• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Ok.. After the long wait, I finally have Pokemon Bank.
But can anyone tell me if I can restart my Pokemon Y game AND keep all my pokemon (by placing them in the Bank)?
Did anyone try this already? (the people that already have the Bank)
thanks

As for the fishing question above me, Im pretty sure you can

But can anyone tell me if I can restart my Pokemon Y game AND keep all my pokemon (by placing them in the Bank)?
thanks

You can put pokemon in from multiple games and pull them out using other carts/versions of XY, so I'd have to assume that yes, you could safely do that.

thanks

You can put pokemon in from multiple games and pull them out using other carts/versions of XY, so I'd have to assume that yes, you could safely do that.

Okay, I'm gonna trust you on this. And if it can't be done; 15 years of catching pokemon is gone.. lol... But, seriously, thnx for the reply

thanks

Okay, I'm gonna trust you on this. And if it can't be done; 15 years of catching pokemon is gone.. lol... But, seriously, thnx for the reply

Its my understanding Bank's tied to the system, not the game. So you should be just fine :)

In Pokémon Black/White, do the pokémons from Dream World that are still in the Forest have their IVs and natures already set? Or could I SR until I get what I want?

Thanks!

Their genders/moves are set but everything else is generated at encounter time, as with other wild Pokemon.

How many PC boxes can you have max in Pokemon X/Y? I know you only start with seven plus the Battle Box, and I know you get more as you fill them up, like in Gen V. But how many do you get max?

How many PC boxes can you have max in Pokemon X/Y? I know you only start with seven plus the Battle Box, and I know you get more as you fill them up, like in Gen V. But how many do you get max?
31 Boxes total.

Re: Mean Look Outspeed by Raikou

[spacebar];5098734 said:
I was re-playing Pokemon Gold (Gen II), and I keep getting outspeed by Raikou. I am using the generic Gengar strategy, where the Gengar is at level 44 as opposed to level 45. Raikou has a speed is 115, compared to my level 44 Gengar with 116 speed. (I don't see how having a little more speed makes a difference, when Gengar already has higher speed.) Don't know much about priority, but Mean Look seems to have a priority of 0, unless I am wrong about that. I only outspeed Raikou buy sheer luck once, when Gengar was only at level 40, and I don't know how that happened. Raikou is not using Roar in these cases, although it has done it before. If Raikou used roar, the textbox would be different.

Quick question: if you haven't caught it yet, how do you know Raikou's speed stat? Or perhaps are you confusing it with his base Speed?

Whats the best way to grind EXP in X/Y ? I hope its not elite 4 its so boring.

Rte 23 (just after the tunnel to Victory Rd) works quickly up to about 30-36 and slow after that. Lucky Egg is a big help here too. All the mons here are 50-52, Ursaring, Scyzor, the cotton winged dragon (cant remember the name) and those drunk bears (again with the name) are all you will find and with the right move they all drop with one hit. I use this area to power level hatchlings into the 30's then move to the battle mansion or E-4. This works good if you are trying to evolve mons for filling up the dex.

Simba said:

Put at least one mon in each box, log out and log back in and you will have more boxes.

Dom

Besides fighting the elite 4 over and over again where is a good source of money? What do you guys do to replenish funds from pokeball purchases and daycare fees?

Elite 4 with Amulet coin is the way I do it. Battle mansion with Amulet coin would be another good way. Either way keep amulet coin on you for x2 money, and I believe there is an O-Power for money too that would help.

Dom

Besides fighting the elite 4 over and over again where is a good source of money? What do you guys do to replenish funds from pokeball purchases and daycare fees?
I go to Restaurant Le Wow and do Triple Battles (which is also a good source of EXP). It does require some money to eat there (P90,000 at max style) but if you use any O-Power it would last through all 5 battles, so you can use Exp and Prize Money O-Powers before you start. Bring an Amulet Coin/Luck Incense with you and try to finish the battles as closely to the number of turns they recommend to win more of the Balm Mushrooms, which you can sell for a good amount of money.

This is more of an advice/should I kinda question but it's about the old games so why not:

I'm thinking of buying Pokemon Red in a sealed condition for my collection as I've been saving up for a while. I'd probably open it up and play the game. But at the same time I'd feel pretty guilty about it as there aren't to many left. I plan on getting all of the games for my collection, the reason why I'd be getting sealed or mint is because everything else is in poor condition or not complete. (mainly the boxes.) So what do you guys think? should I get the game and open it up and do what I want with it or should I leave it for the collection's who plan on leaving it as is?

I go to Restaurant Le Wow and do Triple Battles (which is also a good source of EXP). It does require some money to eat there (P90,000 at max style) but if you use any O-Power it would last through all 5 battles, so you can use Exp and Prize Money O-Powers before you start. Bring an Amulet Coin/Luck Incense with you and try to finish the battles as closely to the number of turns they recommend to win more of the Balm Mushrooms, which you can sell for a good amount of money.

Battle Chateau is also useful for raising money, especially if you've ranked it up enough. You can spend money there to increase your money payout (both directly and indirectly through more trainer battles), but it isn't necessary, so you can get money freely if you so wish.

But yeah, in general, the Amulet Coin and Luck Incense will help no matter where you go.

I want to know if this is a glitch or something

I had an Eevee transferred over from Gen5.
I played with it on Amie to evolve it into Sylveon.
It evolved, but the dex tells me I don't own a Sylveon :/

For serious. Is this supposed to happen? I have a Sylveon that can't be registered in the dex?

Okay, since Bank is out worldwide, can somebody confirm if this is a glitch or not?

I want to know if this is a glitch or something

I had an Eevee transferred over from Gen5.
I played with it on Amie to evolve it into Sylveon.
It evolved, but the dex tells me I don't own a Sylveon :/

if you trade it or put it in the bank, does it register it then?

For serious. Is this supposed to happen? I have a Sylveon that can't be registered in the dex?

Okay, since Bank is out worldwide, can somebody confirm if this is a glitch or not?

Did you try trading or using bank with it? it might register it.

Last edited:

Thanks to the Bank I now have 709 Pokemon. All the Mons without the Event Pokemon and even some of them. I got the Oval Charm from the Prof but I dont get the Shiny Charm. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks to the Bank I now have 709 Pokemon. All the Mons without the Event Pokemon and even some of them. I got the Oval Charm from the Prof but I dont get the Shiny Charm. Am I doing something wrong?

Hm...Check manually through your national dex. The slots that should be empty (or otherwise aren't counted for the shiny charm) are 151 [Mew], 251 [Celebi], 385 [Jirachi], 386 [Deoxys], 489 [Phione], 490 [Manaphy], 491 [Darkrai], 492 [Shaymin], 493 [Arceus], 494 [Victini], 647 [Keldeo], 648 [Meloetta], 649 [Genesect].
If any slots are empty OTHER than those numbers, you must have missed something.
Also, remember that you have to manually go see the professor IN LUMIOSE to get the shiny charm.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom