• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

So a question and sorry if it's already been asked but do we get the Lucky Egg? Like a npc gives it to you or you need to find it held by a wild pokemon?

Yes. You can get the Lucky Egg in the Coumarine Hotel. There's a girl in there that will give it to you if your Pokemon is really friendly towards you.
Thank you.

Tried the search button but couldn't find the answer I'm seeking for, so I'll ask here:

In the wiki, I noticed the minisprites for Gen VI are absent (replaced by a "?" placeholder), but some sites already have them. Can we upload them to bulbagarden wiki?

join ave

hey guys i have a problem! the other day i was using my bro's ds to play pokemon white 2and his date was a day fast so i changed it and when i got back on join ave didnt reset and i waited 3-4 days and it still didnt reset! what do i do!?!?!?!?!?!

Can you get the Shiny Charm in Pokemon X and Y? I sure hope you can.

Can you get the Shiny Charm in Pokemon X and Y? I sure hope you can.
Well in Gen 5, you had to complete the National Dex. It isnt currently possible to do so until Pokemon Bank is out to transfer Pokemon you cant get in the games, so it'll be a while before it's known if possible.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Not really sure where this belongs since it's technically not a Generation game, but the special missions for Pokemon Ranger (both Shadows of Almia and Guardian signs) are they still available to play? I'm getting conflicting info from a bunch of different sites, some say that once released they had no end date, but other are saying they ended about 6 months after each game's release. I was thinking about getting them, but I wanted to know before I bought them if I could still transfer some of the rare pokemon over (like the manaphy egg and the deoxys).

Why is it that I can NEVER get the evolution stones from the Super Secret Training? I do my best and I keep getting useless items. Just let me buy them at a higher price. The Stone Emporium clearly sells more than just the three it lets me buy! This is utter Tauroskarp.

Do passersby need to give you permission as they're playing for you to view their PR Video? Kinda wondering what the really long wait's all about
Yes they have to give permission for you to watch their PR video. I have been getting a lot of requests recently, is there any special reason for them?

This is getting kinda frustrating.

I have been searching for a Female Eevee in the Friend Safari, and encountered a lot of Eevees (along with Lilipups and Minccinos), but all the Eevees are Male! I know it's a lower chance to get a Female Eevee, but it's starting to make me wonder...

Can you encounter Female Eevee in the Friend Safari?

I see lots of people casually mention the IVs of Pokemon they hatch/encounter. How do you find out the IVs?

I have been searching for a Female Eevee in the Friend Safari, and encountered a lot of Eevees (along with Lilipups and Minccinos), but all the Eevees are Male! I know it's a lower chance to get a Female Eevee, but it's starting to make me wonder...

I'm pretty sure you can... I mean, I encounter female Pokemon more often in friend safaris than male, unless the Pokemon is one gender or genderless.

I see lots of people casually mention the IVs of Pokemon they hatch/encounter. How do you find out the IVs?

Within the games, there is a man in the Kiloude City Pokémon Center who will tell you about the "intriguing potential" of your Pokémon--based on his statements, you can at least get a general idea of your Pokémon's IVs. You can also use an online IV Calculator (like this great Gen VI calculator here) to get the exact numbers, based on your Pokémon's stats, EVs, Nature, etc.

So a question and sorry if it's already been asked but do we get the Lucky Egg? Like a npc gives it to you or you need to find it held by a wild pokemon?

You can also get it from Chanseys in Friend Safaris.

- Place a fainted pokemon with Compoundeyes (increases chances of wild pokemon holding an item)
- Place a pokemon with Frisk and the move Thief at the second slot (e.g. Noibat/Noivern)
- Go into a Friend Safari with Chanseys in it

Place a male pokemon with Cute Charm at the front of your party. It'll increase the chances of wild pokemon being the opposite gender.

Yes they have to give permission for you to watch their PR video. I have been getting a lot of requests recently, is there any special reason for them?

Not that I know of, I just like them 'cause they're silly. Equally silly is having a "Public" setting for the PR video then needing to request permission anyway

Eevee has a very low female rate its like 12%. So just keep on trying.

Eevee has a very low female rate its like 12%. So just keep on trying.

You can also put a male Pokémon with the ability Cute Charm at the front of your party to fix the probability of a female Pokémon appearing to 75% (with a 25% male encounter rate) to catch a female Eevee in a quicker time. Remember that the Pokémon with Cute Charm needs to be male because if it was female it would switch the probabilities to 75% male Pokémon and 25% female Pokémon instead.

EDIT: I've now read =Dagonite='s post above mine and noticed that he suggested the same thing as me but I think my post might still be useful because it gives more exact details about the ability Cute Charm.

Last edited:

I couldn't avoid to read about the battery of Gen I & II games. Do you mean my old games are not saving any longer? D: What do I do? Can I replace it with a new battery? If so, what kind of battery do I have to buy? Is it the same for both generations? How long does the battery last?

I couldn't avoid to read about the battery of Gen I & II games. Do you mean my old games are not saving any longer? D: What do I do? Can I replace it with a new battery? If so, what kind of battery do I have to buy? Is it the same for both generations? How long does the battery last?

This exactly is the same problem I was having. Yes it's true that your old games are no longer saving. Emerald just died on me recently, but the save file is still ok. I was still attempting to catch a Rayquaza with the best quality stats while working on my cheating device I get no help from.

You can replace the battery, but you'll have to purchase soldering iron if you don't already have it yourself. I really don't know how long these batteries should last. I was hoping that something may be causing them to dry out or affecting the life of a battery.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom