• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

You know in Pokemon Rumble Blast there are Pokemon you can get via Password? Well, can you recruit them again if you release the Password Pokemon?

Re: vivillion glitch. need help!

so i found this on another site I'm not part of. the exact thing is happening to me.
i added a friend and i have encountered and caught th vilvillion. but it still remains as unknown when i look at the safari. what do i do?

Pokémon X / Y Friend Safari Glitch? - Pokemon - Nintendo 3DS Community

I don't think there's much you can do except wait for a possible patch from Nintendo if they bother to do that. The problem seems to be about Vivillon's different patterns. It's not serious though and it's not having an effect on your save file or game data except for that one Friend Safari not showing you the third available Pokemon. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Was wondering about Vilvillion in the Friend Safari as well, thanks for clearing that up.

I was at Hotel Richissime doing room service and someone ordered a meal Light of Ruin style. Looked it up to no avail and found that apparently Serebii deleted something concerning it. Anyone know what it was about? I'm guessing it was just a move that was never actually implemented into the final version of the game, it certainly sounds cool.

How exactly do Hidden Abilities work?

Greninja has Protean as a Hidden Ability but my Greninja has Torrent. Is there any way I can change its ability or any way to activate the hidden ability? I seriously have no idea how it works ^^'

How exactly do Hidden Abilities work?

Greninja has Protean as a Hidden Ability but my Greninja has Torrent. Is there any way I can change its ability or any way to activate the hidden ability? I seriously have no idea how it works ^^'
Much like how Hidden Abilities appeared in BW, you can only receive Hidden Abilities from special areas. Horde encounters have a chance of having a Pokemon with a Hidden Ability, as well as Pokemon found in the Friend Safari.

If you're looking for starter Pokemon with Hidden Abilities they can be found in the Friend Safari.
Pokémon X & Y - Friend Safari

Re: vivillion glitch. need help!

so i found this on another site I'm not part of. the exact thing is happening to me.
i added a friend and i have encountered and caught th vilvillion. but it still remains as unknown when i look at the safari. what do i do?

Pokémon X / Y Friend Safari Glitch? - Pokemon - Nintendo 3DS Community

I don't think there's much you can do except wait for a possible patch from Nintendo if they bother to do that. The problem seems to be about Vivillon's different patterns. It's not serious though and it's not having an effect on your save file or game data except for that one Friend Safari not showing you the third available Pokemon. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

thank you! apparently it isnt that rare. thanx for the reply.

I thought all the TMs were carried over from gen 5 but I noticed Work Up was removed as a tm. What else was removed?

I thought all the TMs were carried over from gen 5 but I noticed Work Up was removed as a tm. What else was removed?
TM19 - Telekinesis replaced with Roost
TM51 - Ally Switch replaced with Steel Wing
TM83 - Work Up replaced with Infestation
TM88 - Pluck replaced with Sleep Talk

Was wondering about Vilvillion in the Friend Safari as well, thanks for clearing that up.

I was at Hotel Richissime doing room service and someone ordered a meal Light of Ruin style. Looked it up to no avail and found that apparently Serebii deleted something concerning it. Anyone know what it was about? I'm guessing it was just a move that was never actually implemented into the final version of the game, it certainly sounds cool.

Although I have not seen any confirmed information about Light of Ruin, there is speculation that it is a signature move of one of three unobtainable pokemon that were apparently leaked on serebii for a short time before their pages were deleted. the existence of these pokemon appears to have been confirmed by putting requests for them on gts, although I believe that light of ruin being one of their moves is still speculation (although it could have been proved/disproved since there is apparently a hacker who has obtained the pokemon).

This isn't XY-specific, but I'm gonna ask it anyway. If I sign up for Pokemon Bank, is there any reason for me to get a second 3DS/2DS? (Please don't give a joke response about how the 2DS looks stupid, I just wanna know if there's anything I'd be missing Pokemon-wise by not getting a second console.)

This isn't XY-specific, but I'm gonna ask it anyway. If I sign up for Pokemon Bank, is there any reason for me to get a second 3DS/2DS? (Please don't give a joke response about how the 2DS looks stupid, I just wanna know if there's anything I'd be missing Pokemon-wise by not getting a second console.)

Since putting a Pokémon in the Bank is considered a transfer rather than a trade, you would still need a second console for trade evolutions.

gen 6 jolteon

ok just wondering if my jolteon turned out good? i don`t understand these iv's n such xD so if anyone could explain that as simple as they can please do xD

Jolteon lvl 100
Nature: Timid
Characteristic:Strongly Defiant
Hp:265
Atk:139
Def:146
Sp.Atk:296
Sp.Def:223
Spd:380

Atk's
ThunderBolt
Volt Switch
Shadowball
Discharge (i kept discharge cause i tend to double/trip battle)

Re: gen 6 jolteon

ok just wondering if my jolteon turned out good? i don`t understand these iv's n such xD so if anyone could explain that as simple as they can please do xD

Jolteon lvl 100
Nature: Timid
Characteristic:Strongly Defiant
Hp:265
Atk:139
Def:146
Sp.Atk:296
Sp.Def:223
Spd:380

Atk's
ThunderBolt
Volt Switch
Shadowball
Discharge (i kept discharge cause i tend to double/trip battle)
Here's a basic breakdown of EV's and IV's.
Effort Values said:
For every four EVs obtained in one stat, that stat will be increased by one extra point at level 100. Simply put, if your Gyarados were to obtain four Attack EVs, at its next level up its Attack stat would get +4 instead of +3, if it gets eight EVs it will be +5 and so on. While this is very useful, there is a catch. After accumulating 510 EVs, the game will stop tallying them and EV training becomes useless for that Pokémon.
Effort Value - The Pokémon Wiki

The graph that you see in Super Training gives you an idea how you've spread out your EVs but actual numbers are necessary to calculate IVs.
Individual Values said:
Every stat has an IV ranging from 0 to 31 for each stat (HP, ATK, DEF, SPA, SPD, and SPE), and at level 100, their IVs are added to the Pokémon's stats for their total values. For example, a level 100 Tyranitar with no Effort Values and 0 IVs has 310 HP, however if it had 31 IVs, it would have 341 HP.
Individual Values - The Pokémon Wiki

Without the breakdown of EV distribution you wouldn't be able to determine the IV's on this Jolteon, as you could've given EVs on a stat that would otherwise have a low IV (giving an inaccurate result). I've tried punching in the stats on Serebii's IV calculator (Serebii.net Games - Individual Value Calculator) but I am unable to get a reading since the EV's aren't given.

EDIT: If you focused your EV training/Super Training on just Sp. Atk and Speed (with the rest on HP) this Jolteon would have:
HP: 24
Attack: 20
Defense: 21
Sp. Attack: 8
Sp. Defense: 28
Speed: 18

Last edited:
Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

So... I'm playing Explorers of Sky and there's a few questions I have about it...

1) Is it possible that after you do the quiz to see which Pokemon you are, you can be a shiny version of that Pokemon?
2) Is it possible for your partner to be a shiny?
3) I know you can evolve in the game (since mine was used, the last person who had it was a Lucario with Snorlax as his partner) but how difficult is it to evolve?
4) Can you only evolve after you've beaten the main storyline?
5) What does the IQ stat do?
7) Are there any items you can use to restore PP in a dungeon?

And that's about it.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

So... I'm playing Explorers of Sky and there's a few questions I have about it...

1) Is it possible that after you do the quiz to see which Pokemon you are, you can be a shiny version of that Pokemon?
2) Is it possible for your partner to be a shiny?
3) I know you can evolve in the game (since mine was used, the last person who had it was a Lucario with Snorlax as his partner) but how difficult is it to evolve?
4) Can you only evolve after you've beaten the main storyline?
5) What does the IQ stat do?
7) Are there any items you can use to restore PP in a dungeon?

And that's about it.

1 - no
2 - no
3 - you can't evolve til after you beat the main story, depending on how difficult you find it depends on what pokemon you pick to be as, and what method they use to evolve
4 - yes
5 - ..this i dont remember. sorry. There prolly is though, such as the PP Saver/Deep Breather team skills.

Re: gen 6 jolteon

i did chart stats for spd and special atk for a while if that helps? i stopped at 68 because i had to work n my brother was leveling it on me XD i also had a Spd Power ankle on it the whole time from lvl 1-100 XD

i maxed Spd/special atk at lvl 1 so stats are 7special and 8 spd at lvl 1
Level (special/Spd)
lvl 2: +3/4 lvl 11 +3/4 lvl 20 +3/5 lvl 29 +3/3 lvl 38 +3/3 lvl 47 +3/4 lvl 56 +2/3 lvl 65 +3/3
lvl 3: +3/4 lvl 12 +2/3 lvl 21 +3/3 lvl 30 +3/4 lvl 39 +3/3 lvl 48 +2/3 lvl 57 +3/4 lvl 66 +3/5
lvl 4: +3/3 lvl 13 +3/4 lvl 22 +3/5 lvl 31 +3/4 lvl 40 +3/5 lvl 49 +3/5 lvl 58 +3/4 lvl 67 +2/3
lvl 5: +3/5 lvl 14 +3/4 lvl 23 +2/3 lvl 32 +3/4 lvl 41 +3/3 lvl 50 +4/3 lvl 59 +3/4 lvl 68 +3/3
lvl 6: +3/3 lvl 15 +3/4 lvl 24 +3/3 lvl 33 +2/4 lvl 42 +3/4 lvl 51 +3/3 lvl 60 +3/3
lvl 7: +3/3 lvl 16 +3/3 lvl 25 +3/5 lvl 34 +2/4 lvl 43 +3/4 lvl 52 +3/5 lvl 61 +3/5
lvl 8: +3/5 lvl 17 +3/4 lvl 26 +3/3 lvl 35 +3/4 lvl 44 +3/4 lvl 53 +3/3 lvl 62 +3/3
lvl 9: +3/3 lvl 18 +3/4 lvl 27 +3/4 lvl 36 +3/3 lvl 45 +2/3 lvl 54 +3/4 lvl 63 +3/3
lvl 10: +3/4 lvl 19 +3/3 lvl 28 +3/4 lvl 37 +3/5 lvl 46 +3/4 lvl 55 +3/4 lvl 64 +3/5

basicaly was wondering if i make 1 more jolteon raised like this and breed them together with anklet on should i hopefuly get better outcome of children then? kind of want to make a scary jolteon xD

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom