• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

So I just got X today and I've already had Y. I'm curious, will my friends/acquaintances from Y appear in X, as I am using the same DS?

If you're wondering, I am unable to check myself right now because I have not been able to access EShop at all today to download patch 1.2 and connect to the internet.

I'm not sure about acquaintances, but your friends will remain the same since it's the same DS.

Yeah, the EShop has been down all day.

So I just got X today and I've already had Y. I'm curious, will my friends/acquaintances from Y appear in X, as I am using the same DS?

If you're wondering, I am unable to check myself right now because I have not been able to access EShop at all today to download patch 1.2 and connect to the internet.

I'm not sure about acquaintances, but your friends will remain the same since it's the same DS.

Thanks~ So I should assume that it would be impossible for me to be friends with myself without another DS, then?

Yeah, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

I've heard that the event distributions can be done with serial codes now. Is it true?

So if I don't manage to get a certain event Pokémon within the stated period, can I get it later?

Thanks~ So I should assume that it would be impossible for me to be friends with myself without another DS, then?

Yeah, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

No problem~ :) I believe so.

I've heard that the event distributions can be done with serial codes now. Is it true?

So if I don't manage to get a certain event Pokémon within the stated period, can I get it later?

The Serial Codes are for certain events they give out that way, however I dont think you can get events you missed unless the code is specifically for that event

I'm really confused on how to get the Egg Hatching O-power in the game.

From what I've read online, you have to have your style points in Lumiose City maxed out and have all the other O-powers. Problem is, I do have all the other O-powers, and, to my knowledge, I've done everything there is to do in Lumiose. Got my hair styled, made two PR videos, got a Furfrou clip, and played loto-ID several times; went to Le Nah, Le Yeah, Le Wow, AND Sushi High-Roller; took the museum tour, the Gogoat shuttle, and the Battle Institute challenge; bought berry juice, herbal medicines, tons of Premier/Luxury balls, the Charizardite Y stone, stylish clothes from the expensive clothes shop, and to top it all off, I've visited every single Cafe' in town.

Everybody says once you are stylish enough, then Mr. Bonding should appear in Cafe' Introvert. The taxi-cab guy gives me a discount for being stylish, everybody in the cafe's says I'm stylish, I get free admittance to the museum audio tour for being stylish... I have to be the most stylish trainer in all of Kalos at this point! There has to be something I'm missing, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is.

Hi there! I've been IV breeding Bergmite lately and I'm planning on breeding it for egg moves too. But there are just 4 known egg moves for the little iceberg. These egg moves are Mirror Coat, Barrier, Mist and Recover. Bergmite also learns the latter two by level up, so I don't have to breed to get those. I tried to breed Ice Shard and Amnesia onto it, but that didn't work at all. Same for Superpower, Iron Head, Head Smash, Outrage, Stealth Rock and Rock Climb.

This is where you guys (and girls) come in. I wondered if anyone else has been experimenting with egg moves for Bergmite, and I would like to know what you found. Or if you happen to know some more egg moves for our favorite stalagmite without having them yourselves, that would be fine too.

Bergmite's Bulbagarden page won't be of any help on this matter, as it is still far from complete.
I will keep breeding in the mean time and I will add my possible discoveries to this post.

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT: I discovered that Powder Snow, Icy Wind and Take Down are egg moves for Bergmite. Useless egg moves though, because it also learns these moves by level up.

Last edited:

Okay, I have a question about this weird trainer in the Battle Maison. When I select the Multi Battle option and select not to play with friends, the NPC partner select pops up as normal, but there's one trainer that, as afar as I know, shouldn't be there. It's a female trainer named 'Kekea', which happens to be my casual gaming tag outside of Pokemon and a few others. I should mention that she showed up before I started using Streetpass or Spotpass, and I have no friends registered to my game. I'm assuming it might be a randomly generated trainer using the name of my 3DS, but I'm not entirely sure. Also, the eyes. LOOK AT THE EYES.

Okay, I have a question about this weird trainer in the Battle Maison. When I select the Multi Battle option and select not to play with friends, the NPC partner select pops up as normal, but there's one trainer that, as afar as I know, shouldn't be there. It's a female trainer named 'Kekea', which happens to be my casual gaming tag outside of Pokemon and a few others. I should mention that she showed up before I started using Streetpass or Spotpass, and I have no friends registered to my game. I'm assuming it might be a randomly generated trainer using the name of my 3DS, but I'm not entirely sure. Also, the eyes. LOOK AT THE EYES.

Well, I just checked my game and there was a person with with my name there.(It had those creepy eyes as well)
Also, besides all of the rivals, all of the other choices(friends on the 3ds friend list) have those eyes as well ( ._.)

I also have a question. How exactly is the type of friend safari and pokemon in the friend safari determined from the friend code.(also wondering if this deserves its own thread)

Last edited:

Thank you. Is it possible to get an event without starting a save?

Thank you. Is it possible to get an event without starting a save?
I don't believe so due to the fact that you automatically start the game without going to the screen where you can select mystery gift the first time you play.

More of a general question about the Pokedex than an X&Y specific question, but... I'm going to attempt to complete the Pokedex this gen in hopes of getting the shiny charm. (I believe Serebii confirmed it's in this gen while doing Pokebank coverage) Do I have to have owned the Pokémon at some point though for it to count, or does just seeing them count towards that?

More of a general question about the Pokedex than an X&Y specific question, but... I'm going to attempt to complete the Pokedex this gen in hopes of getting the shiny charm. (I believe Serebii confirmed it's in this gen while doing Pokebank coverage) Do I have to have owned the Pokémon at some point though for it to count, or does just seeing them count towards that?

You have to own all the Pokemon, except for event exclusives I believe.

Strongest Bug Type?

So I am looking to make a team of different pokemon and I am trying to figure out which is the strongest bug-type. My understanding of it is that Genesect is really strong but the chances of finding someone to trade him with me for some reasonable are slim. So what is the strongest none legendary bug-type is what I am asking.

Re: Strongest Bug Type?

So I am looking to make a team of different pokemon and I am trying to figure out which is the strongest bug-type. My understanding of it is that Genesect is really strong but the chances of finding someone to trade him with me for some reasonable are slim. So what is the strongest none legendary bug-type is what I am asking.

I think Volcarona is the strongest non-legendary based on base stats. Depending on your team, though, I would also suggest checking out some others like Scizor, Heracross, Forretress, or Galvantula (honestly, there are a lot of strong Bug types out there, I just came up with a few standouts; check this page for a full list).

the most available/catchable Pokemon in a NDS game

I couldn't find this information anywhere, unless I overlooked it or misinterpreted what I've seen written on Bulbapedia.
What I'm wondering is, which game from these 4 (pairs counted as 1 game) : Platinum, Heartgold/Soulsilver, Black/White, Black/White 2; has the most pre-gen V. Pokemon in? (discounting hardly obtainable Pokemon like from region exclusive events etc. let's say)

As of Gen V. there were 649 Pokemon introduced total, but I doubt all of them are catchable in BW2.
To make it simpler to understand what I ask is, which Pokemon game from those has the least Pokemon missing up to its relative generation? Are all or almost all Gen I-IV Pokemon available in BW2 or not? I don't care about Unova natives tbh.

This thread isn't for a lengthy discussion I believe, because I myself have a guess that it's Heartgold/Soulsilver, I would just like a confirmation.

Re: the most available/catchable Pokemon in a NDS game

I couldn't find this information anywhere, unless I overlooked it or misinterpreted what I've seen written on Bulbapedia.
What I'm wondering is, which game from these 4 (pairs counted as 1 game) : Platinum, Heartgold/Soulsilver, Black/White, Black/White 2; has the most pre-gen V. Pokemon in? (discounting hardly obtainable Pokemon like from region exclusive events etc. let's say)

As of Gen V. there were 649 Pokemon introduced total, but I doubt all of them are catchable in BW2.
To make it simpler to understand what I ask is, which Pokemon game from those has the least Pokemon missing up to its relative generation? Are all or almost all Gen I-IV Pokemon available in BW2 or not? I don't care about Unova natives tbh.

This thread isn't for a lengthy discussion I believe, because I myself have a guess that it's Heartgold/Soulsilver, I would just like a confirmation.

Off the top of my head I'd say HG/SS. My SS has more pokémon boxed than any other game I have, and nearly all of them were caught in-game. Between the play-through and the Safari Zone there are a hell of a lot of species you can catch

Re: the most available/catchable Pokemon in a NDS game

Off the top of my head I'd say HG/SS. My SS has more pokémon boxed than any other game I have, and nearly all of them were caught in-game. Between the play-through and the Safari Zone there are a hell of a lot of species you can catch

And the PokéWalker! There are lots of Pokémon on there which you can't normally catch in the games.

How do I upload a PR video D:

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom