• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I hear the mother of a breeding pair can pass down egg moves now. Does anyone know the chance of moves being passed down by the mother?

I think the mother should always pass the moves down, just like the father (provided there aren't more than four moves passed down or anything like that).

Re: Help! y Data corruped!

Do pokemon transferred with the PokeTransfer system retain the pokeballs they were captured in or do they get reverted to normal pokeballs? If they are retained, are there any pokeballs from the older versions that are not in X/Y? Can those unique pokeballs still be bred if their from a female?

1) Yes

2) Yes:
- Dream Ball
- Safari Ball
- Park Ball
- All Apricorn Balls

3) Yes

Source: Serebii

:)

I hear the mother of a breeding pair can pass down egg moves now. Does anyone know the chance of moves being passed down by the mother?

Also I just added a few friend codes to my friends list but the friend safari isn't displaying new areas and I'm wondering why that's so.

IDK, but I think it's 100%. I was breeding a Mareep (female) who knew Electric Terrain while the male didn't, and every single baby had Electric Terrain.

Any know if a Mega Kangaskhan takes double recoil damage if it uses Double-Edge due to its ability or does it just take regular damage?

So I'm trying to complete the pokedex in y and it says I need pokemon 138 so I went in gts to get it TWICE but it won't register, please help /:

Pokedex registration problem/:

So I'm trying to finish the pokedex and it says I need pokemon 138, so I went threw the gts and got it TWICE and it won't register, please help me /:

Re: Pokedex registration problem/:

So I'm trying to finish the pokedex and it says I need pokemon 138, so I went threw the gts and got it TWICE and it won't register, please help me /:

Which Pokédex are you trying to complete? Depending on which section you looked up, Pokémon #138 could be:

Omanyte (National Dex)
Munchlax (Central Kalos Dex)
Chatot (Coastal Kalos Dex)
Ditto (Mountain Kalos Dex)

Which one do you need?

How do I know which I've my Pokemon has?

Do you mean IVs? Well you can go to the Stats Judge in the Pokemon Center in Kiloude City to check the IVs(it wont give you the numbers though) or use an online IV calculator.

Poké Radar returns in GEN VI. But does its Shiny probability-increasing power remain? With consecutive fishing added, and the normal probability of Shinies being doubled, it really makes me wonder if GameFreak has removed Poké Radar's ability to increase Shiny encounter probabilities.

Ok I got me a pikachu from the Wonder Trade and it has a pink smiley face next toy he blue Kalos icon. What does this mean?

Ok I got me a pikachu from the Wonder Trade and it has a pink smiley face next toy he blue Kalos icon. What does this mean?
It means it had Pokerus. Pokerus is a virus your Pokemon can get, it doubles the EVs your Pokemon gains in battle.

Do I still get the bonuses from the virus in Gen VI, or do they go away? I can't find a straight answer to this online.

Dom

Do I still get the bonuses from the virus in Gen VI, or do they go away? I can't find a straight answer to this online.

Dom

Yes. In all games since gen II the virus' effects to double EVs gained in battle remains from the moment they are infected. The smiley face just means they won't be able to infect other pokemon with it, which is why it is standard proceedure to keep 1 or more infected pokemon in your box - while in the box, they cannot lose the pokerus.

Poké Radar returns in GEN VI. But does its Shiny probability-increasing power remain? With consecutive fishing added, and the normal probability of Shinies being doubled, it really makes me wonder if GameFreak has removed Poké Radar's ability to increase Shiny encounter probabilities.

That feature hasn't been removed. Pokéradar chaining still functions the same way, with shiny grass patches and all. As far as I know, it's still unconfirmed exactly the maximum chain length (it's likely still 40) and what the odds increase to, but the basic functionality is the same.

Last edited:

Out of curiosity, what's Coastal Kalos Pokedex entry #144 [edit: #146] ? This is one reason why I wish we had Habitat mode back from BW2....

Sorry, I meant #146. Right between Octillery and Chinchou. It has to be something that doesn't evolve and it's presumably a bay area Pokemon (Corsola?), but obviously I misssed something and no NPC trainer has it in their roster to witness. In BW2 I could just go Habitat by Habitat and find where it is, but no such luck with XY.

Sorry, I meant #146. Right between Octillery and Chinchou. It has to be something that doesn't evolve, and it's presumably a bay Pokemon, but this is one reason I really miss BW2's Habitat listing mode.

It's fine~ Corsola is #146.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom