• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I'm somewhat confused at your point Soulweaver. A perfect 1:1 clone of a pokemon is possible without cloning, except that it's as unlikely as the probability of any one of us being here alive today. Plus once the proceedure to clone is complete they become two separate pokemon files (as Stratelier said earlier, a computer will give a different name to a file you duplicate, same holds true for pokemon...kinda). There are no "problems" as you describe that would come from a clone because they are separate .PKX files.

I meant problems with a system that would not allow duplicates through, not problems with clones existing in the first place.

...though I guess this all is already rather off the actual topic of the thread so I'll just stop here.

A check for a clone would be quite simple for Bank to do but only if an existing version of that same clone is already in your bank boxes. This means you would have the ability to store one on the bank system but no real way to detect if this mon has a clone still on he system or even if it has been cloned.

From what I have learned about the ID systems is that each trainer gets a unique public ID number a secret in game use ID as well. The mons also get a secret ID number to go along with the trainer ID and secret trainer ID. This gives the possibility of billions of unique trainer IDs as well as trillions of pokemon IDs for each mon.

Checking the data uploaded for the exact same ID set for trainer and mon and to compare that to what is already loaded will at least keep identical mons off the bank, but since our games store data by file name it will not stop the cloning in the game itself.

The ID system in place using the secret ID and public ID for the trainer and mon is one of the reasons why gen II and gen III were incompatible.

Now if someone were to hack the cloned mons data with a hex editor and change one of the bits for the unique ID in any location then we would have clones that could pass a bit ID check easily, and since our game save data can be found on our SD cards at some point in the playing process this is a possibility for someone who wants to take the time. It is the data that is put on the SD card is why we can clone in the first place, not a saving glitch like in the first and second gen.

Dom

Help

Ok, I recently trade a Xerneas on the GTS requesting a Kyogre. I got a 6iv shiny Kyogre.

Now, I just want to know how do I tell if it's a legit poke or if it's hax? (I don't have any haxxed pokes and prefer to keep it that way.)

Or is there even a way to tell?

Re: Help

Check where it was caught and at what level it was caught at.
Even as is, it's probably hacked. Nobody would trade a 6 IV shiny legendary for a regular legendary.

Re: Help

Ok, I recently trade a Xerneas on the GTS requesting a Kyogre. I got a 6iv shiny Kyogre.

Now, I just want to know how do I tell if it's a legit poke or if it's hax? (I don't have any haxxed pokes and prefer to keep it that way.)

Or is there even a way to tell?

it could be legit. the chances of finding a shiny 6iv kyogre do exist. now, given what a rare occurrence this would be, i would not trade it for something as mundane as a Xerneas.
in regards of checking the legitimacy, im not sure if there is a way to check if it's legit as long as it has legal moves and stats and his capture location and level are apropiate, but i'd say that if some average joe gave a shiny 6iv Kyogre for a Xerneas, is likely to be cloned, at least. some people think of clones like hacks, some people don't, so maybe you are okay with that possibility

if you're not comfortable with it, im sure you can get another kyogre offering that one on the GTS.

Mean Look Outspeed by Raikou

I was re-playing Pokemon Gold (Gen II), and I keep getting outspeed by Raikou. I am using the generic Gengar strategy, where the Gengar is at level 44 as opposed to level 45. Raikou has a speed is 115, compared to my level 44 Gengar with 116 speed. (I don't see how having a little more speed makes a difference, when Gengar already has higher speed.) Don't know much about priority, but Mean Look seems to have a priority of 0, unless I am wrong about that. I only outspeed Raikou buy sheer luck once, when Gengar was only at level 40, and I don't know how that happened. Raikou is not using Roar in these cases, although it has done it before. If Raikou used roar, the textbox would be different.

It was not a shiny Xerneas. It says that it: Seems to have travelled across both spaced and time to reach the Kalos Region from the Hoenn region. So haxxy poke?

There is nothing on level it was caught though, is that text because it went through pokebank? And it's Japanese (obviously, they are the only ones with pokebank.)

It was not a shiny Xerneas. It says that it: Seems to have travelled across both spaced and time to reach the Kalos Region from the Hoenn region. So haxxy poke?

There is nothing on level it was caught though, is that text because it went through pokebank? And it's Japanese (obviously, they are the only ones with pokebank.)

That is the hatching description I have got after moving Pokemons from Ruby to Soul Silver. It has prolly been moved up a couple games now.

Dom

That is the hatching description I have got after moving Pokemons from Ruby to Soul Silver. It has prolly been moved up a couple games now.

Dom

So it's prolly cloned. I think pokebank stops haxxed pokes. It was caught with a masterball, well it's in a masterball.

Being in a Masterball is not unusual for this Pokemon as you recieved the MB well before your encounter with Kyorge. I caught my first Kyorge with a MB as I kept either knocking him out or it would keep popping out of whatever I threw at it.

Hacked... Maybe, Being cloned would be a reasonable guess.

Dom

I'm just wondering, but can Crafty Shield be Sketched? If so, how?

I'm just wondering, but can Crafty Shield be Sketched? If so, how?

I know it doesn't work if used directly, but what might work is trying to use it the turn afterwards. If your Smeargle goes before the opposing Klefki (although due to Prankster, this would require Klefki to use an attack move), it might work. Don't quote me on this, though; I'm just hypothesizing. If someone could try it out, that would be great!

Strange Wonder Trade Occurrence

I was doing some Wonder Trades earlier today; just racking up Pokémiles and scouting for good foreign Pokémon.

Anyway, I put a Mawile up for trade, but the Wonder Trade system said that it couldn't find me a trade partner, or there was a communication failure (I cannot remember which one exactly). It gave me the "Ending communications... Please wait" screen, but I noticed that it stayed on this screen considerably longer than it normally does during a connection failure.

When I next checked my box, I noticed that my Mawile had been replaced with a Magikarp. What's more, this Magikarp had a bizarre nickname, "Mgkrp28WBP26" or something like that. Fearing that this Magikarp may be some kind of game-corrupting hack, I immediately got rid of it.

I heard that today was some kind of "flash mob" on the Wonder Trade, where a lot of people were going to release a bunch of Magikarp into the Wonder Trade system. I can accept the premise that some Prankster involved in this joke gave a Magikarp a bizarre nickname and sent it out to be traded. But the fact that it simply seemed to replace my boxed Mawile with no trade process occurring scares me into thinking that it is some kind of intrusive hack or glitch.

It has been several hours since this happened. Was this Magikarp some kind of hack? If it was, will it cause any kind of corruption to my save file? There seems to be no problems with my game so far; the save file loads, and no "bad eggs" have appeared in my box. But three days down the road is my save file going to suddenly become corrupt because of this? Can such a thing even happen?

I am rather distraught about the idea of my save file suddenly becoming lost, and I would be truly grateful to anyone who can shed some light on this situation for me.

Re: Strange Wonder Trade Occurrence

I was doing some Wonder Trades earlier today; just racking up Pokémiles and scouting for good foreign Pokémon.

Anyway, I put a Mawile up for trade, but the Wonder Trade system said that it couldn't find me a trade partner, or there was a communication failure (I cannot remember which one exactly). It gave me the "Ending communications... Please wait" screen, but I noticed that it stayed on this screen considerably longer than it normally does during a connection failure.

When I next checked my box, I noticed that my Mawile had been replaced with a Magikarp. What's more, this Magikarp had a bizarre nickname, "Mgkrp28WBP26" or something like that. Fearing that this Magikarp may be some kind of game-corrupting hack, I immediately got rid of it.

I heard that today was some kind of "flash mob" on the Wonder Trade, where a lot of people were going to release a bunch of Magikarp into the Wonder Trade system. I can accept the premise that some Prankster involved in this joke gave a Magikarp a bizarre nickname and sent it out to be traded. But the fact that it simply seemed to replace my boxed Mawile with no trade process occurring scares me into thinking that it is some kind of intrusive hack or glitch.

It has been several hours since this happened. Was this Magikarp some kind of hack? If it was, will it cause any kind of corruption to my save file? There seems to be no problems with my game so far; the save file loads, and no "bad eggs" have appeared in my box. But three days down the road is my save file going to suddenly become corrupt because of this? Can such a thing even happen?

I am rather distraught about the idea of my save file suddenly becoming lost, and I would be truly grateful to anyone who can shed some light on this situation for me.

When did the error occur? It seems the trade went through before the error, I really doubt it's a hack and I wouldnt worry too much.

Re: Strange Wonder Trade Occurrence

When did the error occur? It seems the trade went through before the error, I really doubt it's a hack and I wouldnt worry too much.

From what I can remember, the bottom screen said "Searching for a trade partner... Please wait a moment." Instead of showing me any trade partner, the bottom screen gave me the whole "ending communications" bit.

Is that even possible? To have a trade go through without the trade animation occurring?

Im not really sure how that would happen if you didnt get into any trades before the error occurred.

My thoughts exactly. Which is why I am worried it is some sort of intrusive hack.

As far as I know there is nothing like that, I have never heard of anything like that happening in any Pokemon game.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom