• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Can a Pokemon have a perfect IV in a certain stat while simultaneously having a hindering nature for that stat? For example, could a Pokemon with a Lonely nature (one that lowers defense) have an IV of 31 in Defense, or are IVs calculated while taking the nature into account?
IVs and natures are separated from each other, they don't affect each other and yes a pokemon can have 31 IVs in Defense and a defense hindering nature.

Last edited:

I keep reading about IV and 31/31/x/31, can you explain to me what it is? (Yes, I'm a noob ^^ )

I keep reading about IV and 31/31/x/31, can you explain to me what it is? (Yes, I'm a noob ^^ )

There's a Bulbagarden article on Individual Values (IVs): http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Individual_values

It is all explained here :thumbup:

Oh, and about the 31/x/0 stuff, an x means that the amount of IVs for a particular stat is unknown, a zero means that stat has 0 IVs and 31 means that stat has 31(max) IVs.

For instance, a Pokémon with 31/31/31/x/31/0 has max IVs in HP, Attack, Defence and Special Defense, an unknown amount of IVs in Special Attack and 0 IVs in Speed.

I hope this clears up your confusion about the numbers

Last edited:
I tried search and no joy for my question so here goes. I have Pokemon Ruby ans Sapphire that are giving me the dead battery message. This is fine, so I can't do the bug catching contest, not a big deal. What I noticed that is also not working is the link trade. When I go to the counter, the lady asks me if I want to trade, yes, save game, yes then it says waiting.... Press B to cancel. This happens on both GBA's. And after waiting several minutes no happy or link.

I'm using 2 GBA SPs with a link cable that is aftermarket. I have used this cable in the past with no issues. I have tried 2 of the same make cable same issue, but right now I don't have access to my nintendo made cable to check it there. Do I need a battery in my cart to link trade?

Dom
Is there a difference between the Pokemon Red and Blue instruction manuals?

The color of the cover art and the mom pictured on the outside. Oh and every now and then they will say Pokemon Blue instead of Pokemon Red or visa versa. If you are wanting to learn how the game is played or something like that the info will be the same.

Dom

Well I got it to work finally. I found that the link cable I was using does not like the pokemon games after the batteries die but the grey cable from nintendo works just fine. I'm not sure what the difference is, I checked the cable for continuity and they are the same pin for pin. Maybe there is something inside the purple box that makes them different.

Anyway I thought I would post this here just in case anyone else had the same issue.

Dom

Last edited:

In X & Y, are the items Deep Sea Scale & Deep Sea tooth found on wild Clamperl? Just want to check because I've caught about a million & have not seen this yet.

My dex is up to 585. From what I can tell, it cannot go much higher at the present time. Since I cant really get an exact answer without people including unobtainables, event pokemon & ones that you cannot get til after the bank, I am just GUESSING that I can only get just a few more for now. I'm going to do the bank, but with the # of people in the world who will be using it I am expecting there to be issues at first.
Oh, and also I cannot find one of my games so that's a big hinderance. ANND there's the issue of PC space. Going to go now & check whether my copy of X/Y can even hold 700some.
If they do allow space for one of each Pokemon we've got to account for duplicates, babies, etc. etc. so that's what I want to see. If there is actually a way to hold more than the exact #.

In X & Y, are the items Deep Sea Scale & Deep Sea tooth found on wild Clamperl? Just want to check because I've caught about a million & have not seen this yet.

No, but you can find them in Azure Bay if you haven't already. Also, those items were never able to be found on wild Clamperl. It would have been too easy to evolve them if that were the case. xDD

My dex is up to 585. From what I can tell, it cannot go much higher at the present time. Since I cant really get an exact answer without people including unobtainables, event pokemon & ones that you cannot get til after the bank, I am just GUESSING that I can only get just a few more for now. I'm going to do the bank, but with the # of people in the world who will be using it I am expecting there to be issues at first.
Oh, and also I cannot find one of my games so that's a big hinderance. ANND there's the issue of PC space. Going to go now & check whether my copy of X/Y can even hold 700some.
If they do allow space for one of each Pokemon we've got to account for duplicates, babies, etc. etc. so that's what I want to see. If there is actually a way to hold more than the exact #.
I dont think they can be found on Clamperl, but one of each can be obtained in Azure Bay.

XY has 31 PC boxes which each hold 30 Pokemon, which means 930 Pokemon total can be stored in the PC, so even with obatining every Pokemon in the National Dex, you'd still have a bit of room for extras.

Ohhh ok thanks! so does this mean that there are only 1 of each in the game? I'm guessing if they are items that can be found just lying around that's the case. Aaand shoot! I forgot to ask my other thing & I don't wanna create a whole another thing. What is the DEAL with Taillow/Swellow?? I have spent so much time looking for them that I refuse to even trade to get one lol because its just been too long. I see that theyre supposed to be on route 10 but there must be some kind of special circumstances or something.

Ohhh ok thanks! so does this mean that there are only 1 of each in the game? I'm guessing if they are items that can be found just lying around that's the case. Aaand shoot! I forgot to ask my other thing & I don't wanna create a whole another thing. What is the DEAL with Taillow/Swellow?? I have spent so much time looking for them that I refuse to even trade to get one lol because its just been too long. I see that theyre supposed to be on route 10 but there must be some kind of special circumstances or something.
Taillow is on Route 8, only appears as a horde encounter and it is rare to find it.

Taillow is found in Hoardes, if you havent found any of those, thats probably why also according to Bulbapedia you can find them on Rt 8 not Rt 10.You can make a hoade encounter happen by using Sweet Scent outside battle or use Honey.

Ohhh ok thanks! so does this mean that there are only 1 of each in the game?

There are ways to get more; while the items aren't found on wild Clamperl, they can be found on other wild Pokémon. Chinchou, Lanturn, Gorebyss, Blue-Striped Basculin, and Relicanth can hold the Deep Sea Scale, and Carvanha, Sharpedo, Huntail, and Red-Striped Basculin can hold the Deep Sea Tooth.

That being said, there is only a 5% chance of finding one on a wild Pokémon (10% with the Compoundeyes ability on your lead). If you don't have any specific reason to obtain a Huntail/Gorebyss by evolving Clamperl (e.g. for specific moves only Clamperl can learn), it might be easier to simply go catch a wild one. (Of course, they are version-exclusive; wild Gorebyss can be found in Y, while Huntail can be found in X).

This may have been asked before so if there is an answer on the forums please link me to it. Where do I get contact lenses for my character? It looks like me except for the eyes

This may have been asked before so if there is an answer on the forums please link me to it. Where do I get contact lenses for my character? It looks like me except for the eyes

In the PR Video Studio, there's someone inside the building that will give you the case for contact lenses. The PR Video Studio is the purple building in Lumiose City on South Boulevard.

Can I have the Dad (Nuzleaf) holding the Rose incense with the mum (Roselia) holding the everstone to get a Budew with the egg move and the nature? or does the mum have to have the Insence, meaning I'd get a Roselia instead?

Can I have the Dad (Nuzleaf) holding the Rose incense with the mum (Roselia) holding the everstone to get a Budew with the egg move and the nature? or does the mum have to have the Insence, meaning I'd get a Roselia instead?

Roselia has to hold a Rose Incense to get a Budew. If you want the nature, you should find a father with that nature and give him an everstone.
Or you could breed a male Roselia with the egg move (Extrasensory I presume?) from the current pair. Then give him the Rose Incense and let your current mother hold the Everstone. That way you'll get the egg move and the nature, but it requires a bit of work. But you can do that, right?

Aside from the pickup ability, are there any easier ways to get a Prism Scale to evolve Feebas?

Aside from the pickup ability, are there any easier ways to get a Prism Scale to evolve Feebas?

They can be found in Centrico Boulevard in Lumiose City,Couriway Town and Pokemon Village(by shaking Trash cans) according to Bulbapedia.

Last edited:

Roselia has to hold a Rose Incense to get a Budew. If you want the nature, you should find a father with that nature and give him an everstone.
Or you could breed a male Roselia with the egg move (Extrasensory I presume?) from the current pair. Then give him the Rose Incense and let your current mother hold the Everstone. That way you'll get the egg move and the nature, but it requires a bit of work. But you can do that, right?

Shouldn't be much more effort actually, cheers. I originally wanted that Spec attack +, attack - one but caught like 50 female Roselia and none had it. Settled for spec attack + and spec def -, hope that wont cause too much trouble :\

So I just got X today and I've already had Y. I'm curious, will my friends/acquaintances from Y appear in X, as I am using the same DS?

If you're wondering, I am unable to check myself right now because I have not been able to access EShop at all today to download patch 1.2 and connect to the internet.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom