daycare centre, both holding destiny knots, does 10 IV's (leaving 4 off because there's only 6 stats) get passed down to the baby?

Where do you find your rival in Kiloude City?
I've been all over and never battled her.

thanks

Where do you find your rival in Kiloude City?
I've been all over and never battled her.

thanks

In the northernmost part of the city where that water basin thing is. You will have to have participated in the Battle Maison first before you can battle them.

Thanks Inferno.

Another question... I just had a random wifi battle there, but with three pokemon. Is there to set random battles to six pokemon?

I believe you can only take 6 Pokemon in if you go for a Triple Battle challenge.

Been looking up Garchomp movesets (forgot to breed Stealth Rock onto my Larvitar, kicking myself...) to check if there are any egg moves I need, and everyone talks about having Swords Dance but can't find anywhere that says how they learn it. According to Bulbapedia the only way Garchomp could get it was by TM in gens 4 and 5, but all moveset threads talk about having it in gen 6. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Been looking up Garchomp movesets (forgot to breed Stealth Rock onto my Larvitar, kicking myself...) to check if there are any egg moves I need, and everyone talks about having Swords Dance but can't find anywhere that says how they learn it. According to Bulbapedia the only way Garchomp could get it was by TM in gens 4 and 5, but all moveset threads talk about having it in gen 6. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Swords Dance is still a TM in Gen VI. It can be found at one of the Lumiose City Pokémon Center marts.

Bulbapedia is still trying to update all the movesets for older Pokémon, Garchomp included, so that's why you don't see an mention of it there.

So a question and sorry if it's already been asked but do we get the Lucky Egg? Like a npc gives it to you or you need to find it held by a wild pokemon?

So a question and sorry if it's already been asked but do we get the Lucky Egg? Like a npc gives it to you or you need to find it held by a wild pokemon?

Yes. You can get the Lucky Egg in the Coumarine Hotel. There's a girl in there that will give it to you if your Pokemon is really friendly towards you.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom