• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I was asked ONCE. When X was fairly new. Never been asked since then.

Legendaries in Generation IV

I was wondering if you can get all the legendaries from Pearl and Diamond in Platinum. I want to get the one with the most so I can transfer them to Pokemon X.

Re: Legendaries in Generation IV

Yes, the cover legendaries from DP are catchable in Platinum. The Kanto Bird Trio are also available as roaming legends, as well as the Regi trio (though you'll need the Gen 4 era level 100 Regigias to activate the event that lets the Golem trio be catchable).

Re: Legendaries in Generation IV

That really helped! Thanks!

I was wondering, can you get all the legendaries from Black and White in Black and White 2. Also, if they are in Black and White 2, can they be found in both games?

Last edited by a moderator:

Well I have both X and Y and today after some trading it asked me to be friends. I clicked yes on both but it said my X copy could not register friends as it has no friend code... WTF. It is on a 2DS and it is a second DS system on my NID account. I can register friends with my son, and his 3DS is also a secondary system on my NID account. What am I missing here

Dom

I don't know if this is simple, but bear with me:

I'm pretty new to breeding for anything but pokédex filler and trading - I've just never bothered before. This time around, I'd really like to aim for some good IV'd pokémon, especially with the ease of Friend Safari. However, I'm also aiming for a good Volcarona - and I want it to have Giga Drain. The only way I can find to do that is with Move Tutor in B2/W2. I really would prefer not to spend a lot of time breeding and checking over there right now, since it's harder to get the IVs. Giga Drain -is- a confirmed Egg Move - but I've seen no record of it going to Larvesta. One of the known Giga Drain 'fathers' is Parasect, which is in the Bug Egg Group with Larvesta (as well as Grass), and I've seen that the move has gone outside of the Grass Egg Group. Is there even a remote chance that Giga Drain could be bred onto Larvesta from Parasect in Gen VI, or should I not waste my time trying?

Re: Gen IV Legendaries

Not quite all of them. The Genie trio are not normally available in BW2, but they can be captured in the Dream Radar app and transferred over.

Re: Gen IV Legendaries

Not quite all of them. The Genie trio are not normally available in BW2, but they can be captured in the Dream Radar app and transferred over.

Also, Zekrom and Reshiram are exclusive to Black 2 and White 2, respectively.

I don't know if this is simple, but bear with me:

I'm pretty new to breeding for anything but pokédex filler and trading - I've just never bothered before. This time around, I'd really like to aim for some good IV'd pokémon, especially with the ease of Friend Safari. However, I'm also aiming for a good Volcarona - and I want it to have Giga Drain. The only way I can find to do that is with Move Tutor in B2/W2. I really would prefer not to spend a lot of time breeding and checking over there right now, since it's harder to get the IVs. Giga Drain -is- a confirmed Egg Move - but I've seen no record of it going to Larvesta. One of the known Giga Drain 'fathers' is Parasect, which is in the Bug Egg Group with Larvesta (as well as Grass), and I've seen that the move has gone outside of the Grass Egg Group. Is there even a remote chance that Giga Drain could be bred onto Larvesta from Parasect in Gen VI, or should I not waste my time trying?

Giga Drain is not an egg move for Larvesta, sorry.

Does anyone know if Feebas can evolve without the Prism Scale in XY?
Bulbapedia said:
Although Contest conditions are a hidden stat in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, and Pokémon Black and White, a Feebas that has maximum Beauty will still evolve in these games.

So as long as you have a Max Beauty Feebas transferred over from a Gen4 game, you could evolve them in Gen5 without the Prism Scale.

I want to know if that works in Gen6. Has anybody tried it yet?

Answering myself because I tried it.

Yes, Max Beauty Feebas can evolve in Gen 6 without the Prism Scale. Case solved.

Scope Lens in Cafe Shutterbug

I was looking up how to get the Scope Lens and it said a backpacker in Cafe Shutterbug in Lumiose City after taking a photo in all photo spots and after doing that he only gave me the Wide Lens. I talked to him again, I turned off the game, I left the cafe and I made sure I had taken a photo in all spots with the 3DS camera. I read that you get the Wide Lens after taking 1 photo but the Scope Lens after taking a photo in all spots. Like I said I already took a photo in all 12 spots listed on Bulbapedia and he still isn't giving me the Scope Lens. Is there another requisite? Thanks!

Re: Scope Lens in Cafe Shutterbug

I was looking up how to get the Scope Lens and it said a backpacker in Cafe Shutterbug in Lumiose City after taking a photo in all photo spots and after doing that he only gave me the Wide Lens. I talked to him again, I turned off the game, I left the cafe and I made sure I had taken a photo in all spots with the 3DS camera. I read that you get the Wide Lens after taking 1 photo but the Scope Lens after taking a photo in all spots. Like I said I already took a photo in all 12 spots listed on Bulbapedia and he still isn't giving me the Scope Lens. Is there another requisite? Thanks!

i found out that is about the number of photos you've taken, not about the locations. i believe you need to take 15 photos to get the scope lens. at first i did the same as you, then i went to central plaza, took some photos there, went back and got the item

Re: Scope Lens in Cafe Shutterbug

i found out that is about the number of photos you've taken, not about the locations. i believe you need to take 15 photos to get the scope lens. at first i did the same as you, then i went to central plaza, took some photos there, went back and got the item
Thank you!

Did my rival just give me 150,000?

Normally when you defeat you rival in the elite four (LeafGreen) you get 15,000 with the amulet coin.

But I just defeated him, it must have been about the 10th time, I'm guessing, and I'm sure it said received 150,000 from rival. I've got no way of checking because I don't know how much money I have before but does anyone know this?

Re: Did my rival just give me 150,000?

It sounds like you just misread it. I think it's easy to mess up that one zero.

Answering myself because I tried it.

Yes, Max Beauty Feebas can evolve in Gen 6 without the Prism Scale. Case solved.

That is some VERY important information to know. Well, maybe not so much "important" as "interesting" or "relieving".

Anyway, next simple question from me;

Is there a current estimate on the shiny odds when Masuda Methoding with a Shiny Charm in XY? It'd be nice to know since I'm 8 pokemon away from getting it now.

How many EVs give 1 stat point at level 50?

So, is there any major differences between X and Y's stories? I recently got a copy of X after beating Y and feel like doing a German run.

Since my German is a little rusty, I did not know if I should pay extra attention to certain parts or if it is pretty much a parallel story.

Not sure how many people have not beaten the game on the forum so generalised answers that don't spoil too much for others would be nice. XD

So, is there any major differences between X and Y's stories? I recently got a copy of X after beating Y and feel like doing a German run.

Since my German is a little rusty, I did not know if I should pay extra attention to certain parts or if it is pretty much a parallel story.

Not sure how many people have not beaten the game on the forum so generalised answers that don't spoil too much for others would be nice. XD

I looked it up and really the only differences to the story are the reasons Lysandre wants to use the legendaries.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom