• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Where on Victory Road can i find the pokemon that swoop from the sky? I'm trying to find Fearow and Skarmory for my pokedex, but i don't see any aerial ambushes or anything.

They appear in the outside areas, there are shadows that suddenly appear and you'll hear wings flapping if you are close to it.

The first outside area after the first cave seems to have them appear most often. At least by my experience. The trees on the right just past the bridge are a common spot to see the shadow. It only appears there once per trip in-out of the cave, so you'd have to re-enter the cave and exit again for the shadow to appear again.

Thanks, i was able to get both Fearow and Skarmory in that very area.

Silly question, but if I have a Geodude traded to me (UK) from Italy, from a game card played in English, is it still considered foreign for the use if the Masuda method?

I recently saw a forum post over at Marriland that says the Masuda Method was based on language and not country of origin. I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else, but I think at this point this is the general consensus, so if you're playing your game in English and you receive a Pokémon from a game file that was in English, the Masuda Method won't work.

Should I use Slurpuff or Aromatisse? I want to try them out.

Should I use Slurpuff or Aromatisse? I want to try them out.

Well, it's all up to personal preference, but according to Bulbapedia, Slurpuff has the higher base stat total.

X and Y region lock.

Hi I was thinking of importing a US Pokemon Y for my brother for Christmas like I did last year with Pokemon Black 2.
I recall my US version of White 2 works in both my PAL 3DS and US 3DS and I'm wondering if it would work with Pokemon Y as well.
I know someones tried a PAL game in a Japanese console and it didn't work but I can't find anything on whether a US version works in a PAL console.
Is anyone able to confirm whether it will work?

Re: X and Y region lock.

Hi I was thinking of importing a US Pokemon Y for my brother for Christmas like I did last year with Pokemon Black 2.
I recall my US version of White 2 works in both my PAL 3DS and US 3DS and I'm wondering if it would work with Pokemon Y as well.
I know someones tried a PAL game in a Japanese console and it didn't work but I can't find anything on whether a US version works in a PAL console.

Nah, it won't work. DS games are not region-locked, which is why your North American White 2 worked in a PAL 3DS. 3DS games are region-locked, however, so a North American Pokémon X/Y will only work in a North American 3DS.

i'm really sorry, i tried to find a question i could answer but they're all answered or i just don't know :(

my question is about the move relearner.
i am trying to breed a Gallade for use as a catcher with the following moves. Hypnosis, False Swipes, Thunderwave and Mean Look (a set i found on another forum)

i am wondering if i train up my ralts into a kirlia and then into a gallade, if i take my gallade to the move relearner, will i be able to learn moves from ralts and kirlia? or just from Gallades moveset?

this is mostly concerning False Swipes and Hypnosis.
hypnosis is available at level 45 ralts and 53 Kirlia however false swipes is only available level 50 gallade.

unfortunately ralts evolves to kirlia at 20 and i could cancel kirlias evolution and then keep training to 45 learn hypnosis then evolve to gallade and teach it false swipes.

TL;DR
but my question still stands will a relearner only learn the moves of the individual pokemon or of all the evolutions previous?
also can it learn them even if the move was voided at the time of possibly learning it?

i'm really sorry, i tried to find a question i could answer but they're all answered or i just don't know :(

my question is about the move relearner.
i am trying to breed a Gallade for use as a catcher with the following moves. Hypnosis, False Swipes, Thunderwave and Mean Look (a set i found on another forum)

i am wondering if i train up my ralts into a kirlia and then into a gallade, if i take my gallade to the move relearner, will i be able to learn moves from ralts and kirlia? or just from Gallades moveset?

this is mostly concerning False Swipes and Hypnosis.
hypnosis is available at level 45 ralts and 53 Kirlia however false swipes is only available level 50 gallade.

unfortunately ralts evolves to kirlia at 20 and i could cancel kirlias evolution and then keep training to 45 learn hypnosis then evolve to gallade and teach it false swipes.

TL;DR
but my question still stands will a relearner only learn the moves of the individual pokemon or of all the evolutions previous?
also can it learn them even if the move was voided at the time of possibly learning it?

False Swipe it can learn through relearner due to it being a move it can learn by level up. Moves such as Hypnosis that it's prevos learn but it can't, cannot be relearned through the Move Relearner.

Pretty much any moves a pre-evolved Pokemon can learn but their evolved form cannot learn cannot be relearned through the Move Relearner.

Is it me or were the catch rates raised in this game? I keep Catching Mewtwo with like under 10 dusk balls, and I remember it taking like 50+ ultra balls before.

Also if anyone else can confirm it seems like the have lowered the max EVs per stat to 252 instead of 255.

Is it me or were the catch rates raised in this game? I keep Catching Mewtwo with like under 10 dusk balls, and I remember it taking like 50+ ultra balls before.

Also if anyone else can confirm it seems like the have lowered the max EVs per stat to 252 instead of 255.

Not sure about Mewtwo, but I know Xerneas & Yveltal have high catch rates. It's also important to note that Dusk Balls have a higher chance of catching a Pokémon caught in a cave (maybe they increased this chance in X/Y?), which may explain (at least partially) why you're finding Mewtwo easier to catch. Could also just be luck. :p

And I remember other members mentioning in either this thread or the Super Training thread that EVs now cap at 252 instead of 255.

If I erase a pokes EVs that is at lvl 100 and redo them will it still change the stats?

Nah, it won't work. DS games are not region-locked, which is why your North American White 2 worked in a PAL 3DS. 3DS games are region-locked, however, so a North American Pokémon X/Y will only work in a North American 3DS.
DSi enhanced games are region locked and if I recall the Japanese 5th gen games wont work on a US/PAL DSi and 3DS.

If I erase a pokes EVs that is at lvl 100 and redo them will it still change the stats?

Yes; since stats are recalculated after every battle, as soon as you get all the EVs redone and go through another battle, the stats should be how you want them.

I think Mewtwo is different for everyone, since it took me 30 Ultra Balls to catch per game.

Yes, the Max EVs per stat are indeed 252. Super Training stops exactly at that number for two stats, and then always adds +6 for the third stat every time.

DSi enhanced games are region locked and if I recall the Japanese 5th gen games wont work on a US/PAL DSi and 3DS.

Gah, you're right--I mis-remembered my information, sorry! @__@;;

Most, if not all, English* copies of B/W/B2/W2 have a special region code that allows them to work on DSi/3DS devices from multiple regions. The second post in this thread explains why this happens. 3DS games don't use this special code, so they're strictly region-locked.

*I can confirm US copies, at least; I can't explicitly confirm English copies for PAL regions, but this thread suggests that it's the same thing for English PAL copies

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom