• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

For those who have the 3DS app Pokemon Dream Radar, if you buy it on a 3DS, but then later get a 3DS XL and such, are you able to download it on the newer system? Or do you have to do a complete system transfer in order to do it? And what does a system transfer do exactly?

I'm contemplating getting a newer system (as much as I love my Midnight Purple 3DS, I wanna get myself a bday present a lil bit early :ksmile:) and I wanted to figure this all out BEFORE I go buying software and then finding out it's stuck on the system I bought it on :c

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I'm not so sure, once you get rolling you can get the dex done in two days if that (regarding the bank legends). You just put up something good for a legend, then trade that legend, and so on and so forth.

Question: So I got that lovely birthday event just now. Is there anything else of note that happens on your birthday in XY?

Last edited:
For those who have the 3DS app Pokemon Dream Radar, if you buy it on a 3DS, but then later get a 3DS XL and such, are you able to download it on the newer system? Or do you have to do a complete system transfer in order to do it? And what does a system transfer do exactly?

I'm contemplating getting a newer system (as much as I love my Midnight Purple 3DS, I wanna get myself a bday present a lil bit early :ksmile:) and I wanted to figure this all out BEFORE I go buying software and then finding out it's stuck on the system I bought it on :c

So when I got my 3DS XL in September (Pokemon X Blue! Yay!), I was able to do a System Transfer just fine. As far as I know, you cannot download something you've bought again onto a different system. A System Transfer, however isn't that hard (I messed up doing it the first time and I was able to get all of my saved apps and data just like I left them) and it is actually a pretty cool thing to do so you won't lose any progress in saved games that have been downloaded onto that particular system. The System Transfer will basically transfer all of one system's info (Friend Code, saved game data, Mii data, etc.) from the old system to the new one. It will, however, erase the data from the old system so you want to make sure you absolutely want to do it. Nintendo has this article that may help you out.

You also want to make sure before you do it that you have access to a computer that has an SD card reader since you will need to use it to format the new SD card and to transfer the files. After that, it's really just a matter of copying files from the old SD card to the computer and then to the new SD card.

I think that about covers it (it's been a couple of months since I did mine and my memory's a little rusty). There are also plenty of articles you can look up online that walks you through it step-by-step.

I hope this helped!

One of the player Icons from when I pick a Safari has reverted to a faceless image with a question mark, even though it had a full icon before and it still gives out the third Pokemon and HA Pokemon when I enter its Safari. Is that a glitch?

Was the Pokemon Vivillon? There's a little glitch with Vivillon appearing on the Friend Safari due to it's multiple patterns I think.

No, nothing like that, I was already aware of the Pokeball icon issue with Vivillon. I'm talking about the image of the trainer, you know how it's hidden and with a "?" over it, and it stays that way until the player comes online. Well, the opposite happened for me. I had the image of the trainer, but now it reverted to the icon-less image with the question mark. I still have access to the third Pokemon and I can get Pokemon with HA from the Safari of that player, but with the aforementioned issue.

I do not want to bring up a dead topic, but does having two Games give two Friend Safaris w/ same pokemon or does it just replace that friend like on PSS? If there are two, that might explain the missing face. On the inactive character.

One of the player Icons from when I pick a Safari has reverted to a faceless image with a question mark, even though it had a full icon before and it still gives out the third Pokemon and HA Pokemon when I enter its Safari. Is that a glitch?

Was the Pokemon Vivillon? There's a little glitch with Vivillon appearing on the Friend Safari due to it's multiple patterns I think.

No, nothing like that, I was already aware of the Pokeball icon issue with Vivillon. I'm talking about the image of the trainer, you know how it's hidden and with a "?" over it, and it stays that way until the player comes online. Well, the opposite happened for me. I had the image of the trainer, but now it reverted to the icon-less image with the question mark. I still have access to the third Pokemon and I can get Pokemon with HA from the Safari of that player, but with the aforementioned issue.

I do not want to bring up a dead topic, but does having two Games give two Friend Safaris w/ same pokemon or does it just replace that friend like on PSS? If there are two, that might explain the missing face. On the inactive character.

If it's from the same 3DS system, it would count as being the same friend, and would override the Friend Safari. So that could explain the face disappearing.

Does Excadrill learn any Steel-Type damaging move in Gen VI thats better then Metal Claw without the need of bringing an already trained Excadrill over via Pokebank? 'Cause I really want an Excadrill without needing to go through the whole breeding thing in Gen V or earlier, ya know? Destiny Knot makes things a whole lot easier.

Does Excadrill learn any Steel-Type damaging move in Gen VI thats better then Metal Claw without the need of bringing an already trained Excadrill over via Pokebank? 'Cause I really want an Excadrill without needing to go through the whole breeding thing in Gen V or earlier, ya know? Destiny Knot makes things a whole lot easier.

According to Bulbapedia, it doesnt learn any better Steel Moves in Gen 6.

I'm not so sure, once you get rolling you can get the dex done in two days if that (regarding the bank legends). You just put up something good for a legend, then trade that legend, and so on and so forth.

Question: So I got that lovely birthday event just now. Is there anything else of note that happens on your birthday in XY?

I had mine a couple days ago and aside from the Balloons and confetti falling the first time you enter the Pokemon Center and the cake on the screen I didnt have anything else happen. I also didnt go home so I dont know if your Mom does anything for you.

Dom

It's not a glitch. That just means that the person unfriended you from his 3DS. Probably because his friend list are full and he wanted to add new friends. No big deal because you can still play in his safari.

So... Furisode Girls. Does anyone know where they got that name from?

bulbapedia_Roost said:
Roost restores half of the user's maximum HP. If the user is a Flying-type, it will lose its Flying-type

Is this still true in XY?

Because once I was battling online, with my Gallade vs the opponent's Skarmory.

I kept spamming Close Combat, but when the opponent kept using Roost, for some reason, strangely, Gallade's Close Combat won't deal any more damage. I mean, I thought Roost made the user lose their Flying-status? Then shouldn't a Close Combat KO the Steel Bird?

What in the world happened?

bulbapedia_Roost said:
Roost restores half of the user's maximum HP. If the user is a Flying-type, it will lose its Flying-type

I kept spamming Close Combat, but when the opponent kept using Roost, for some reason, strangely, Gallade's Close Combat won't deal any more damage. I mean, I thought Roost made the user lose their Flying-status? Then shouldn't a Close Combat KO the Steel Bird?

I imagine you would be striking first, since Gallade is faster (correct me if this was not the case). The Flying type is removed for the rest of the turn only, after you use Roost, so therefore you would not be landing Close Combat while the Fighting resistance is negated.

bulbapedia_Roost said:

I imagine you would be striking first, since Gallade is faster (correct me if this was not the case). The Flying type is removed for the rest of the turn only, after you use Roost, so therefore you would not be landing Close Combat while the Fighting resistance is negated.

Oh. My Gallade was faster, yes, so that explains it ._. Thanks.

Has anyone actually managed to make any sense of the scoring in the Balloon Popping attraction at Global Link? Some sources say the speed and size of the balloons should determine the points given, but so far I've failed to see any correlation - any balloon seems to give anything from 1 to 10 regardless of its attributes. (Additionally it'd be nice to know whether the rank has any effect on the outcome. Because of the messy scoring, I'm hitting all ranks randomly, yet most of the time I get more of the useless berries even on the A and B ranks.)

E: How cute. >_>

Does anyone know if the frontier brains in emerald are re-battleable after you've beaten them?

Has anyone actually managed to make any sense of the scoring in the Balloon Popping attraction at Global Link? Some sources say the speed and size of the balloons should determine the points given, but so far I've failed to see any correlation - any balloon seems to give anything from 1 to 10 regardless of its attributes. (Additionally it'd be nice to know whether the rank has any effect on the outcome. Because of the messy scoring, I'm hitting all ranks randomly, yet most of the time I get more of the useless berries even on the A and B ranks.)

Well in my experience, you get more points for big AND fast balloons (but big slow ones give you few points).
But I think the scoring is a farce; I get an E rank: Tamato Berries! I get an A rank: Tamato berries!

Well in my experience, you get more points for big AND fast balloons (but big slow ones give you few points).
But I think the scoring is a farce; I get an E rank: Tamato Berries! I get an A rank: Tamato berries!

I see. I think I've tried that combination too, but I'll check again next time I feel like gambling then :p The horrible payout algorithm is a pain in the buttocks, yes; I played like 50 rounds yesterday and got only two Shiny Stones, which I sorely need a bunch of.

From what I understand the PGL medals play an important role in what prizes you get too, and I think they are more important than the actual score. Other than berries, my only prizes so far have been a razor fang (thankfully I need one of those), a FIRE STONE and a Magmarizer.
At which point I ask; why did they think it a good idea to put the buyable evo stones as prizes? The berries are hard to find at least and have SOME use (evolving Chansey, for example),

Got a question about the stone emplorium. Right now I have enough fame or style or whatever it's called in this game to buy mega stones for 300,000. I have the option to buy at the counter a water, fire, leaf and thunder stone. Is this all the stones they sell or will improving my style gain me more stones. I need a couple of moon stones for evolutions and a couple of others as well that I just can't think of off the top of my head.

Dom

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom