• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

3. Apparently, Amie happiness and "regular" happiness are separated. I'm pretty sure "regular" happiness overrides Amie happiness once it reaches a certain level, but I still wouldn't use Amie until after you get Umbreon and Espeon.
I'm not so sure about that. I evolved an Eevee into Sylveon using mostly Amie happiness.

3. Apparently, Amie happiness and "regular" happiness are separated. I'm pretty sure "regular" happiness overrides Amie happiness once it reaches a certain level, but I still wouldn't use Amie until after you get Umbreon and Espeon.
I'm not so sure about that. I evolved an Eevee into Sylveon using mostly Amie happiness.

Well yes, because Amie is required to evolve Eevee into Sylveon. What I'm saying is that if you use Amie and reach the 2 heart minimum to evolve Eevee into Sylveon, it might not evolve into Espeon or Umbreon until the "regular" happiness level reaches a certain level. So you might get tricked into thinking you are getting an Espeon or Umbreon but then it will evolve into Sylveon because of Amie and then it will be too late to stop the evolution.

Oh ok I didn't realize it was actually required. I read it, didn't really believe it (thought it was just happiness in general), but did it that way anyway.

Well yes, because Amie is required to evolve Eevee into Sylveon. What I'm saying is that if you use Amie and reach the 2 heart minimum to evolve Eevee into Sylveon, it might not evolve into Espeon or Umbreon until the "regular" happiness level reaches a certain level. So you might get tricked into thinking you are getting an Espeon or Umbreon but then it will evolve into Sylveon because of Amie and then it will be too late to stop the evolution.

If you want Espeon or Umbreon, just make sure your Eevee doesn't know any Fairy-type moves and you'll be good to go.

That poses an interesting question: what if Eevee meets both the conditions for Sylveon and Espeon/Umbreon? does it evolve randomly?

Hey does anyone know if the pokemon bank can transfer between games? i.e. I want to restart my X can I transfer them to the bank then from the bank to my Y?

Hey does anyone know if the pokemon bank can transfer between games? i.e. I want to restart my X can I transfer them to the bank then from the bank to my Y?

Yes. You can trade between multiple games and save files, nothing is tied to any one trainer ID, so you can get things in and out as long as it's the same 3DS.

Hatching Power 3: Nerfed?

Did the timing for Hatching Power 3 get lowered? I used to be able to hatch 5 eggs with a Flame Body / Hatch 3 combo, but now it ends after 4 hatchings.

That poses an interesting question: what if Eevee meets both the conditions for Sylveon and Espeon/Umbreon? does it evolve randomly?

I believe it will evolve into Sylveon as long as it has a Fairy-move and 2 hearts of happiness no matter if it's day or night with max happiness.

I believe it will evolve into Sylveon as long as it has a Fairy-move and 2 hearts of happiness no matter if it's day or night with max happiness.
but what if you want an espeon with baby doll eyes and it has 2 hearts?

but what if you want an espeon with baby doll eyes and it has 2 hearts?

You have to delete it, evolve into Espeon, and remember it.

For some reason...

I can't access Wondertrade, GTS, or any PSS function on X/Y. It says it can't connect to the server, but my internet works fine!

Does anyone know what is happening?

Alright, I have a question, and hopefully it has a simple answer.

What I want to know is, how much of a difference does a Pokemon's Individual Values make? When I train my Pokemon, I pay attention to EV's and Natures, but I've never paid any attention to IV's just because it seems incredibly time-consuming, random, and hard to predict. With EV's and Natures it's easy to get exactly what I want in terms of strength and effectiveness, but I've never tried going for IV's. Is it worth the time and effort trying to get that magical number 31 if I'm going to play competitively? Is there some method I'm missing when it comes to getting the IV's you want?

I can't access Wondertrade, GTS, or any PSS function on X/Y. It says it can't connect to the server, but my internet works fine!

Does anyone know what is happening?
Did you download the patch that was released on the Nintendo eShop for the game? It is required before being able go online in X/Y. If you have downloaded the patch, it might be something on Nintendo's end.

Alright, I have a question, and hopefully it has a simple answer.

What I want to know is, how much of a difference does a Pokemon's Individual Values make? When I train my Pokemon, I pay attention to EV's and Natures, but I've never paid any attention to IV's just because it seems incredibly time-consuming, random, and hard to predict. With EV's and Natures it's easy to get exactly what I want in terms of strength and effectiveness, but I've never tried going for IV's. Is it worth the time and effort trying to get that magical number 31 if I'm going to play competitively? Is there some method I'm missing when it comes to getting the IV's you want?

Higher IVs basically make one Pokemon's stats higher than another of the same species. Combined with a benefitting nature and maxed EVs, the stat can be the best it can be with an IV of 31. In competitive battles, its important to have a Pokemon's stats as high as they can be to take down the opponent.

Higher IVs basically make one Pokemon's stats higher than another of the same species. Combined with a benefitting nature and maxed EVs, the stat can be the best it can be with an IV of 31. In competitive battles, its important to have a Pokemon's stats as high as they can be to take down the opponent.

I'm aware of that, I'm just wondering if it really makes that big of a difference. It doesn't seem worth it to me to hatch hundreds of eggs just to get the one magic number in the stat you want, unless there's some process that I'm unaware of that makes it easier than it seems.

I'm aware of that, I'm just wondering if it really makes that big of a difference. It doesn't seem worth it to me to hatch hundreds of eggs just to get the one magic number in the stat you want, unless there's some process that I'm unaware of that makes it easier than it seems.
It doesn't make as much as a difference as EVs and Nature but it still makes a difference and in competitve battling it's always better to stretch your pokemon stats to the max possible.

There's an item in Gen 6 called the Destiny Knot that passes down 5 parental IVs making it easier, however to get a lot of them it requires parents to have high IVs to pass down and you cannot control which ones get passed down. Also Pokemon caught in the Friend Safari have 2 perfect IVs so it's easier to find parents to breed with.

I think its worth it and makes a difference if you want the stat to have that extra boost that high IVs give it than a Pokemon that doesnt have high IVs.

Help!

So, Shiny Celebi told me to update X & Y, but guess what?

I can't access the eShop.

Since I can't update my X and Y, I can't trade anyone! Can someone help me?

@ThatCrazyArtist; I moved this into the X/Y Simple Questions thread because Help and Suggestions is not for asking for game help, its only for forum issues/help and suggestions.

As for your question, were you able to access it before? There was recently an update for the eShop you have to do and have you done the 3DS system update? That possibly might be why.

I just updated my system, but I still can't access it.

I believe I was, I never have really needed it until now.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom