• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

When I go there I don't see anything happening, so I guess I'm doing it all wrong? I have no idea since I do go there between 8 and 9 PM.

If you really did get your mega ring upgraded by Sycamore at the Sundial after beating your rival in Kiloude city, then there's no need to go back to the Sundial. Just hunt for the stones from 8-9PM and you'll be fine.

This isn't necessarily a SIMPLE question per se but I managed to breed this:

Froakie - #656 (Modest)
Male (♂)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 0 - 11
Speed: 31

Should I go with this one or continue breeding to try and get a better one?

Froakie - #656 (Modest)
Male (♂)

Try getting the 31 IV in Sp Def too.. Maybe you'll get a shiny in the process. :)

Froakie - #656 (Modest)
Male (♂)

Try getting the 31 IV in Sp Def too.. Maybe you'll get a shiny in the process. :)
I agree, I say keep breeding to try for the Sp. Def.

If anything you'll get lots of 4-5 IV Froakie to trade for other IV-bred Pokemon...maybe something in Froakie's egg group that has a perfect Sp. Def IV :p

Froakie - #656 (Modest)
Male (♂)

If anything you'll get lots of 4-5 IV Froakie to trade for other IV-bred Pokemon...maybe something in Froakie's egg group that has a perfect Sp. Def IV :p

Here's the thing, I have two dittos. One's a Korean Ditto with max IVs in Spatk & Def while I have another ditto that has max ivs in HP Atk Spdef & speed. So I should stick the everstone on this Froakie & stick the destiny knot on the 2nd Ditto?

Froakie - #656 (Modest)
Male (♂)

Here's the thing, I have two dittos. One's a Korean Ditto with max IVs in Spatk & Def while I have another ditto that has max ivs in HP Atk Spdef & speed. So I should stick the everstone on this Froakie & stick the destiny knot on the 2nd Ditto?

Yup! The second Ditto is the best choice. I hope you get a shiny Froakie with perfect IV! :)

Froakie - #656 (Modest)
Male (♂)

Yup! The second Ditto is the best choice. I hope you get a shiny Froakie with perfect IV! :)

That's gonna be hard. It's normal chances. =/

I'll just be happy with perfect iv/max ivs in everything but atk. I'm new to IV breeding though, not evs becuse i did that a lot in White 2.

Froakie - #656 (Modest)
Male (♂)

That's gonna be hard. It's normal chances. =/

I'll just be happy with perfect iv/max ivs in everything but atk. I'm new to IV breeding though, not evs becuse i did that a lot in White 2.

Well, I got my Perfect IV shiny Magikarp from the same odd. :) Wish you luck!

not shiny, but.......

Froakie - #656 (Modest)
Male (♂)
SpD: 31

Is there something that signals pokémon as being shinies? Like the twinkle in older games. Or do we just have to guess based on what we remember as the standard?

Is there something that signals pokémon as being shinies? Like the twinkle in older games. Or do we just have to guess based on what we remember as the standard?

Yes, shiny Pokemon still twinkle when they appear like this;
Pokemon appears
the screen around them gets darker, blue stars twinkle, screen returns to normal
You send out your pokemon

Pokemon appears
the screen around them gets darker, blue stars twinkle, screen returns to normal

Thanks! I was worried there would be nothing to signal them. Does anything show up on their summary screen, like if get them off a trade?

Pokemon appears

Thanks! I was worried there would be nothing to signal them. Does anything show up on their summary screen, like if get them off a trade?

Yes, there will be a red star on their summary page, right below their portrait/type.

Pokemon appears

Yes, there will be a red star on their summary page, right below their portrait/type.

Thanks!

What's a ROM?

I looked at the rules in this section it mentioned ROM's and Emulators, it also mentioned not to talk about them. I hope I'm not breaking any rules but what are these things?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I need a little advice on my Yellow team.

I currently have Pikachu (27), Charmeleon (24), Ivysaur (22), Wartortle (17), and Butterfree (24)
I plan on catching a Drowsee at some point and I'm debating on whether or not to add a Snorlax to my team and swap it out with Ivysaur or Butterfree. Also what's a good way to level up in these games? I mean I like that' it's more challenging to level up in the older games but at the same time I don't want to be 10 levels lower than the gym leader ^^' I know that Sabrina's at level 50 and I just got finished struggling to take down Surge's Raichu ^^'
Any advice?

Is a pokemon bred from a hacked pokemon considered a hacked pokemon because i want a Froslass with spikes but i need a hacked cacnea for that.

Unless the moveset it gets through breeding is illegal, the offspring of hacked pokemon are generally seen as legal (or legit depending on how much of a stickler it is you're talking to).

Re: What's a ROM?

I looked at the rules in this section it mentioned ROM's and Emulators, it also mentioned not to talk about them. I hope I'm not breaking any rules but what are these things?

An emulator is a downloadable program that allows you to play games, like DS games, on your PC. A ROM is simply the file (i.e. the game) you play on the emulator.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom