• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Does anyone know if there is any benefit to leveling Ditto up to level 100, and maxing out its friendship level before placing it in the daycare for breeding?

Does anyone know if there is any benefit to leveling Ditto up to level 100, and maxing out its friendship level before placing it in the daycare for breeding?

Seeing as there was no benefit before and no one's reported there has been, I would say there isn't one.

Anyone have a good reference guide for online battles. I want to get into wifi compitions, but my strategies are basic and limited to water beats rock etc.

I'm looking at collecting all the main series Pokemon games (starting from Red). What version (so Europe, North America ETC.) would be the most available? it'd be nice to have them all from the same region. I know that the Japanese ones are pretty common and a lot cheaper however I don't want those versions. I'm aiming for it with the box and full set.

Just another question ... can two different versions, say a Pokemon Blue from Europe trade/battle with a Pokemon Red version from North America?

What am I doing wrong; Why can't I get the perfect IVs even with Destiny Knot.

Ok, so I lucked out and got a female Dratini and a male Japanese Bagon with Outstanding stats. I bred them and got two Dratini (male and female) with Outstanding Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk and Sp. Def.

I lucked out again, and got a male Japanese Gible with Outstanding Stats in everything but attack. I evolved the Japanese Gible into Gabite and set out to try and Breed a Prefect IV Dratini, but for some reason I kept getting Dratini that lacked in stats that both parents were outstanding in despite one parent holding a Destiny knot. Some were even outright terrible.

While having a perfect IV Dragonite would be nice, My real dream is to have a perfect IV Gible I can raise to be a Garchomp since after some research I found that Garchomp was more or less the Superior, non-legendary Dragon even without Mega Evolution.

I'm starting to wonder if the Destiny Knot no longer works in Gen VI as described on the Wiki, because it sure seems I am just getting random IVs. But how can I achieve this goal when all I get are Pokémon I just release because they're taking up too much precious PC box room or Wonder Trade Over Stock?

Is there any problem in using a different 3DS to play? I ask so 'cause in gen V stuff like Black City or Join Avenue were affected if you did it.

Anyone have a good reference guide for online battles. I want to get into wifi compitions, but my strategies are basic and limited to water beats rock etc.

Pokémon (B/W) - Smogon University

They haven't gotten around to Gen VI, but they will soon enough.

Is there a begininer section, there are a lot of terms I do not understand. Nor do I have the foundation of basic team building.

Pokémon (B/W) - Smogon University

They haven't gotten around to Gen VI, but they will soon enough.

Is there a begininer section, there are a lot of terms I do not understand. Nor do I have the foundation of basic team building.

Articles (B/W) - Smogon University

You could perhaps look here. I don't really use Smogon since I'm not much of a competitive battler.

So besides route 14 - which is fill of ground Pokemon which is no fun when you're training a steel type- where else can I train for the sixth gym?

So besides route 14 - which is fill of ground Pokemon which is no fun when you're training a steel type- where else can I train for the sixth gym?

Do to triple battles at the restaurant "le yeah" in lumiose, the pokes are all Lv.31 so it shouldn't be difficult, and if you have the O Power for experience it's even better, and you also make some extra money

Shame I only have 135 poke dollars.

I just sold a load of stuff from my bag - nuggets and a few ultra balls. Then I didn't have enough after using the Taxi to go to the diner ;-;

I also got into that clothes shop after that. I want that 260000 outfit... D:

Cheers. Sure I ended up with Charizard lagging behind by a few levels and Tyrunt a level higher than it should've evolved (and will be more since it's not morning) but I got a few levels on the front three, so good stuff. I also used the money O Power and the amulet coin, money woo.

Last edited:

Make sure your first Mon is holding Amulet Coin when facing trainers. This is the first Pokemon game I have played that I have not had financial issues with since you get Amulet coin early in the game compaired to others when you get it near the end.

Dom

Males can now pass down hidden abilities right? Also where can I find more evolution stones?

Males can now pass down hidden abilities right? Also where can I find more evolution stones?

They can when the male Pokemon is bred with Ditto.

Evolution stones can be gotten via Secret Super Training.

Shiny Hatching?

Just heard on youtube that a pokemons chance of hatching into a shiny isn't determined until it actually hatches, not when it is picked up from the daycare. If this is true, can I use the steps below?

Get 5 eggs, save, hatch and check their stats. If they have 5-6 max IVs I reload, store any good eggs, and repeat until I have 5 great ones. At this point I keep hatching these eggs repeatedly until I get a shiny.

Would this strategy work? Does the Masuda method still take effect? I've obtained a shiny charmander through picking up 5 new eggs at a time, but the stats are always random. Unfortunately, the guy I heard this from was using the RNG hack, which is something I won't do, so I'm unsure of the legitimacy of his procedure.

Last edited:

Speaking of Amulet Coin and O-Power, has the amount increased been verified yet for GenVI? I was told that the Amulet Coin doubles earnings, but that sounds a little iffy to me. :p

I don't know if anyone has even looked at O-Power levels yet huh?

Re: Shiny Hatching?

Just heard on youtube that a pokemons chance of hatching into a shiny isn't determined until it actually hatches, not when it is picked up from the daycare. If this is true, can I use the steps below?

Get 5 eggs, save, hatch and check their stats. If they have 5-6 max IVs I reload, store any good eggs, and repeat until I have 5 great ones. At this point I keep hatching these eggs repeatedly until I get a shiny.

Would this strategy work? Does the Masuda method still take effect? I've obtained a shiny charmander through picking up 5 new eggs at a time, but the stats are always random. Unfortunately, the guy I heard this from was using the RNG hack, which is something I won't do, so I'm unsure of the legitimacy of his procedure.

Hmm...well, what you might want to do is see if the nature/characteristics are always the same when you hatch the eggs. If they're not, then it's either the hack, or it's legitimate. I however, would continue to just hatch more eggs - what's the point of hatching the same 5 over and over if, for all you know, it's already determined they're not shiny?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom