• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I've gotten Tamato berries from Sitrus/Lum combinations. Sounds like you're just getting unlucky with that one.
I haven't exactly kept track of just how many I've planted next to each other, I just know that I've generally yielded hybrids on the first try (and, in one case, second), except here I'm on like trees 13-18 and still have yet to see any Tamato. I've made sure the latest batch includes Surprise Mulch, but if that doesn't work, nothing will, right?

Is there any difference between US and UK Pokémon as far as the Masuda Method is concerned (as in, is a US Pokémon foreign for a UK game and vice-versa)?

I found in Bulbapedia and every website that "The Masuda method involves breeding two Pokémon created in games of different countries" Meaning that since UK and US are different countries it'll work.

No, it's still Language-based - they must have different language tags (ITA + JPN/FRE + ENG/ENG+SPA). US and UK games share a language tag.

Yeah, that's what I've read--but now I have a different question:

So let's say I have a PAL-region Pokémon X, with my PAL region-locked 3DS location set to the UK, and I set the language in my Pokémon X to Korean. And then I trade a Ditto to a North American-region Pokémon Y, played on a North American region-locked 3DS with the location set to the US, and with the language in Pokémon Y set to English. Then the player in Pokémon Y breeds that Ditto with a Pikachu natively caught in that game.

Would the Masuda method work in this scenario, since the language in Pokémon X was set to Korean and the language in Pokémon Y was set to English? Or would it fail since that Pokémon X was played on a UK-located 3DS? (Keep in mind the save file on Pokémon X would be marked as being played on a UK-located 3DS in order to determine Vivillon's pattern.)

Unfortunately I cannot provide any evidence, but I will go out and say that in that scenario, it should work. At a guess, maybe Game Freak are actually "rewarding" people who buy multiple games or collaborate with other people.

Unfortunately I cannot provide any evidence, but I will go out and say that in that scenario, it should work. At a guess, maybe Game Freak are actually "rewarding" people who buy multiple games or collaborate with other people.

I was thinking the same thing, but I was hoping someone might have found something that definitely confirms/denies that. Ah well, thanks for answering, though!

Does Brave Bird have priority in Gen VI?
A talonflame using it outsped my Greninja despite it using a priority move.

Does Brave Bird have priority in Gen VI?
A talonflame using it outsped my Greninja despite it using a priority move.

Talonflame's hiden ability, Gale Wings, gives +1 priority, i think, to any flying type move it uses

Does bulbagarden have a shiny value request/hatching thread? and if not where would the best place for such a thread be. I refuse to get reddit, and it's kinda messy right now anyway, and gamefaqs is too slow and their database is not sorted.

Would Amulet Coin and Luck Incense stack (i.e. in a double battle)? I'm trying to maximize the money I can make at the cafés.

Does bulbagarden have a shiny value request/hatching thread? and if not where would the best place for such a thread be. I refuse to get reddit, and it's kinda messy right now anyway, and gamefaqs is too slow and their database is not sorted.

I don't think that there's a general thread, but you can create one in the Trade Station.

What's with the GTS?!

So I was looking for a Muk today(which are found in friend safaris quite frequently) and what the people on the GTS are asking for are Yveltal's, Xerneas's and Mewtwos. What the heck? Who on earth would trade their legendary for a MUK. The GTS is screwed up!

Re: What's with the GTS?!

So I was looking for a Muk today(which are found in friend safaris quite frequently) and what the people on the GTS are asking for are Yveltal's, Xerneas's and Mewtwos. What the heck? Who on earth would trade their legendary for a MUK. The GTS is screwed up!

I agree they should go catch the legends themselves, it's not that hard really

Well, you have to consider that some people may only have one copy of the game and as a result can only get the version exclusive legendary. Mewtwo on the other hand, is a different story.

Well, you have to consider that some people may only have one copy of the game and as a result can only get the version exclusive legendary. Mewtwo on the other hand, is a different story.
Yet they actually think someone would trade a legendary for a muk? That's a little bizarre.

Yet they actually think someone would trade a legendary for a muk? That's a little bizarre.

Hey, I traded my Yveltal for a Squirtle. It's possible.

Hey, I traded my Yveltal for a Squirtle. It's possible.

Should have told me, I have tons of squirtles, lol

Does big root affect Oblivion Wing? According to the wiki, it doesn't say it but I assume big root should work on it.

Does big root affect Oblivion Wing? According to the wiki, it doesn't say it but I assume big root should work on it.

According to the discussion on Oblivion Wing's page, it does.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom