• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

How many PC boxes can you have max in Pokemon X/Y? I know you only start with seven plus the Battle Box, and I know you get more as you fill them up, like in Gen V. But how many do you get max?
31 Boxes total.

Oh jeeze, good! I was worried it was still 16, which wouldn't be nearly enough for all 717 or whatever Pokemon.

See, this is why Nintendo is a great company -- any other company would've given you insufficient boxes to have one each of all the Pokemon, thereby strong-arming you into getting Pokebank.

Rte 23 (just after the tunnel to Victory Rd) works quickly up to about 30-36 and slow after that. Lucky Egg is a big help here too. All the mons here are 50-52, Ursaring, Scyzor, the cotton winged dragon (cant remember the name) and those drunk bears (again with the name) are all you will find and with the right move they all drop with one hit. I use this area to power level hatchlings into the 30's then move to the battle mansion or E-4. This works good if you are trying to evolve mons for filling up the dex.

Simba said:
How many PC boxes can you have max in Pokemon X/Y? I know you only start with seven plus the Battle Box, and I know you get more as you fill them up, like in Gen V. But how many do you get max?

Put at least one mon in each box, log out and log back in and you will have more boxes.

Dom

Hah! Didn't know you could do that. Thanks.

Besides fighting the elite 4 over and over again where is a good source of money? What do you guys do to replenish funds from pokeball purchases and daycare fees?

Pokeball purchases and Daycare fees? Those are so cheap, just go to Cafe Le Wow and battle through once, and you should be set for days.

Is there a guy in-game that buys valuable stones like big nuggets from you at a higher rate than what you can sell to shops? I know there was one in the Unova games and I'm curious if someone like him is still around.

Is there a guy in-game that buys valuable stones like big nuggets from you at a higher rate than what you can sell to shops? I know there was one in the Unova games and I'm curious if someone like him is still around.

I didn't ever see such a person in the game myself and haven't seen any other site claim otherwise so I'm pretty sure that guy didn't make it in XY.

Do nicknames show up during trade negotiations?

Planning on using nicknames for conversation? That's what I'm doing, since they removed the happy/sad/exclimation/heart thing from Gen VI negotiations.

The main Pokémon wiki in spanish claims Destiny Knot has an effect on inheriting abilities and not just IVs. Is this true? (Mostly I don't believe it, since neither Bulbapedia or Serebii mention it, but I want to be sure)

The main Pokémon wiki in spanish claims Destiny Knot has an effect on inheriting abilities and not just IVs. Is this true? (Mostly I don't believe it, since neither Bulbapedia or Serebii mention it, but I want to be sure)
That is incorrect. Inheriting Abilities rely on chance, regardless of held item.

That is incorrect. Inheriting Abilities rely on chance, regardless of held item.
Adding to this, the mother has an 80% chance of passing on its ability to its offspring.
Pokémon breeding (Inheriting Abilities) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Adding to this, the mother has an 80% chance of passing on its ability to its offspring.
Pokémon breeding (Inheriting Abilities) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
That is, if it's not a Hidden Ability, which if the mother has it, she has a 60% chance.

I have a breeding question as well. I know the chances for the female to pass down her ability is very high. I have a female Noibat(has hidden ability Telepathy) with 4 perfect ivs. I only realized now that Infiltrator is the better ability. I put this female and a male Noibat with Infiltrator in the daycare. The thing is, the babies that don't end up with Telepathy have Frisk! How did that happen??

I have a breeding question as well. I know the chances for the female to pass down her ability is very high. I have a female Noibat(has hidden ability Telepathy) with 4 perfect ivs. I only realized now that Infiltrator is the better ability. I put this female and a male Noibat with Infiltrator in the daycare. The thing is, the babies that don't end up with Telepathy have Frisk! How did that happen??
IIRC the males ability has no effect on the child ability

OK I notice that when I do backflips on my skates that there is a chime sound on the second, and third flip I do in a row. I have not found an area that I can get more than 3 flips in, in a row but what is the chime sound for? Anything special?

Dom

A sad day in Sinnoh...

Okay, so I don't know if this should be posted here or somewhere else, but I'm in a bit of a fix.
A while ago my (rather small) dog got at my Platinum version. The case was totalled, but the chip looked fine. I decided to transplant it into a different case, so I pulled apart my old Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga case and switched the chip. I inserted the "newly refurbished:)P)" game into my DSi and it read the game. I tapped on it, but instead of going to the opening sequence, a white text box on a blue background popped up and said "The saved data could not be accessed. Please turn off the DS and reinsert the game card." So I tried it a few more times and no joy. Then I tried cleaning it a little with a tissue, still nothing. I haven't tried it in another DS yet, but do you think there is any hope for my poor Platinum? I rather like my Platinum team, plus I have a Shiny Gardevoir and Shiny Eevee(both from WiFi) and a few event Pokes. I just want to get them off that game if I can.

I recently imported all my legendaries from previous gens over to X; the legendary birds thus filled my Coastal Kalos Pokédex. However, unlike the Central section, it's not showing the 'completed' symbol, even though I have all 153 (nor does it give me the medal on GameSync). I noticed that the birds have the pokéball symbol rather than the Kalos Dex symbol below them - do I need to make sure every pokémon actually originates in Gen VI to have my dex consider it completed?

Fake Emerald cartridge

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and I have a very important question

I just found out that my emerald cartridge is fake (needless to say, I'm pissed)

Is there any way to transfer my Pokémon out of the cartridge without corruption occurring in other games? I'm already painfully aware that pal park is not an option, but I just want to get my Pokémon over to X.

Thanks in advance!

I recently imported all my legendaries from previous gens over to X; the legendary birds thus filled my Coastal Kalos Pokédex. However, unlike the Central section, it's not showing the 'completed' symbol, even though I have all 153 (nor does it give me the medal on GameSync). I noticed that the birds have the pokéball symbol rather than the Kalos Dex symbol below them - do I need to make sure every pokémon actually originates in Gen VI to have my dex consider it completed?
the legendary birds are not required for the coastal kalos dex

Then do you know why I don't get the completed thing? Because I have every single other pokémon, all originating from this gen, and I've got two of the birds filled in from Gen VI. The only thing I don't have from this gen is Moltres, but it's still in my dex (thanks to transporter), so...

Then do you know why I don't get the completed thing? Because I have every single other pokémon, all originating from this gen, and I've got two of the birds filled in from Gen VI. The only thing I don't have from this gen is Moltres, but it's still in my dex (thanks to transporter), so...

Each Pokémon must have one specimen with theKalos Symbol in order to for the Kalos Dex to be completed.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom