• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Which benefits more, nature or IV? For example if I have a Modest Garchomp with max Att IV and an Adamant Garchomp with 0 Att IV, which one would have more Attack?

A negative nature decreases a stat by 10%, while 0 IVs adds nothing extra to the increased stat. It's better to have no IVs and a 10% increasing stat than the opposite. However, neither scenario is recommended.

Another silly question. Is there any difference between Huge Power and Pure Power?

its definitely, one million percent possible to breed shinies. In fact, this gen it SEEMS to be easier, although it could just be coincidence that had me breed my first ever (bred) shiny, followed a day later by my 2nd ever bred shiny.

Shiny Legendaries?

I know that Xerneas and Yveltal are shiny locked, but I think someone has caught a shiny Moltres before, and I've also heard of a shiny Mewtwo.
I would really appreciate it if you could confirm my doubts.
I have 2 questions:

1-When the Legendary Bird is encountered in the wild and fled from the first time, if it is not shiny, will it remain that way?
2-I'm not sure if the Mewtwo is shiny locked, because I have been soft-resetting for quite awhile, and still unable to find one. Can someone please give me any evidence you have of a shiny Mewtwo?

If you could help me with my doubts, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

Okay so, after I downed the E4 I went to Kiloude and I got my Absolite after beating the rival. I also went to Anistar and talked to Sycamore and he upgraded my mega ring. Then, at 8:01 pm I went into Santalune forest, no heracrossite. Went to Cyllage Gym, no Aggronite. Went to Reflection Cave, no Alakazite. I checked locations, stalked various sites explaining what to do and how to do it and I am now sure that there is something wrong, because I have everything set up for the mega stones to start appearing. Help?

Use the colour of the sky's in game to determine, when its orangish that's when you can find mega stones

Another silly question. Is there any difference between Huge Power and Pure Power?

um

huge power is more widespread

(that's it)

Last edited by a moderator:

They have exactly the same effect: doubling the attack stat. The only difference is that Pure Power is the signature ability of Meditite's evolutionary line, while several evolutionary lines can posses the Huge Power ability (although it started out as the signature ability of the Marill evolutionary family)

Re: Need help with Mega Stones

Okay so, after I downed the E4 I went to Kiloude and I got my Absolite after beating the rival. I also went to Anistar and talked to Sycamore and he upgraded my mega ring. Then, at 8:01 pm I went into Santalune forest, no heracrossite. Went to Cyllage Gym, no Aggronite. Went to Reflection Cave, no Alakazite. I checked locations, stalked various sites explaining what to do and how to do it and I am now sure that there is something wrong, because I have everything set up for the mega stones to start appearing. Help?
Just to confirm, was the sundial at Anistar City activated? It might be an issue regarding daylight savings time, since the 3DS doesn't change its time after the time shift.

I went to the sundial and tried "activating" it, but nothing happens. Is it activated once Sycamore updates your mega ring or is there something else you have to do?

I went to the sundial and tried "activating" it, but nothing happens. Is it activated once Sycamore updates your mega ring or is there something else you have to do?
It is activated after Sycamore updates your mega ring, but it works only from 20:00 till 21:00 every day.

It is activated after Sycamore updates your mega ring, but it works only from 20:00 till 21:00 every day.

Yes, well I have done that already and I have checked every area where the stones are supposed to be at 8:00 and 9:00 pm every night so far. Nothing appears.

Trading Issue

So I know that there is no way to trade from generation 2 up to 3 BUT in my search to find a way I did come across someone who claims you can get pokemon from gen2 up to 3 through stadium and colluseum. If there is any way to AT ALL to trade pokemon from gen2 to 3 and up Please let me know if you know anything I really would be heartbroken if I could not bring my surfing pikachu with me to the end...

Re: Trading Issue

So I know that there is no way to trade from generation 2 up to 3 BUT in my search to find a way I did come across someone who claims you can get pokemon from gen2 up to 3 through stadium and colluseum. If there is any way to AT ALL to trade pokemon from gen2 to 3 and up Please let me know if you know anything I really would be heartbroken if I could not bring my surfing pikachu with me to the end...

Unfortunately, I don't believe that there is a way. Stadium and Coliseum can't connect with each other, and they also cannot connect with handheld games from a different generation than their own.

That being said, if you happened to get the Yellow Forest trail on the HGSS Pokéwalker, you can find Surfing Pikachu there. Otherwise, they are out there, and people might be willing to trade for them. I know it won't be the same one, but still...

Last edited:

Is the am/pm set right on your 3DS?

I have a 2DS, and so it doesn't show am or pm on the clock. Nor can you change between am or pm. It just shows the date and time.
What time does it show? Did you go into the Settings on the 2DS and check the time? It might be because it uses a 24 hour clock and the right time on the 2DS to find the stones will be 20:00-21:00.

PID and SID

Does anyone know how to calculate it in 4th gen? If you know, could you please help ? :)

Has anyone tried breeding the move Happy Hour onto other pokemon using a Smeargle or Inkay?

Easiest method of trading?

Ok so I am already FAR beyond irritated that I cannot trade fron generation 2 up as I had intended to catch and raise pokemon ONCE each not having to re=catch them every new game I move on to. I also had wanted to take my surfing pikachu to the end but this is unfortunately impossible now. So to accomplish my goal of catching pokemon only once and taking them as I go I came to this order of games.. I hate starting at generation 3 but because ss and hg came out with gen 4 I cannot trade backwards thus Game Freak loosing the last bit of respect I had forcing me to start with either first gen or third. I chose third so I could go from 1rst to 2nd in peace. So here is my order of games that should keep me from having to backtrack: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leaf Green, Fire Red, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, White, Black, White2, Black2, X, Y. This order "HOPEFULLY" will allow me to fill the pokedex as I go without having to backtrack however today I realized if I train poke's and evolve them then trade over I wont get entries for the previous evolutions AGAIN Gamefreak digging a hole with me. I however will figure that out.

My question is, what is the easiest method of trading? I realize with each new generation of poke's added to my trade list this will become tedius but I can handle that I'm just wondering how would all of you go about trading that many pokemon seeing as you cannot just transfer or gift them (another reason I hate Game Freak) . Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a side question too I hope you all dont mind. I'm trying to stay as legit as possible no cheats ect.. So pokemon like Mew that were only catchable through events can they be caught any other way? Or are there still events to catch them? I have NEVER seen or heard of these saposed events in all the years I have had pokemon sooo how would I catch my own legit mew now??...

Thanks guys. Sorry for poor sentence structure, grammar, spelling ect..

Re: Easiest method of trading?

Ok so I am already FAR beyond irritated that I cannot trade fron generation 2 up as I had intended to catch and raise pokemon ONCE each not having to re=catch them every new game I move on to. I also had wanted to take my surfing pikachu to the end but this is unfortunately impossible now. So to accomplish my goal of catching pokemon only once and taking them as I go I came to this order of games.. I hate starting at generation 3 but because ss and hg came out with gen 4 I cannot trade backwards thus Game Freak loosing the last bit of respect I had forcing me to start with either first gen or third. I chose third so I could go from 1rst to 2nd in peace. So here is my order of games that should keep me from having to backtrack: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leaf Green, Fire Red, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, White, Black, White2, Black2, X, Y. This order "HOPEFULLY" will allow me to fill the pokedex as I go without having to backtrack however today I realized if I train poke's and evolve them then trade over I wont get entries for the previous evolutions AGAIN Gamefreak digging a hole with me. I however will figure that out.

My question is, what is the easiest method of trading? I realize with each new generation of poke's added to my trade list this will become tedius but I can handle that I'm just wondering how would all of you go about trading that many pokemon seeing as you cannot just transfer or gift them (another reason I hate Game Freak) . Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a side question too I hope you all dont mind. I'm trying to stay as legit as possible no cheats ect.. So pokemon like Mew that were only catchable through events can they be caught any other way? Or are there still events to catch them? I have NEVER seen or heard of these saposed events in all the years I have had pokemon sooo how would I catch my own legit mew now??...

Thanks guys. Sorry for poor sentence structure, grammar, spelling ect..

Well in order to trade from one game to the other by yourself, you'll need two of the appropriate game systems:
- In the case of Gen 3 games, that means 2 GBAs and a link cable.
-Pokemon from Gen 3 are transfered to Gen 4 through use of the GBA slot in a DS Phat or DS Lite only. From Gen 4-5, you'll need 2 DS systems to use PokeTransfer to get Gen 4 Pokemon to Gen 5
-Pokemon Bank will open this month for transfering to Gen 6 using PokeTransporter which works with Pokemon Bank to get Pokemon to X/Y.It will be downloaded on your 3DS and will require a yearly fee of $5 USD, but there will be a one month free trial you can use to transfer at no cost after which you will need to pay the yearly fee.

Also on the subject of events, the only way to get past event Pokemon now is by either wi-fi trading or use of a cheat device or program. We have a section here to arrange trades and get past event Pokemon as well as any Pokemon you need for your dex.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom